đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music has gotten really bad recently...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

NIGHTCRAWLER
9 hours ago, Gohan said:

Not even Ariana is trying to make good pop music anymore, hoping on that trap/urban instrumental with God Is A Woman. Somehow all the songs released now sound the same and it's starting to get boring. Drake being everywhere when his music is bland and he doesn't even know how to rap, but let's hope popstars can come back with fresh sounds and diminish all these talk-singing messes out there.

sis you can't be relevant anymore after saying that

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NIGHTCRAWLER

Honestly I think this saying that pop music is bad in 2018 is just a mood. Of course people are more into hip hop and trap right now but I had many pop bops this year:

No tears left to cry, the middle, back to you, I'm a Mess, Solo, Girls Like You, God is a Woman, One Kiss, Done For Me, Youngblood, 2002, Girls, Friends, In my blood, Wolves, IDGAF, I Miss You, Love Lies, Him & I and I could name more

Delulu Rogers

Pop music began it's decline in mid 2014. That's when the shift from big hooks and powerful melodies started moving for toward the tropical, techno, instrumental, non-existent choruses types of songs

Anderson123

No offense but all years have had good and bad pop music, it depends on the taste. Me for example, I think some of the ones you mentioned as great (Katy, Kesha, Selena, some of the Rated R and Loud songs by Rihanna) are generic as hell and I can’t stand them. 

xoxo Craig
10 hours ago, Solitaiire said:

Not when MISS ARIANA GRANDE is still releasing bops.

Pre Order Sweetener coming August 17th!

Where?

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
9 hours ago, High King said:

Ehh speak for yourself, putting the “breaking pop” and “alt/pop” playlists on shuffle has resulted in the discovery of hundreds of new bops, some of them being the freshest I’ve ever heard. Pop is as strong as ever in 2018. 

Give me a link

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
6 hours ago, Princess Stache said:

I would argue 2013/14 was the last good year.  We had some exceptions here and there but overall pop is dead in 2018.  2017 was actually a decent year (although a lot of great music didn't go mainstream) with Dua Lipa's debut, Witness (hate on it but it was POP music with minimal hip-hop influence), Rainbow, Reputation (again not the best album in substance or commercial value but was still pop at its core), and even Charli XCX's Number 1 Angel, although it was a mixtape and didn't allow for album-level promotion.  If you want PURE electronic/synth pop you need to listen to Number 1 Angel.  Anyway, mainstream pop is dead at the moment but there is still some pop left if you look out of the mainstream.  Like I previously mentioned Charli XCX is devoted to pop music and the past 4 singles from her upcoming album have all been spectacular pop gold (aside from the hip hop influenced 5 in the Morning, which is still great), Kim Petras (if you can ignore the fact that she works with Dr. Luke), Tove Lo, and even RuPauls Drag Race alum Blair St. Clair's generic-sounding yet fun dance/EDM album.  Hopefully Gaga's work with SOPHIE and other PC/electronic producers can revitalize the pop industry where there is virtually no competition.

I don't like Charli's music though... I mean I like Boom Clap what that's about it :selena: I don't like Dua's music either. I loved Witness though

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
6 hours ago, ZombieAphrodite said:

That’s why I listen to Kpop. More effort is put into it. 

I mean look at this 

K-Pop is just very cringey though, I can't take it seriously 

End Racism Now

xoxo Craig
3 hours ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

Honestly I think this saying that pop music is bad in 2018 is just a mood. Of course people are more into hip hop and trap right now but I had many pop bops this year:

No tears left to cry, the middle, back to you, I'm a Mess, Solo, Girls Like You, God is a Woman, One Kiss, Done For Me, Youngblood, 2002, Girls, Friends, In my blood, Wolves, IDGAF, I Miss You, Love Lies, Him & I and I could name more

Out of that lot I only like Solo and God Is A Woman 

End Racism Now

Moebius
13 hours ago, OBEY said:

then don't listen to them and explore music outside the music charts/what's trending/what's on the radio.

tenor.gif?itemid=7618593

Stan Charli GodCX

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

Bradley

Pop music may not be reigning the charts right now but the artists who made pop music in the years of 2010 to 2014 are still around so I've never really found myself to be in a position where I don't have good music to listen to.

