šŸ’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA šŸ’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

James Gunn FIRED By Disney Marvel

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD
20 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Wait, Steven Spielberg is involved in the DCEU? That's awesome news.

Which movie though?

Blackhawk. EverĀ heard of it? :poot:

Ā 

(ļ¾‰ā—•ćƒ®ā—•)ļ¾‰āœ§*:ļ½„ļ¾Ÿ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ā“č‰øļ½€*) ā™”ā™”ā™”

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

Blackhawk. EverĀ heard of it? :poot:

Ā 

No but I'm sure Spielberg will do well like he always does.

nikola

At first, I was like they didn't have to do that because of jokes that he made 10 years ago..... but after seeing what he wrote I agree with them... those were not jokes... it's really disgusting... No one can joke about raping children... So I stand with Disney especially because Disney is children based company

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Rudz Xinc

HowĀ do you guys defend this?

How do you know they were just jokes and he's not doing anything bad to any kids before.

Nobody jokes those kind of things in more than 10.000 tweets.

Look at those clowns

Reality
5 hours ago, Unites said:

If Disney is a family friendly brand, they would have checked his social media before they even hired him.

Thatā€™s true, but what are you going to do now? They canā€™t go back in the past. Considering the circumstances they did the best thing they could do.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Reality
5 hours ago, Mythos said:

This was necessary, Disney acted fast? What? You guys realize he wrote those bad jokes 9 years ago? He was already dragged for it 2012 and apologized for it?Ā 

This whole mess came just because he said something against Trump and the alt-right guyĀ Cernovich dig up this old tweets, and Disney gave in to the alt-right pressure.Ā 

Good job which hunters...

What this situation also says. If you did something bad in the past, it will always held against you, so it doesn't matter if you changed or not, and you don't even try to change, cause it's apparently not worth it?

People need to learn that there are consequences to their actions. We always tell children, ā€œbe careful what you post online because it may come back to you/itā€™s on the internet forever,ā€ so whatā€™s the difference now? You can say what you want, but if you donā€™t think that there arenā€™t going to be consequences to what you say, thatā€™s on you. Social media is a dangerous place and I understand that sometimes people can overreact to certain things, but these jokes arenā€™t even funny. Theyā€™re just creepy and gross.

This does stem from something political because a member of the alt-right did point it out, but that doesnā€™t change what Gunn said. A member of the left could have easily found these just as disgusting.

People change and people evolve, yes, but literally 10,000 of his tweets were deleted. It was also found out that he was associated with someone who was investigated for child ****ography. If they decide to further investigate Gunn, he may end up facing a legal battle.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

ryanripley

if people are getting fired for things they said years ago then i'm f*cking screwed

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Not The Real Gaga
14 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Thatā€™s true, but what are you going to do now? They canā€™t go back in the past. Considering the circumstances they did the best thing they could do.

No, we all have our flaws. He is definitely changed over the years. I adore him a lot, I'm a big fan of his work and I respect him a lot as a filmmaker. They shouldn't have fired him immediately. Disney should have given him the change to explain the situation beforehand, also because they hired him in the first place.

Don't you think we live in a weird society nowadays? I've said some stupid things in the past, made some stupid jokes. Should I be afraid every singleĀ day of my life that someone is digging everything up of my past? That I can lose my job? Career?Ā 

That'sĀ ridiculous.

Ā 

Not The Real Gaga
8 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

if people are getting fired for things they said years ago then i'm f*cking screwed

Ya, me2.

80% of GGD will be homeless if their employers gonna check this cult siteĀ :selena:

Ā 

Reality
1 minute ago, Unites said:

No, we all have our flaws. He is definitely changed over the years. I adore him a lot, I'm a big fan of his work and I respect him a lot as a filmmaker. They shouldn't have fired him immediately. Disney should have given him the change to explain the situation beforehand, also because they hired him in the first place.

Don't you think we live in a weird society nowadays? I've said some stupid things in the past, made some stupid jokes. Should I be afraid every singleĀ day of my life that someone is digging everything up of my past? That I can lose my job? Career?Ā 

That'sĀ ridiculous.

Ā 

Look, I'm someone who personally doesn't agree with crucifying someone because of their past, but like I said, considering the circumstances of all of this, thereĀ was no other way things could have gone down. Once again, Disney is a family-friendly company, and sure, they should have done their research beforehand, but do you realize how awful it would look on their part if they kept him?

Not only that, but like I've said numerous times in this thread,Ā 10,000Ā of his tweets were deleted. Sure, we have all said dumb stuff in the past, but come on, are you really going to sit there and defend the fact that he's done this 10,000 times? That'sĀ ridiculous. It's also learned that he's been associated with someone that has been investigated for child ****ography. If they continue to investigate Gunn, he may be facing legal issues.Ā 

And once again, people need to learn that their words/actions have consequences. I'll be honest, I've said some stupid **** back then but I haveĀ neverĀ posted anything that I would immediately regret. We tell our kids all the time to "be careful what you post on the internet, it'll stay there forever," this is no different. Well, I suppose the only difference is that he's an adult and that he should have known better.

