šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

NY Post: Everything Britney did, Taylor does better

Clever Username

Featured Posts

Thomas P

I would just like to put out there, that I have listened to all of Britneyā€™s albums, and Iā€™m 17. I only have 1 friend who knows more than 5 Britney songs and thatā€™s cause of her older sister being 30. Almost every kid at my school knows more Madonna music than Britney music, and most of them donā€™t even know that the songs by her they do know are by Brit.Ā 

For people who grew up with Britney, I would just like to let you know that myself and almost everyone at my school grew up with Taylor. I donā€™t know anyone who doesnā€™t own a copy of Fearless, and we all know most of her discography. You canā€™t write Taylor off by saying sheā€™s not iconic when she is, just not for you. You had Britney as your iconic singer, and we have Taylor (of course Gaga too, but Taylor managed to stay more relevant for longer, whereas Iā€™m the only person I know whoā€™s listened to ARTPOP or Joanne).Ā 

Iā€™m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Queen Bitch
8 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I would just like to put out there, that I have listened to all of Britneyā€™s albums, and Iā€™m 17. I only have 1 friend who knows more than 5 Britney songs and thatā€™s cause of her older sister being 30. Almost every kid at my school knows more Madonna music than Britney music, and most of them donā€™t even know that the songs by her they do know are by Brit.Ā 

For people who grew up with Britney, I would just like to let you know that myself and almost everyone at my school grew up with Taylor. I donā€™t know anyone who doesnā€™t own a copy of Fearless, and we all know most of her discography. You canā€™t write Taylor off by saying sheā€™s not iconic when she is, just not for you. You had Britney as your iconic singer, and we have Taylor (of course Gaga too, but Taylor managed to stay more relevant for longer, whereas Iā€™m the only person I know whoā€™s listened to ARTPOP or Joanne).Ā 

To me it's opposite. I'm 18 and everybody at my school knows and most lovesĀ Britney. NO ONEĀ i know cares about Taylor. That's not shade btw. Your right not everyone has the same icons. But some people are objectively bigger icons than others

Thomas P
4 minutes ago, August3 said:

To me it's opposite. I'm 18 and everybody at my school knows and most lovesĀ Britney. NO ONEĀ i know cares about Taylor. That's not shade btw. Your right not everyone has the same icons. But some people are objectively bigger icons than others

I just always find it weird that all my friends go on and on about how much they hate Taylor yet most of them have purchased and listened to Reputation.

Are youĀ by any chance from Europe? Cause that makes a huge difference. Taylor is clearly extremely local in the states and Canada (thatā€™s why Fearless has sold near 10m copies, and 9m of them are from the states) , so me being Canadian makes a huge difference.Ā Ā 

Queen Bitch
4 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

I just always find it weird that all my friends go on and on about how much they hate Taylor yet most of them have purchased and listened to Reputation.

Are youĀ by any chance from Europe? Cause that makes a huge difference. Taylor is clearly extremely local in the states and Canada (thatā€™s why Fearless has sold near 10m copies, and 9m of them are from the states) , so me being Canadian makes a huge difference.Ā Ā 

Yeah I'm from Europe. Didn't think she was a local act, but it actually makes sense. The Reputation tour isn't coming to my country and from what i've seen the dates are mostly in the states

thickandpetite

Can we just not compare women?Ā :madge:

Queen Bitch
Just now, thickandpetite said:

Can we just not compare women?Ā :madge:

Can we just not compare anyone?Ā :ohwell:

Florian
1 hour ago, Thomas P said:

It's not about your experience VS someone's else experience but about impact in pop culture. This frame is the same for everyone.

Obviously Taylor isn't a nobody but neither is Britney. And you cannot say that Taylor had a bigger impact than Britney.

Thomas P
3 hours ago, Florian said:

. Andļ»æ you cannot say that Taylor had a biggļ»æerļ»æ impact than Britney.

I didnā€™t mean it like that. Obviously in pop culture Britney has had a much broader impact. Iā€™m just saying that for a lot of people my age, Taylorā€™s impact was much much larger and more noticeable for us.Ā 

Archived