Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shea Coulé drags Born This Way

Babel

Featured Posts

SwissMonster

I am sorry to say this but this is such a great example of the shitty part of our LGBT community. We have so much hate against us, still, in 2018 and yet we have to mess inside the community. I am sorry but this happens to much. I experienced so much hate by other gays. And I am like wtf?! Why do we have to drag each other down. We are already a minority.

Instead of god damn Thank Gaga for the support (whatever the reason is why Gaga did this album) she just throws shade and call it money making, using the community. What the actual fu*k?

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ThisGuyTony

I didn't know who this was until I Googled them.

Idk why we should care about their irrelevant opinion. :emma:

SwissMonster
43 minutes ago, McMonster08 said:

I may not agree with the "selling to marginalized" part though I agree with the album being just so one note, some users here have pointed that before

Yeah, but the main problem is this „selling to marginalized“. I am sorry but she is cancelled with that statement 

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

SpadesToStart

Shea's Gaga look on Drag Race was **** too so I'm sensing a pattern.

But I guess you have a lot to be bitter about when you lose $100k in a minute and thirty seconds :staymad:

StarstruckIllusion

‪Gaga really canceled her image for the gays. Doesn't matter that we didn't ask (we lowkey did), the only way you can come for it as a gay is if you don't like the genre… mess‬

and technically it's only half of the songs that are anthemy. The lack of knowledge JUMPED out. 

Babel

Funny thing is that Shea has performed songs from the so-called "unauthentic" and "cheesy" album Born This Way.

An hypocrite indeed. :vegas:

Ziggy

How in God’s name could that mishmash of sounds be even remotely considered “one-note”? It was ALL OVER YHE BOARD. And I loved it. But admiration aside, that’s a particularly odd attribution for the album.

Also, wtf? Selling to queer people? She’s talking like this was Katy Perry doing Firework (she wasn’t super gay at the time, remember). Gaga had marched, spoken up, met with government officials all on behalf of the queer community AND is a bi woman herself. That’s some ignorant nonsense. Have your critiques about Born This Way, there are plenty of valid ones, but these are totally baseless and mean-spirited. I really don’t get why queer people want to be so cynical about BTW. Accept someone’s altruism for what it is, d*** for brains.

Ashley
9 hours ago, Borislshere said:

anyway, y’all overreact so much. So what she doesn’t like one gaga album? 

It’s not that she didn’t like the album. From the title I expected her to express her distaste for the album/song which I would’ve defended because that’s fair. But I think what has people more annoyed is that she’s accusing Gaga of pandering to the LGBT community for sales, which she never did.

myluis617
3 hours ago, Craig Barnes said:

I thought Marry The Night was about her getting dropped from Def Jam then getting signed to Interscope :confused:

Umm your confusing that with paper gangster. The marry the night video was about her getting dropped from def jam not the song.  

Catnikko
2 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

I am sorry to say this but this is such a great example of the shitty part of our LGBT community. We have so much hate against us, still, in 2018 and yet we have to mess inside the community. I am sorry but this happens to much. I experienced so much hate by other gays. And I am like wtf?! Why do we have to drag each other down. We are already a minority.

Instead of god damn Thank Gaga for the support (whatever the reason is why Gaga did this album) she just throws shade and call it money making, using the community. What the actual fu*k?

So true, I've actually been treated worse by certain people in our community than anyone else and imo that's extremely ****ed up

Actual patient

lairofhk
2 hours ago, Impostor said:

People here are so immature. Shea has an opinion and it's her view. No need to be rude towards her. Besides, Born This Way was very over the top and crazy. I didn't like it when it came out. Now I love it, but because I'm a fan of the aesthetic, not really the message.

TFM was more original and authentic and the public could feel that. Meanwhile, most people didn't get BTW. Y'all act like Judas was the only problem, but the whole album was too much.

The exact point of BTW was to be over the top and crazy. It was Gaga at her most extreme and it defined/captured that moment in her career. Also, how could you not be a fan of an empowering message like that though? Would you have rather it been devoid of any kind of message or meaning or purpose? 

Also, the public didn't resonate as much with BTW because it was weirder and its target audience was primarily her fan base. The music was not as mainstream as TFM and she therefore took a risk when she released it. You can debate whether or not she was pandering, but it was a big risk for a pop star of her stature nonetheless and it was empowering for many people. I'm not sure you get BTW. But that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

Also...Judas is not a 'problem." It remains one of her best songs IMO, As well as one of her best videos. I'm definitely not mad at it.

TheSlash

I didn't know her before and I don't intend to change that anytime soon :neyde:  :madge:

Ew, David!

Impostor
1 minute ago, lairofhk said:

The exact point of BTW was to be over the top and crazy. It was Gaga at her most extreme and it defined/captured that moment in her career. Also, how could you not be a fan of an empowering message like that though? Would you have rather it been devoid of any kind of message or meaning or purpose? 

Also, the public didn't resonate as much with BTW because it was weirder and its target audience was primarily her fan base. The music was not as mainstream as TFM and she therefore took a risk when she released it. You can debate whether or not she was pandering, but it was a big risk for a pop star of her stature nonetheless and it was empowering for many people. I'm not sure you get BTW. But that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion.

Also...Judas is not a 'problem." It remains one of her best songs IMO, As well as one of her best videos. I'm definitely not mad at it.

I love Judas/Born This Way. The public didn't though, because it was crazy and try-hard.

I don't think she took any risks, besides the risk of being cringe-worthy sometimes.

The sound/visual aesthetic in the album is great but the lyrics are not the best imo.

Archived