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

Mythos
45 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

People need to learn that there are consequences to their actions. We always tell children, ā€œbe careful what you post online because it may come back to you/itā€™s on the internet forever,ā€ so whatā€™s the difference now? You can say what you want, but if you donā€™t think that there arenā€™t going to be consequences to what you say, thatā€™s on you. Social media is a dangerous place and I understand that sometimes people can overreact to certain things, but these jokes arenā€™t even funny. Theyā€™re just creepy and gross.

This does stem from something political because a member of the alt-right did point it out, but that doesnā€™t change what Gunn said. A member of the left could have easily found these just as disgusting.

People change and people evolve, yes, but literally 10,000 of his tweets were deleted. It was also found out that he was associated with someone who was investigated for child ****ography. If they decide to further investigate Gunn, he may end up facing a legal battle.Ā 

Like i said, this is nothing new, and he had already to deal with the consequences, but if we start to punish people for saying stupid things a decade ago, where are we going to stop? Non of us Ā are the person we were 10 years ago, so it's not fair to punish our present now for something another version of us, that probably may not even exist in our present us, did at that time.Ā 

And please don't let pretend like Disney didn't know about this, like they don't do a background check, they just didn't care at all, but are now because it's pointed out and we are in the WitchHunt-Era, that's all. And let's not forget, that Disney still works with people like Johnny Depp, wife-abuser, thinking about bringing sexual abuserĀ John Lasseter back etc.Ā 

And yes, the left may also found his tweets (didn't they already 2012? Not sure), but still, this guy has won

https://i.imgur.com/1ziSt44.jpg

Ā 

edit:

What i personally don't like, or rather hate about this age is that there is no talking, there is immediately a punishment!Ā Are we back in the middle ages?Ā 

Reality
6 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Like i said, this is nothing new, and he had already to deal with the consequences, but if we start to punish people for saying stupid things a decade ago, where are we going to stop? Non of us Ā are the person we were 10 years ago, so it's not fair to punish our present now for something another version of us, that probably may not even exist in our present us, did at that time.Ā 

And please don't let pretend like Disney didn't know about this, like they don't do a background check, they just didn't care at all, but are now because it's pointed out and we are in the WitchHunt-Era, that's all. And let's not forget, that Disney still works with people like Johnny Depp, wife-abuser, thinking about bringing sexual abuserĀ John Lasseter back etc.Ā 

And yes, the left may also found his tweets (didn't they already 2012? Not sure), but still, this guy has won

https://i.imgur.com/1ziSt44.jpg

Ā 

edit:

What i personally don't like, or rather hate about this age is that there is no talking, there is immediately a punishment!Ā Are we back in the middle ages?

Ā 

Like I said before, I personally don't agree with writing off people because of their past; however, this is a different case. Like I said again, yes, it's true that we've all done and said stupid ****, but when it'sĀ 10,000Ā tweets, that's indefensible. I don't know about you, but I've said dumb **** probably a handful of times and regretted the situation, but to do this 10,000 times, I can't find an excuse for that.

I will say that it is hypocritical of Disney to still be working with problematic people, but this doesn't change what Gunn said. In my opinion, they shouldn't bring Lasseter back whatsoever and should probably be cautious of Depp as well.Ā 

But once again, Gunn's now been associated with someone who was investigated for child ****ography, so he could be dealing with more than just getting fired.Ā 

In terms of the whole "are we back in the middle ages?" thing, I think it depends on the situation. I don't think you can just paint a whole situation one color when the circumstances for each situation is inherently different. I think a case like Henry Cavill's recent #MeToo case was blown out of proportion and warranted a discussion, but I don't think this needs any further discussing. What he said was wrong and he should have known better x 10,000

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

sarahb
4 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

Like I said before, I personally don't agree with writing off people because of their past; however, this is a different case. Like I said again, yes, it's true that we've all done and said stupid ****, but when it'sĀ 10,000Ā tweets,

I doubt it was literally 10,000 tweets about that stuff that needed to be deleted, but it was easier to just delete everything from a certain time period.Ā 

Reality
4 minutes ago, sarahb said:

I doubt it was literally 10,000 tweets about that stuff that needed to be deleted, but it was easier to just delete everything from a certain time period.Ā 

That's what I've heard. I haven't gone through his Twitter or anything, but that's what's being reported.Ā 

šŸƒšŸ–¤šŸ‘¹

sarahb
Just now, M Monstre said:

That's what I've heard. I haven't gone through his Twitter or anything, but that's what's being reported.Ā 

Oh 10,000 tweets really wereĀ deleted, but a lot of those were probably harmless. It's likely that 10,000 were removed because it was easier to just remove a huge block of tweets than go through and delete every single controversial one.

Archived