đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Beyonce album coming on Netflix

ShockPop

Featured Posts

xoxo Craig
4 hours ago, NightOwner said:

How does one escape from her and her family? I'm sorry, I'M SICK of having to see them everywhere.

Took the words out of my mouth

End Racism Now

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
xoxo Craig
5 hours ago, yungpancake said:

Ugh im so bored by her. She literally does the same thing over and over again. I didn’t even bother listening to that album with Jay-Z.

This tea!

3 hours ago, ryanripley said:

beyonce and lemonade are very different lmao

Yes ones a popstar and the other is a popular soft drink :trollga:

End Racism Now

StrawberryBlond
17 hours ago, Loud said:

"Now, that's what this kid is going to tell his friends and they're going to laugh because they might be more informed."

They will laugh because they have another interpretation of a naked person, which probably came from other friends or other source. They're contextualized as well. Now, when you say that "There's no harm in deciding what a piece of art means for yourself but if you try to tell other people your interpretation, they might laugh at you because you clearly aren't educated enough on the art to know the real intentions." you are describing an asshole person. If somebody truly understands the goal of art they will NOT laugh at your interpretation, they will see it as a proof that that is good art. Only a person who believes they are above you will laugh at you, and that is an asshole. They don't understand art as much as they think they do, because not being open to another meanings is certainly the worst thing you can do when admiring art.

"I'd assume that painting was one of many depictions of The Good Samaritan, though I don't know who painted it or why. But with an understanding of religion (I have a degree in that, by the way) as well as seeing various depictions of this scene in my lifetime, that's my educated understanding of it. It takes a certain amount of world knowledge to know that you're looking at a painting with a certain theme to it and what the general sense of it is."

That's exaclty what I said. You're defending your point of view by finding the meaning by which the artist painted the painting, and that is not how you should do it. The artist may have painted it thinking about the things you said, yes, but that doesn't mean it is the only possible meaning of the artwork. Tomorrow we could start WWIII and this painting could be remembered from that point on as a representation of the conflict, even if it was painted hundred of years before it. Because art doesn't have a meaning, it only has the meaning you give it.

You saying that you have a degree on that was not necessary btw. I don't think any better of you or your view on art just because you have a degree on religion. Having a degree is not a proof you know how to correctly interpret art.

"I didn't ignore your remark, I incorporated it into my final sentence: "The why behind the image isn't what I'm questioning, I'm just saying what the overall meaning behind the image is and the obvious nature of it, that's all." And you brought up what an piece of art makes you feel personally, which is also something that I'm not arguing because I know that's definitely subjective. I'm just talking about the obvious meanings when you look at certain depictions. What you take away from that meaning is up to you."

Obvious meanings? there are no obvious meanings. If you were an alien that had no idea what human reproduction organs look like, would you find the image of the woman sucking the dildo to be a sexual one? no, it would actually be very confusing. And don't say I'm exaggerating, because this is exactly what I mean when I'm talking about context. Context can be a bitch when interpreting art, and it totally spoils the fun and personal attachment we may have to the work if it wasn't present. Now, some context is always present that's true, but you can't go around life saying that "this means that", because you provided an innecesary context that a person who wanted to truly appreciate art may have wanted to avoid.

I really don't want to argue with you anymore, so let's just say we agree to disagree and leave it at that. I don't think you're wrong and I'm right, just that we have different ways of looking at things. And I'm not leaving because I feel I'm losing, just that there's nothing more to be said, we're arguing in circles and I don't want to continue tension. I'm past the point of this kind of back and forth on here over days. Rest assured that I'm not an art snob, I just think context and a bit of knowledge beforehand can be necessary a lot of the time to stand the best chance of making an understanding of an artist's intention. Nothing to get too worked up about.

16 hours ago, KingRedd said:

Just stop lol it’s getting to be too much.

It's not like I asked for the argument. I want it stopped just as much as you do.

14 hours ago, Thomas P said:

Really?

