💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music has gotten really bad recently...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh
On 8/3/2018 at 1:10 PM, Rumours1977 said:

Eh.... for me, pop music from 2008-2016 was mostly garbage. 99.9% of pop music released today is not good as well. 

Just because Gaga came on the scene in 2008 doesn’t mean pop music improved at that time. TF is pretty generic, run-of-the-mill pop at best that hasn’t aged well. 

Yeah TF may be generic but it’s still way more interesting then the bland tropical house/ pop sound that has been in the mainstream for a few years now. And atleast TF has production with personality with catchy choruses, hooks, and iconic bridges. Songs today totally lack all of that. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon

I agree I think this year is the worst for pop music since a damn while!

And I'm trying to see the positive in it tho lol. ;) 

xoxo Craig
2 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I agree I think this year is the worst for pop music since a damn while!

And I'm trying to see the positive in it tho lol. ;) 

The only positive I've seen so far is Gaga with ASIB and possibly Enigma :cryga: 

End Racism Now

brucee

to me if you stick to the charts music sucks, but solid pop music is here and breathing. Grimes, Ionnalee aka IamamIwhoamI etc... I still discover some new gems. 

hello hello baby.

witchcocktor
4 minutes ago, brucee said:

to me if you stick to the charts music sucks, but solid pop music is here and breathing. Grimes, Ionnalee aka IamamIwhoamI etc... I still discover some new gems. 

This exactly. Pop music is well and fine, but if you can't see past charts, if you can't see past USA and UK, if you can't see past English-sung music, that's on you. Pop music is amazing right now, but the charts are terrible.

Of course, we can debate whether pop music means popular music, or '' pop '' music.

brucee
4 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

This exactly. Pop music is well and fine, but if you can't see past charts, if you can't see past USA and UK, if you can't see past English-sung music, that's on you. Pop music is amazing right now, but the charts are terrible.

Of course, we can debate whether pop music means popular music, or '' pop '' music.

I wanted to react 'YAAS' + Thanks 

@Craig Barnes : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdH2Sy-BlNE&frags=pl%2Cwn

hello hello baby.

xoxo Craig
10 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

Of course I can see past the charts, and the UK/USA but I'm not going to listen to a song that I can't understand what they are saying :awkney:

Pop has gotten worse over the last few years across the board. There are very few good pop songs nowadays compared to 2011 where we had BTW, Judas, Teenage Dream, Domino... 

End Racism Now

witchcocktor
Just now, Craig Barnes said:

Of course I can see past the charts, and the UK/USA but I'm not going to listen to a song that I can't understand what they are saying :awkney:

Pop has gotten worse over the last few years across the board. There are very few good pop songs nowadays compared to 2011 where we had BTW, Judas, Teenage Dream, Domino... 

Okay, here's my translation on 99% of pop songs

I LOVE YOUUU LOVE IS GREAT YAY LOOOVE :))) <33

I HATE YOUUU FOR BREAKING MY HEARTTT >:(( **** LUV >:(((

IM SO SAD BECAUSE LOVE :'''(((((((

SEX, PARTYING AND DRUGS ;)))))

And Teenage Dream and Domino? Both are really basic pop trash, basically on the same level as God Is A Woman, Havana, Wolves, Solo etc.

xoxo Craig
19 minutes ago, brucee said:

Years & Years made an excellent pop album and one the best 2018 releases imo, they wouldn't be that popular in the US but maybe in the UK... Anyway,  I loved their album. It's just that type of music is hard to come by

I've listened to some of Grimes's music; the instrumentals are sick but her voice is bad and really annoying 

I guess it comes down to taste

End Racism Now

brucee
1 minute ago, Craig Barnes said:

I guess it comes down to taste

sure to me all I mean to say is just that their are so many great artists behind the few proposed by the charts.

hello hello baby.

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, witchcocktor said:

Okay, here's my translation on 99% of pop songs

I LOVE YOUUU LOVE IS GREAT YAY LOOOVE :))) <33

I HATE YOUUU FOR BREAKING MY HEARTTT >:(( **** LUV >:(((

IM SO SAD BECAUSE LOVE :'''(((((((

SEX, PARTYING AND DRUGS ;)))))

And Teenage Dream and Domino? Both are really basic pop trash, basically on the same level as God Is A Woman, Havana, Wolves, Solo etc.

Well I think you need to see a doctor if that's seriously what you think :awkney:

TD isn't basic trash, that's a great pop song. What's being released nowadays is trash, absolute dog poo. The songs you mentioned are the few exceptions in today's music... they are actually quite good except from Wolves. The songs I'm referring too are songs like Shape of You, Closer, Bed, The Light Is Coming, No tears Left To Cry, Girls Like You... 

End Racism Now

NCgaga

Drake is the worst. His music is so boring, and lacks melody. The choruses in his songs are always so weak. Why do people go crazy for his music? We only have the people to blame for buying this crap. 

witchcocktor
4 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

Well I think you need to see a doctor if that's seriously what you think :awkney:

TD isn't basic trash, that's a great pop song. What's being released nowadays is trash, absolute dog poo. The songs you mentioned are the few exceptions in today's music... they are actually quite good except from Wolves. The songs I'm referring too are songs like Shape of You, Closer, Bed, The Light Is Coming, No tears Left To Cry, Girls Like You... 

There is literally no difference between a lot of those songs except the artist. They are all molded from the same level of basic pop poopoo, all lacking from any artistic integrity or anything substantial to begin with (kinda joking here but let's be real, most pop is just that, even the stuff not charting). Here, let me prescribe you some medicine for your ears, mind and heart. 

Spoiler

Spoiler

xoxo Craig
14 minutes ago, witchcocktor said:

There is literally no difference between a lot of those songs except the artist. They are all molded from the same level of basic pop poopoo, all lacking from any artistic integrity or anything substantial to begin with (kinda joking here but let's be real, most pop is just that, even the stuff not charting). Here, let me prescribe you some medicine for your ears, mind and heart. 

Hide contents

Hide contents

K-Pop is really cringey and the rest of the songs don't sound appealing to me 

End Racism Now

Archived