Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

James Gunn FIRED By Disney Marvel

RAMROD

Featured Posts

HitTheBoat

Disney did the right thing. They were fast and stood by their company values.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not The Real Gaga

This wasn't necessary. I mean, they could have known this when they hired him in the first place. They are a big company, the should do their research beforehand.

Reality
42 minutes ago, Wigless said:

Firing people for things they tweeted before 2015 is such a dumb concept. Literally everyone was complicit with those jokes back then. Now we’re not, but that doesnt mean we have to go back and fire them. And now that person definitely wouldn’t make that joke now, so no, it’s definitely not similar to Rosannne at all. 

Its like no one is allowed to evolve and change as a person anymore yikes :ladyhaha:

At least conservatives can’t drag the left anymore without being hypocritical :trollga:

About 10,000 of his tweets were deleted after this whole scandal. Perhaps it would have been a different story if it was just one tweet, but he has done this multiple times unapologetically. These tweets are about pedophilia and rape, how can you defend that? It’s also been found out that he’s associated with someone who was investigated for child ****ography.

People grow and change, but 10,000 tweets isn’t that. Also, Disney is a family friendly brand, they sure as hell wouldn’t have kept him.

đŸƒđŸ–€đŸ‘č

StarstruckIllusion
41 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

sksksk that is how this modern society going forward, I guess.  :giveup:

no, this is a bad thing, bc we ALL said some MESSY **** before 2015, so were all screwed. the best thing to do is to learn and never do it again. that’s better than an apology of any kind: action.

Mythos

This was necessary, Disney acted fast? What? You guys realize he wrote those bad jokes 9 years ago? He was already dragged for it 2012 and apologized for it? 

This whole mess came just because he said something against Trump and the alt-right guy Cernovich dig up this old tweets, and Disney gave in to the alt-right pressure. 

Good job which hunters...

What this situation also says. If you did something bad in the past, it will always held against you, so it doesn't matter if you changed or not, and you don't even try to change, cause it's apparently not worth it?

Not The Real Gaga
42 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

About 10,000 of his tweets were deleted after this whole scandal. Perhaps it would have been a different story if it was just one tweet, but he has done this multiple times unapologetically. These tweets are about pedophilia and rape, how can you defend that? It’s also been found out that he’s associated with someone who was investigated for child ****ography.

People grow and change, but 10,000 tweets isn’t that. Also, Disney is a family friendly brand, they sure as hell wouldn’t have kept him.

If Disney is a family friendly brand, they would have checked his social media before they even hired him.

A Hybrid
15 minutes ago, Unites said:

If Disney is a family friendly brand, they would have checked his social media before they even hired him.

This

No family’s safe when I sashay

Earthling

This is actually so sad tbh

I would understand if he had actual allegations of crimes against him but all he did was make some dumb distasteful jokes 10 years ago

Most of them aren't even that bad, they just sound weird out of context 

Comedians say **** like this all the time in their stand up shows and they don't get fired but Gunn a comedic director does? Even though he apologised and says he's a completely different person now?

Tbh Disney should just secretly hire him back as a ghost director

*she switched baristas. ☕

RAMROD
Just now, Earthling said:

Tbh Disney should just secretly hire him back as a ghost director

They may do that back in the day, but society are so stringent this day and people love to cancel anyone or anything so Disney may trace their steps carefully cos of that :oprah:

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

RAMROD
1 hour ago, Wigless said:

no, this is a bad thing, bc we ALL said some MESSY **** before 2015, so were all screwed. the best thing to do is to learn and never do it again. that’s better than an apology of any kind: action.

This kind of thing happening in society will blow over one day, it will be grand, I suppose.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

It is an unfortunate thing really, for someone to be fired over a joke. Although, it is quite enjoyable to see Hollywood eat itself up to maintain its holier than thou standard: it's almost like watching the joker teasing batman who can't break his one rule. Hopefully Disney is able to realise its error and not judge people by their words.

DelusionalGaga

I'm against digging up decades old tweets but his "jokes" are too much. Who tf jokes about molesting children? And not just once, he has tones of those. Seems like he has some sort of creepy fixation. :oprah:

Earthling
9 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

They may do that back in the day, but society are so stringent this day and people love to cancel anyone or anything so Disney may trace their steps carefully cos of that :oprah:

Yeah I know, I'm just annoyed. The only reason this happened was because he was calling out Trump. The alt-righters are getting exactly what they want.

*she switched baristas. ☕

Bradley
3 hours ago, Judas Society said:

Yea, I'm worried. GOTG was a breath of fresh air for the MCU when it came out. Full of 80s pop culture references, something that the audience can relate to instead of just another comic book movie. The other director who could infuse 80s pop culture references into a movie is Steven Spielberg as evident in Ready Player One, but he may be directing a DCEU movie so kinda makes it seem impossible.

Wait, Steven Spielberg is involved in the DCEU? That's awesome news.

Which movie though?

Bradley

I was ready to say that it isn't fair to blame someone for something they did a decade ago, considering people change and evolve and learn from their mistakes. I think it's important for society to progress in the direction of forgiveness and repentance, if we continue to blame someone for an eternity for something they did, we are essentially killing this one man's life. Do we really want to live in a world where one mistake defines you forever and nothing you ever do, not even apologies or change will release you from your conviction?

However, Disney isn't a person. Disney is a huge company and the reaction of the public is something outside their control. A huge part of the audience would probably boycott Guardians of the Galaxy or even other MCU films if they read those obscene tweets made by Gunn. Therefore I understand the company's decision to fire him.

Archived