💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Judas Actually Flop?

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

Guillaume Hamon

These charts all over the world means HIT normally. ;)

It's just that for gaga at the time that was just fine or even a tad disappointing.

PunkTheFunk

I was part of the GP at the time and I was under the impression that it did fairly well :vegas:

IAmNotHere1997
5 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

This is only the US though.. It did very well in South Korea and Spain and many other countries aswell

I know this is US only, that's why I wrote "across the Billboard charts"

It still did bad for a second single.

Twitter

Judas was a moderate hit in comparison to Born This Way being the lead single.

Even though Judas wasn’t a good single choice, any song would have charted well since it was Gaga’s peak era. 

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, gabrielflorin01 said:

I feel if she didn't release it during Holy Week, it wouldn't have gotten as much controversy and have became more successful. TEOG or Scheisse should've been the second single and Judas the 3rd imo.

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Also, compared to DWUW and Million Reasons, Judas did better internationally and on the charts.

lgaga1fan
15 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

In South Korea, Bad Romance peaked below 25, spending less than 2 months on the chart, did it flop there too ? (sorry for the attitude lol) The remix did better than the actual song in South Korea.

Gaga was hardly a name in South Korea in 2009. In its home territory (the united states), Judas did horribly. It also didn't do very well outside of its home country either. It performed the worst out of every single from the album (except for Marry the Night), and was a dramatic difference between the almost 2 month #1 single, and the almost 2 month drop out of the chart.

Thomas P

It kind of was. It had the same success and exposure as Ready For It did, so you can’t call ready for it a flop and not call Judas a flop. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

KatieJudasGaga4
12 hours ago, lgaga1fan said:

Gaga was hardly a name in South Korea in 2009. In its home territory (the united states), Judas did horribly. It also didn't do very well outside of its home country either. It performed the worst out of every single from the album (except for Marry the Night), and was a dramatic difference between the almost 2 month #1 single, and the almost 2 month drop out of the chart.

Not really since the chart started in 2010 and Telephone debuted at #3 and Poker Face was in the top 20 in the beginning of the charts.

Gladys622

It shouldn’t have been prioritized over teog. Would’ve done better as a third single. I wouldn’t consider it a flop compared to what the entirety of ARTPOP was (excluding applause). It’s still one of my favorites by her as well

boom boom cherry

Luke78619

It was played a lot on radio in the U.K., haven't heard anything from her on the radio since DWUW :cryga: 

but no it's not a flop, it was top ten in the US, platinum selling, it's just a well known Gaga song. As far as I'm concerned, if everyone knows a song, it's not a flop because it was present on the music scene, which it was.

perfect illusion and million reasons outside the US wish :cryga:

insta: good_lukeing | I have nothing else to promote

StarstruckIllusion
17 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

In South Korea, Bad Romance peaked below 25, spending less than 2 months on the chart, did it flop there too ? (sorry for the attitude lol) The remix did better than the actual song in South Korea.

Yes, yes it did. Debuts don’t matter in defining a flop. How fast it falls is key. 

Margaux

Hm.. like from a marketing standpoint yes. But it’s pretty iconic. 

Phlop

I mean after MTN, DWUW, GUY, and PI, it’s kinda a huge hit.

BYE

Archived