Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

James Gunn FIRED By Disney Marvel

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

The move comes after conservative personalities resurfaced old tweets Thursday in which the filmmaker joked about controversial topics such as pedophilia and rape. Gunn has been an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump. 

The offensive tweets came to light after conservative website The Daily Caller dug up the social media posts, which were mostly posted in 2008 and 2009. Soon after, conservative personalities were tweeting to followers to confront Gunn at Comic-Con. Gunn had been expected to be at Sony's presentation on Friday. Insiders say Gunn is not expected to be part of the panel now.

Gunn has been writing the script for Guardians 3, and the movie was expected to begin shooting in Atlanta in the fall for an expected 2020 release date, though Marvel Studios had never officially announced the date. The Guardians movies have been a massive success for Disney and Marvel. The first movie made more than $773 million worldwide while the second made $863 million. The films stood out from other Marvel movies as they were infused with Gunn's off-kilter filmmaking sensibilities that owed more to indie genre movies than slicker cookie cutter studio fare. Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige had previously indicated that Gunn would continue to work with Marvel after Guardians 3, helping shepherd the cosmic side of the studio's universe.

source: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/james-gunn-exits-guardians-galaxy-vol-3-1128786

Like, whoa! This is so unpredictable and shocking! Very admirable for Disney who just fired him right away, quickly, (just like they did to Rosanne Barr), since the receipts were there, and not even giving him the chance to bow out. Especially considering Disney are first and foremost marketed to family. :applause:

But who will be the new captain for Guardians 3 now? Hope whoever it is, will able to continue what was left. Feige is still there, the actual commander of the ship, so I am sure it will be alright for the MCU still!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SissyFromSpace

What were the tweets

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

RAMROD
8 minutes ago, Lance said:

What were the tweets

DiiVF4kXUAAJLWr.jpg

Reality

I've heard that like a total of 10,000 tweets were deleted from his Twitter, so this isn't like it was one disgusting joke, he did this multiple times unapologetically. 

Disney/Marvel did the right thing by firing him almost immediately. 

🃏🖤👹

RAMROD
4 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I’m glad they did it but pretty sad tbh cos he was an awesome director for Guardians :duck:

Ya, very unfortunate 

Just now, M Monstre said:

I've heard that like a total of 10,000 tweets were deleted from his Twitter, so this isn't like it was one disgusting joke, he did this multiple times unapologetically. 

Disney/Marvel did the right thing by firing him almost immediately. 

I heard so too, many are not screen capped yet sadly. Yes, they really quick at this, very good indeed.

Reality
16 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

I’m glad they did it but pretty sad tbh cos he was an awesome director for Guardians :duck:

I've already heard a lot of people advocate for Taika Waititi (the guy who directed Thor: Ragnarok) to replace him, and honestly, that makes the most sense.

🃏🖤👹

Rudz Xinc

Wow. That guy's creepy.

Not sure how many kids had he molested or raped.

Look at those clowns

RAMROD
Just now, M Monstre said:

I've already heard a lot of people advocate for Taika Waititi (the guy who directed Thor: Ragnarok) to replace him, and honestly, that makes the most sense.

Yea, he did Thor justice with the new direction. So I am not oppose to this idea tbh

River

wow they like fired him during the SDCC :diane:

Bravo Disney, they give the perfect example of how things needs to work.

but..... it's better to do some background check next time, because actually, the Guardians movies are his babies and will always be and idk how the 3rd is going to be.. it may take a totally different direction and the actual story and future that Gunn wanted to tell.. so I'm honestly also pissed by this.. it's just annoying that suddenly we discover how shitty person he is after he built a big story..

(I didn't like the direction of the last Thor, one of the weakest MCU movies)

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

StarstruckIllusion

Firing people for things they tweeted before 2015 is such a dumb concept. Literally everyone was complicit with those jokes back then. Now we’re not, but that doesnt mean we have to go back and fire them. And now that person definitely wouldn’t make that joke now, so no, it’s definitely not similar to Rosannne at all. 

Its like no one is allowed to evolve and change as a person anymore yikes :ladyhaha:

At least conservatives can’t drag the left anymore without being hypocritical :trollga:

SissyFromSpace
5 minutes ago, Wigless said:

At least conservatives can’t drag the left anymore without being hypocritical :trollga:

Ikr I thought he right were obsessed with free speech 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

StarstruckIllusion
3 minutes ago, Lance said:

Ikr I thought he right were obsessed with free speech 

only when you dont attack their king, I guess :oops: 

RAMROD
10 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Firing people for things they tweeted before 2015 is such a dumb concept. Literally everyone was complicit with those jokes back then. Now we’re not, but that doesnt mean we have to go back and fire them. And now that person definitely wouldn’t make that joke now, so no, it’s definitely not similar to Rosannne at all. 

Its like no one is allowed to evolve and change as a person anymore yikes :ladyhaha:

sksksk that is how this modern society going forward, I guess.  :giveup:

Judas Society
59 minutes ago, Blue Madonna said:

Yea, I'm worried. GOTG was a breath of fresh air for the MCU when it came out. Full of 80s pop culture references, something that the audience can relate to instead of just another comic book movie. The other director who could infuse 80s pop culture references into a movie is Steven Spielberg as evident in Ready Player One, but he may be directing a DCEU movie so kinda makes it seem impossible.

Archived