Normally I can ignore you cause I’ve grown to learn that you don’t like Beyoncé and like to use these profound paragraphs to explain why. Whatever, that’s your opinion. But don’t act like them embracing being black, and shining light on black art in a white museam is pretentious. It speaks badly on you. All they’re doing is showing the beauty of black people in a place renowned for holding beautiful things. If there’s something wrong about that then I guess we do live in a world where Donald Trump was voted president...

I don't necessarily think the things I say are profound, they're just my opinions, same as yours. I have no problem with them embracing their culture, it's just the way they go about it that gets to me. To put it in the cultures own words, the notion of "black excellence" is very problematic to me. I wouldn't condone that for my race, not for any race. Anything that has any sort of racial supremacy slant just doesn't do it for me. And unfortunately, there has been an abundance of videos from black artists with this concept in it recently and it leaves a really bad taste in the mouth. Contrary to what some of them might think, most white people do not flaunt their culture as a means of saying "we're the best, everything else is inferior," we're just enjoying our culture the same way they're enjoying theirs. But apparently, it's problematic when we do it, it's a show of white supremacy. But when black people do it, it's beautiful, it's self-love, it's important, it's profound. To my mind, all races and cultures are made equal, no one should be shoving their culture in other people's faces but just enjoying whatever they want without a need to overstate it or make out that it's better than other people's. I find that behaviour arrogant and obnoxious no matter which race is practising it.

And I'm a liberal who doesn't even support Trump, so...

Borislshere
35 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

But apparently, it's problematic when we do it, it's a show of white supremacy. But when black people do it, it's beautiful, it's self-love, it's important, it's profound

:triggered:

Black excellence is not the same as saying black supremacy. Black excellence is about embracing your blackness. The features you’re usually mocked for, supporting each other in the black community, and overall celebrating black culture. Things that are usually mocked and made fun of by white people. Whereas white supremacy is saying white people are better than all other races and deserved to be treated as such.

I’m probably wasting my time even writing this to you knowing your previous posts when it comes to black people. :saladga:

StrawberryBlond
4 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

:triggered:

Black excellence is not the same as saying black supremacy. Black excellence is about embracing your blackness. The features you’re usually mocked for, supporting each other in the black community, and overall celebrating black culture. Things that are usually mocked and made fun of by white people. Whereas white supremacy is saying white people are better than all other races and deserved to be treated as such.

I’m probably wasting my time even writing this to you knowing your previous posts when it comes to black people. :saladga:

Sure, it may not be the same words, but I can't help but see that this is how many are interpreting it. I have seen one too many supporters of the black excellence concept that are undeniably racist towards white people, they call their culture lame and boring, say they look the same and are ugly, call them dumb and uneducated (and then later contradict themselves by saying whites taking up all the college places and are educated because they had the money to get an education). You don't have to bring another race down to boost yours up. Be respectful to all. I just find the idea of "embracing your blackness" to be a very cringey concept. I don't think there's anything shameful in being white but I would never encourage someone to "embrace your whiteness." It seems to be just white people who find this concept eyebrow-raising and weird. Perhaps because most of us believe that feeling proud to be your race is a bit...well...For the record, this assumption that white people are proud to be white is so misinterpreted. Anyone clued up on how we actually operate is that white people focus on nationality, not race. We're all about national identity, the only ones focused on racial identity are the white supremacists and there's not many of them still kicking about. If you're going to critique white people, at least get it right.

Contrary to what you might think, I love black people. I just don't like it when some of them take on an arrogant racial viewpoint and overgeneralise white people and their experiences. I'd never do that to them, so it bugs me.

Borislshere
3 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Sure, it may not be the same words, but I can't help but see that this is how many are interpreting it. I have seen one too many supporters of the black excellence concept that are undeniably racist towards white people, they call their culture lame and boring, say they look the same and are ugly, call them dumb and uneducated (and then later contradict themselves by saying whites taking up all the college places and are educated because they had the money to get an education). You don't have to bring another race down to boost yours up. Be respectful to all. I just find the idea of "embracing your blackness" to be a very cringey concept. I don't think there's anything shameful in being white but I would never encourage someone to "embrace your whiteness." It seems to be just white people who find this concept eyebrow-raising and weird. Perhaps because most of us believe that feeling proud to be your race is a bit...well...For the record, this assumption that white people are proud to be white is so misinterpreted. Anyone clued up on how we actually operate is that white people focus on nationality, not race. We're all about national identity, the only ones focused on racial identity are the white supremacists and there's not many of them still kicking about. If you're going to critique white people, at least get it right.