Katy, Gaga, Timberlake, Britney, Swift, Imagine Dragons have all released albums recently. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj are releasing 2018 albums whereas Rihanna has confirmed that she's making music and has been in the studio.

So far the only exciting 2019 projects are Gaga and Rihanna's. Katy usually takes a long time in the studio so she might not have an album out until late 2019 or early 2020.

In addition of that, I listen to newer artists like Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes as well. Also The Weeknd, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez also make music that occasionally interest me. I don't adore them the way I do with Katy, Gaga and Rihanna but some of their singles are bops.

xoxo Craig
25 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Pop music may not be reigning the charts right now but the artists who made pop music in the years of 2010 to 2014 are still around so I've never really found myself to be in a position where I don't have good music to listen to.

Katy, Gaga, Timberlake, Britney, Swift, Imagine Dragons have all released albums recently. Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj are releasing 2018 albums whereas Rihanna has confirmed that she's making music and has been in the studio.

So far the only exciting 2019 projects are Gaga and Rihanna's. Katy usually takes a long time in the studio so she might not have an album out until late 2019 or early 2020.

In addition of that, I listen to newer artists like Charlie Puth, Shawn Mendes as well. Also The Weeknd, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez also make music that occasionally interest me. I don't adore them the way I do with Katy, Gaga and Rihanna but some of their singles are bops.

I understand where you are coming from.

For me I find Charlie Puth annoying.  I don't like his voice or his songs. I like Shawn though. 

I feel like the quality in music has dropped from the artists that were already around. Like Ariana Grande for example. I was expecting her to make great bops... but she didn't deliver. No Tears was cute, The Light was boring as fck,  and God Is A Woman is a moderate bop. Her music just isn't the same quality as it was when she released Dangerous Woman. It's the same with Nicki Minaj. I don't listen to Britney, and I hate Taylors music.  

Gaga released in 2016 and I loved Joanne and thought it was an amazing album, then Katy released in 2017 and I really loved that album too. 

A few year ago when pop music was great, other artists and perhaps newer artists at the time released great music too. Now it's all just generic and boring, and while we still have artists like Gaga and Katy, finding great music is becoming more difficult. 

End Racism Now

Bradley
8 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I understand where you are coming from.

For me I find Charlie Puth annoying.  I don't like his voice or his songs. I like Shawn though. 

I feel like the quality in music has dropped from the artists that were already around. Like Ariana Grande for example. I was expecting her to make great bops... but she didn't deliver. No Tears was cute, The Light was boring as fck,  and God Is A Woman is a moderate bop. Her music just isn't the same quality as it was when she released Dangerous Woman. It's the same with Nicki Minaj. I don't listen to Britney, and I hate Taylors music.  

Gaga released in 2016 and I loved Joanne and thought it was an amazing album, then Katy released in 2017 and I really loved that album too. 

A few year ago when pop music was great, other artists and perhaps newer artists at the time released great music too. Now it's all just generic and boring, and while we still have artists like Gaga and Katy, finding great music is becoming more difficult. 

I haven't heard Charlie's first album but his second album (Voicenotes) is full of bops. A lot of members here enjoy it. In fact he writes and produces his own songs so he's actually pretty talented.

Taylor Swift is decent but not groundbreaking I would say whereas Britney actually has a lot of bops in her discography. You might give her old albums a shot she has a lot of bops. I haven't heard Dangerous Woman in ages I feel like I should do it soon. I only remember the singles.

xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

I haven't heard Charlie's first album but his second album (Voicenotes) is full of bops. A lot of members here enjoy it. In fact he writes and produces his own songs so he's actually pretty talented.

Taylor Swift is decent but not groundbreaking I would say whereas Britney actually has a lot of bops in her discography. You might give her old albums a shot she has a lot of bops. I haven't heard Dangerous Woman in ages I feel like I should do it soon. I only remember the singles.

Dangerous Woman is THE pop album of 2016, it's amazing from start to finish.

I guess it comes down to taste. His song attention gets played a lot... I hate it omg, it's so annoying. I've never been a fan, like he was on See You Again but I hated his voice

End Racism Now

Archived