question

Is Ariana the new Gaga?

FrankGutz

Featured Posts

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

how is that a mistake? those are blurry screencaps lmao

it's literally a MAN :rip:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reality
1 minute ago, FrankGutz said:

Someting she hasnt shown since C2C, her jazz album was more ambitious, bold and brave move, not Joanne

Just because she isn't wearing a different colored wig every day or wearing a meat dress doesn't mean that she isn't ambitious and creative. Joanne was a different era, that's all it was. It didn't need the glitz and glam, that would fundamentally go against what the era was trying to accomplish in the first place.

🃏🖤👹

FrankGutz
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

What is wrong with it? What did you want from it....

Watch Crystallise by Sophie Bextor, Malibu by Maly, even the Joanne video is better, MR was sooooo boring and bland, u dont need to be excesive but also u can deliver stunning visuals with a ballad, i also remember someone posted how a scene was repeated in the video :rip:

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

ryanripley
1 minute ago, FrankGutz said:

it's literally a MAN :rip:

no it's not lmao, it cus of how fast she's moving + the lighting and the fact it's a lowres screenshot

it happens all the time, a big example being poot: :poot: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

ryanripley
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

What is wrong with it? What did you want from it....

rs_1024x759-161120200549-1024.Lady-Gaga-AMAs.2.ms.112016.jpg?fit=inside%7C900:auto&output-quality=90

lady_gaga_x_factor_uk.jpg

GettyImages-911511676-1517187199-640x427.jpg

here's 3 concepts off the top of my head that could have come together to create a stunning video for a beautiful song

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

FrankGutz
2 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8059269

we been knew that tho :air:  i was even banned for shading Joanne back then :air:  even u and i once had some lil fight for the same, let's not act like that $fiwt fan that is obssesed with me showed something new :ladyhaha:

no it's not lmao, it cus of how fast she's moving + the lighting and the fact it's a lowres screenshot

it happens all the time, a big example being poot: :poot: 

If you said so...  still PI was the only "good" video even tho some ppl cant watch it, MR was a mess, JW was cute for awhile but meh, and Joanne deserved better

rs_1024x759-161120200549-1024.Lady-Gaga-AMAs.2.ms.112016.jpg?fit=inside%7C900:auto&output-quality=90

lady_gaga_x_factor_uk.jpg

GettyImages-911511676-1517187199-640x427.jpg

here's 3 concepts off the top of my head that could have come together to create a stunning video for a beautiful song

slay me daddy :flutter: i was expecting something like that too :party:

FrankGutz
9 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Just because she isn't wearing a different colored wig every day or wearing a meat dress doesn't mean that she isn't ambitious and creative. Joanne was a different era, that's all it was. It didn't need the glitz and glam, that would fundamentally go against what the era was trying to accomplish in the first place.

Not even asking that tho... i remember just to give one example, Sophie Bextor's Cristallyse music video, it was for a ballad, it was stunning, delivered visuals and doesnt look cheap or uninspired and yet, she doesnt have the budget for someone like Lady Gaga

GypsyBabe

I stopped reading when you called Joanne pandering. If anything it was a daring direction for her to take, especially considering how a large portion of her fanbase may not enjoy it sonically at all. 

But I am also biased to the topic because I think Ariana is not even remotely on the same level as an artist like Gaga. :lolly:

⚯͛

MaryJaneHolland

Ariana is the most interesting pop girl from the past few years, but that hardly makes you the new Gaga. Their crafts are in totally different lanes.

MaryJaneHolland
Just now, KING said:

ibHSUrfoRGGIobr-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15122

I got a heart attack, I thougt Haroon whooped my ass yet again :air: 

GypsyBabe
6 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I got a heart attack, I thougt Haroon whooped my ass yet again :air: 

Everyones heart stops for a second when that red thing pops up :ladyhaha:

⚯͛

Reality
13 minutes ago, FrankGutz said:

Not even asking that tho... i remember just to give one example, Sophie Bextor's Cristallyse music video, it was for a ballad, it was stunning, delivered visuals and doesnt look cheap or uninspired and yet, she doesnt have the budget for someone like Lady Gaga

If we're just talking about music videos, sure there are definitely things she could have done differently that probably would have been better. Even then, and I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but I don't find the MR video all that bad.

However, you can't just look at three music videos to judge this era's body of work. She had some amazing visuals for performances and her outfits were consistent and they stayed true to the theme of Joanne. I feel like people want to bash Joanne because they're constantly comparing it to her previous eras. Gaga stated in an interview during the Joanne era that people need to stop comparing the eras and look at them as distinct and individual. This era accomplished a lot, and the visuals of it helped to do so.

🃏🖤👹

I... this thread :saladga:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

Archived