Featured Posts

Monsterish

Heeere We Go! Another day on GGD, another meltdown :messga:

Hopefully, this is a fake new :huntyga:

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zakariah

Does this mean that none of the songs from the soundtrack will be eligible for Best Original Song oscar next year?

monketsharona
8 minutes ago, Aquarius said:

Does this mean that none of the songs from the soundtrack will be eligible for Best Original Song oscar next year?

Not necesarrily, I guess Warner & Interscope will give some submissions of course.

They could promote the song they picked when Oscars are closer

littlepotter

Your title is wrong. It says there won't be any singles BEFORE the movie. Which is obvious. They may still release a single during the movie release.

chaeri pls

Hurem
4 hours ago, DAMN said:

Who was even expecting singles out of ASIB? It's not a Disney Channel Original Movie ya'll. Theatrically released musicals dont do singles unless it's remixed or something (look at Let it Go by Demi). 

Still, I believe some songs are gonna enter Hot 100. Bookmark me :sis:

4 hours ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

like no offense, but duh. I've been cackling at everyone thinking there would be a single from this. Generally, soundtracks don't get singles (unless its a bunch of random artists who do a song for a movie)...but look at la la land, or greatest showman. they didn't have singles. why would ASIB?

Lol what? Plenty of movies release singles prior to releasing the soundtrack (and the movie), so why would a movie that's about music and has one of the biggest pop stars as the lead female role not release a single? :rip: 

S0436

Maybe they want ASIB to focus on movie prizes rather than Grammys.  

Mamma Mia soundtrack came out this week and probably won’t be number 1, the movie comes out at the end of the week.  Maybe it is better for people to see the movie and then buy the music.

Damon
5 hours ago, TropicOfCANCER said:

like no offense, but duh. I've been cackling at everyone thinking there would be a single from this. Generally, soundtracks don't get singles (unless its a bunch of random artists who do a song for a movie)...but look at la la land, or greatest showman. they didn't have singles. why would ASIB?

the grratest showman did have a single tho :oprah:

i mean, there could be possibly could be a single to promote the movie but it's hard to release one, it would spoil the movie

... and now i just sit in silence.

That J

The Bodyguard had 5 singles. 

Evita had 3. 

Movie soundtracks have singles. 

There will be at least one soundtrack single bookmark me. 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

MaryJaneHolland

I think what he means is the the album will be available digitally in late September and physical copies will hit the shelves on October 5th. Makes sense actually. 

Having no single is actually really possible. Maybe they will push the most popular song in the movie on the radio, but I don't expect any song to get a proper single treatment.

I believe him.

MaryJaneHolland
1 hour ago, hunty said:

It says there won't be any singles BEFORE the movie.

It really doesn't say that default_orangu1.png

DonnieDarko
10 minutes ago, That J said:

Evita had 3. 

Sis, that was when dinosaurs were still alive. It's 2018.

monketsharona
11 minutes ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

I think what he means is the the album will be available digitally in late September and physical copies will hit the shelves on October 5th. Makes sense actually. 

Having no single is actually really possible. Maybe they will push the most popular song in the movie on the radio, but I don't expect any song to get a proper single treatment.

I believe him.

Same here, Interscope didn't release any official singles from La La Land. I doubt they will for ASIB. Though yeah if a song clicks when the movie is out, I would not be surprised if radios play it later. But like you I don't think it'll get single treatment. More like a promo for the movie (that is the focus of course).

If this happen, that definitely leaves the field open for LG6 era to start in the next months honestly. 

BornSimon
12 minutes ago, That J said:

Evita had 3. 

Oh but back then everything was different. I mean, everything was better.

ryanripley
5 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Sis, that was when dinosaurs were still alive. It's 2018.

omg i choked

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bradley
2 hours ago, Aquarius said:

City of Stars from La La Land wasn't a single but it won the Best Original Song Oscar.

Archived