Contrary to what you might think, I love black people. I just don't like it when some of them take on an arrogant racial viewpoint and overgeneralise white people and their experiences. I'd never do that to them, so it bugs me.

And a good majority of people who preach about black excellence, don’t bring down white people. But I’ll leave it there. There’s literally no changing your mind and you preset notion of black people and how we act and the sh*t most of us have gone through. 

Talking to you about anything black related is completely pointless. 

StrawberryBlond
11 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

And a good majority of people who preach about black excellence, don’t bring down white people. But I’ll leave it there. There’s literally no changing your mind and you preset notion of black people and how we act and the sh*t most of us have gone through. 

Talking to you about anything black related is completely pointless. 

I didn't say they all act the same but that I've seen more of a slide in the other direction. I just don't think a lot of them realises how this sounds to other races. Or care. And notice how it focuses on just one racial minority. There's more to race than just black and white. It's the self-obsession that drives me crazy. Oh, you can change my mind, it just has to make sense and be based in reality. And I've seen too much that goes against what you're saying.

Talking to me about anything black related isn't pointless, you just don't always agree with what I'm saying. Perhaps my research isn't always to your liking but it's hardly pointless. Just because I dare to call out the people who give black people a bad name doesn't mean I hate all black people. I just believe in presenting the reality of race and its people - the good, the bad and everything in between. I also believe talking about anything race related in general with you is pointless because you won't listen to anything white people have to say and race relations should involve listening to everyone to work things out.

19 hours ago, NightOwner said:

How does one escape from her and her family? I'm sorry, I'M SICK of having to see them everywhere.

By avoiding things related to her like a thread that has her name in the title or maybe she has power over you because if you are that sick of her you won’t voluntarily be in a thread about her. 

latina twilight
6 minutes ago, U n I said:

By avoiding things related to her like a thread that has her name in the title or maybe she has power over you because if you are that sick of her you won’t voluntarily be in a thread about her. 

tumblr_nugsry2z4h1r3jqyco4_400.gif

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

20 hours ago, NightOwner said:

OMGG Soooo true, even when I avoid everything related to her I still see it ending up on my social timelines anywhere because everybody treats her like a goddess.

1 hour ago, NightOwner said:

tumblr_nugsry2z4h1r3jqyco4_400.gif

My tone is fine I just said what a reasonable person will say to you. I mean if her family who probably haven’t done anything to you can make you sick then you need to get help.

latina twilight
12 minutes ago, U n I said:

My tone is fine I just said what a reasonable person will say to you. I mean if her family who probably haven’t done anything to you can make you sick then you need to get help.

Sis, calm down, it's not that serious. I used a funny gif to lighten up the conversation but you seem really upset because of my comment.

I don't need help, thank you, and the Carters don't need a person to defend them in a stan forum, they will be fine, I will be fine. Don't worry.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

Haven't read the entire thread yet, but I will say this: Anyone that says anything negative is a Beyonce hater and is jealous!1!1!

I'm looking forward to the visuals. She is the queen of that. I didn't enjoy the actual music on Lemonade that much and the Carter album was awful so I'm not as excited for the music. Hopefully it leans more toward Self Titled which I enjoyed.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:22 PM, highlikegaga said:

those two people fighting above...with longer and longer posts and now there are pictures for references

tumblr_inline_nt780nGAa31ts1va1_500.gif

anyway, we need the audience to buy Bey's album when it comes out

giphy.gif

I actually have to applaud them. They were having a respectable debate and not once did either of them resort to insults or "you're just a jealous hater or stan".

Archived