šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Pop Music has gotten really bad recently...

xoxo Craig

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Craig Barnes said:

Teenage Dream has a heavy instrumental, Havana is just a piano and drums. Teenage Dream also has better lyrics than Havana... Havana doesn't really set any scene but Teenage Dream does.

Quality doesn't consist in instrumentals. Havana fits into this more ''chill'' musical landscape but it's a just as much of an easy-listening song like Teenage Dream is.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

Quality doesn't consist in instrumentals. Havana fits into this more ''chill'' musical landscape but it's a just as much of an easy-listening song like Teenage Dream is.

I agree but they aren't hollow.Ā 

Examples of hollow songs imo:

Ā 

https://youtu.be/UceaB4D0jpo

Ā 

Ā 

End Racism Now

@Craig BarnesĀ tbh alot of people back in the day llike in 2000s complained that music then sucked compared to the 90s and prolly every decade they prolly did the same

I'm A Mess

SlaeUrAnus

Yaaas, RAWM getting that promo!Ā 

OT: I agree. The quality in Pop music has decreased massively.Ā 

In my messy era.

1 minute ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

not if u think outside the box and search indie pop artists that interest u

I'm A Mess

xoxo Craig
3 minutes ago, SlaeUrAnus said:

Carly did THATĀ :giveup:

End Racism Now

Killa

Admin has completely lost it.

Poor thing when gaga shows him the true bops.. smh

Pray for haĀ 

FfFfFfFF
41 minutes ago, Craig Barnes said:

I agree but they aren't hollow.Ā 

Examples of hollow songs imo:

Ā 

https://youtu.be/UceaB4D0jpo

Ā 

Ā 

I actually think The Light Is Coming is impressive and pretty experimental for Ariana's standards (from the weird ambiguous lyrics to production) butĀ I agree on Bed And The Middle.

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I actually think The Light Is Coming is impressive and pretty experimental for Ariana's standards (from the weird ambiguous lyrics to production) butĀ I agree on Bed And The Middle.

But there's nothing to TLIC... if she was going to go experimental she could have at least made a good song. For example, Bloody Mary is experimental but it's an amazing piece of music. It's well constructed and there's a lot that goes into the song both production wise and lyrically. I think TLIC is both lyrically and vocally weak and the production is very bad..Ā  its literally a drum loop and a few synths.Ā 

End Racism Now

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Craig Barnes said:

But there's nothing to TLIC... if she was going to go experimental she could have at least made a good song. For example, Bloody Mary is experimental but it's an amazing piece of music. It's well constructed and there's a lot that goes into the song both production wise and lyrically. I think TLIC is both lyrically and vocally weak and the production is very bad..Ā  its literally a drum loop and a few synths.Ā 

A lot of it narrows to personal taste but I actually think The Light Is Coming isĀ actually think it works as a song and critics are with me on this.Ā It's super catchy, the ''acvatic'' synths are interesting, even Nicki sounds good there. The vocal sample may be annoying but is unnoticeable after a few listens.Ā Lyrically is intriguingĀ and unlike many other songs on the radio it catchesĀ your attention and makesĀ you think.

kvnrp

hun pop music fell off the cliff when crappy EDM took over in late 2012.

Only the stuff that was already in the pipeline (ARTPOP, PRISM, etc) extended "good pop" to last another year or two.

But now it is pretty much helpless :saladga:

I was honestly a bit shook when a could-be summer song in Germany had bits of choreography in the video.

This one:

Ā 

It's cute, and could it mean that choreo is coming back?

Archived