💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music has gotten really bad recently...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

I agree, pop music started suffering a few years ago and officially tailed off this year. Voices are average at best, beats are bland, there's no big choruses, nothing truly memorable anymore. Pop used to be all about the hard-hitting chorus, the one part that you knew all the words to even if you didn't remember the verses. But now, what is there to sing along with? One line? One word? No words at all, just a beat drop? And so many of them have features now, they can't stand on their own two feet like popstars of old. Madonna, Britney, Xtina, etc. rarely collabed at their peak. Some of them still rarely collab. Gaga is one of the few from the modern crop who don't frequently collab. It's like the new ones know they won't sell without help and they're not special enough to the point where they can sell a song purely on their own merit. Then again, all music has been suffering. This has been the worst year for album reviews. I've only found 4 albums so far this year that were above average.

16 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

sis you can't be relevant anymore after saying that

I know this wasn't directed at me, but so you know, Drake is technically considered an RnB star to many. He's a "melodic rapper," as some say. I never saw him as much of a rapper and thought it was strange that he was marketed as one. When you listen to stuff like Hotline Bling in particular, this is definitely RnB. He basically just talks half the time, no flow and uses RnB sounds the majority of the time. You hardly hear him freestyling or anything, right? When have you ever heard him aggressively tearing up a killer rap beat? Never, he's so mellow and monotone, nothing like how a rapper should be.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIGHTCRAWLER
10 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I agree, pop music started suffering a few years ago and officially tailed off this year. Voices are average at best, beats are bland, there's no big choruses, nothing truly memorable anymore. Pop used to be all about the hard-hitting chorus, the one part that you knew all the words to even if you didn't remember the verses. But now, what is there to sing along with? One line? One word? No words at all, just a beat drop? And so many of them have features now, they can't stand on their own two feet like popstars of old. Madonna, Britney, Xtina, etc. rarely collabed at their peak. Some of them still rarely collab. Gaga is one of the few from the modern crop who don't frequently collab. It's like the new ones know they won't sell without help and they're not special enough to the point where they can sell a song purely on their own merit. Then again, all music has been suffering. This has been the worst year for album reviews. I've only found 4 albums so far this year that were above average.

I know this wasn't directed at me, but so you know, Drake is technically considered an RnB star to many. He's a "melodic rapper," as some say. I never saw him as much of a rapper and thought it was strange that he was marketed as one. When you listen to stuff like Hotline Bling in particular, this is definitely RnB. He basically just talks half the time, no flow and uses RnB sounds the majority of the time. You hardly hear him freestyling or anything, right? When have you ever heard him aggressively tearing up a killer rap beat? Never, he's so mellow and monotone, nothing like how a rapper should be.

that's because his most popular stuff is RnB... Listen to his albums Nothing Was The Same and If You're Reading This It's Too Late. this is pure rap and it's fire. You really can't tell he can't rap.

I guess you won't listen to those albums so listen to those: Back To Back, 6 God, Started From The Bottom, 5AM in Toronto, Nonstop, Hype, Jumpman.... and I could name many more 

StrawberryBlond
8 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

that's because his most popular stuff is RnB... Listen to his albums Nothing Was The Same and If You're Reading This It's Too Late. this is pure rap and it's fire. You really can't tell he can't rap.

I guess you won't listen to those albums so listen to those: Back To Back, 6 God, Started From The Bottom, 5AM in Toronto, Nonstop, Hype, Jumpman.... and I could name many more 

Well, to be fair, I haven't listened to his earlier stuff, just his last 3 albums. I suppose, yes, he does dabble in rap but the point is, the majority of the time, he's got an RnB style going on. I got a limited rap vibe off Scorpion.

Thomas P

I feel like people forget that there was basic crap Music back then to. Sure the pop we love charted better, but that music is still being made, it’s just not popular at the moment.

listen to Melodrama, or Dirty Computer and you’ll be content :v:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Thomas P
20 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Well, to be fair, I haven't listened to his earlier stuff, just his last 3 albums. I suppose, yes, he does dabble in rap but the point is, the majority of the time, he's got an RnB style going on. I got a limited rap vibe off Scorpion.

This is a very fair point. Imo rihanna raps more than he does :ohwell:

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

NIGHTCRAWLER
2 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I agree that most of the time he got those RnB vocals and doesnt rap but that doesnt mean he can't rap. I honestly live for those RnB vocals :firega:

Glamourpuss
2 hours ago, Thomas P said:

I feel like people forget that there was basic crap Music back then to. Sure the pop we love charted better, but that music is still being made, it’s just not popular at the moment.

listen to Melodrama, or Dirty Computer and you’ll be content :v:

No, you're mistaken. I can remember what the pop charts have been like my whole life. I grew up watching music channels for the videos and I followed the charts. I cannot follow the charts anymore because there's usually not a single song that I like. I have a vast taste in music so it's nothing to do with me having poor taste. But music these days really is terrible. We need something catchy, melodic and anthemic. There used to be the odd song that was so good everybody of all ages liked it and it would be  playing everywhere. But there hasn't been a song that has wowed a lot of people like that in a long time.

xoxo Craig
20 minutes ago, PussyGlam said:

No, you're mistaken. I can remember what the pop charts have been like my whole life. I grew up watching music channels for the videos and I followed the charts. I cannot follow the charts anymore because there's usually not a single song that I like. I have a vast taste in music so it's nothing to do with me having poor taste. But music these days really is terrible. We need something catchy, melodic and anthemic. There used to be the odd song that was so good everybody of all ages liked it and it would be  playing everywhere. But there hasn't been a song that has wowed a lot of people like that in a long time.

This is exactly how I feel :tea:

End Racism Now

raragaga

i think Ariana made good songs this year but yeah, everything else has been pretty lame.. but, at the same time, art is subjective.. i mean, lana has a style of pop i guess, and her last album was fantastic..

xoxo

cjdamien

Bloom is a bop tho. But the last couple years have been downright abysmal. Even Robyn has left me disappointed. I am hoping the full Troye album and Jake Shears will help me survive until ASIB and LG6 when it comes in 7964. 

xoxo Craig
25 minutes ago, brucee said:

what about Janelle Monae ? 

Who?

End Racism Now

Money Honey

Let's look at all music in general. Back in the 80s, for example, we remember every song released as perfect. 80s is one of my fav music eras, but we probs only remember the good songs and forget the bad. The same goes for 90s and 00s.

Also in the 80s, ABBA songs and Toto - Africa were despised but looked back on now as amazing, so keep that in mind.

I realise that a lot of charts music is awful, but if you search in the right places you can find great modern music, like Lorde and Lana Del Rey.

My point is, mainstream music is dead and it all sounds the same, but you can still find good music in the right places. In time we will forget about all the bad music. Hopefully Gaga will be remembered! 

I'm a free bitch, baby

River

Actually for me it all started in 2009 with Boom Boom Pow of BEP... from this turning point the music became very bad with few exceptions..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived