💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

LOVE JUNKIE

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

tomsches
9 hours ago, Bradley said:

Like Gaga herself said, "I never do the same thing twice. Did anyone get the memo? Born This Way was like nothing on the radio. Applause was like nothing on the radio. Perfect Illusion is like nothing on the radio. They're in for a ride."

Not True. During the Promotion of applause, even gaga herself said in an interview that she was urged by her Team to release applause to Make sure it Sounds like the Rest that the Radio was playing at that Moment. The interviewer even mentioned that the clapping beat Sounds familiar and gaga replied that she knew and that she purposely Chose a popular beat for the song.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AFRODITA

tbh, i totally wouldn't mind if Bloodpop did the whole thing in Electro Pop.

Arturo

No.

Gaga showcased her best vocals and songwriting while Mark came through with his simplistic yet effective production and killer melodies. It was perfect. I like BloodPop don't get me wrong but I don't see Joanne being that different without him other than the removal of a few screams that didn't do enough to elevate the songs as signature BloodPop productions.

Mark killed it. I mean Million Reasons alone ....whew.

The only mistake I think is on the album is Kevin Parker. How did that man manage to **** up the only song he has on the album? Perfect Illusion is probably the worst song on the album and the only one with Parker on it so I'll blame it on him.

On the other hand, I wish Beck didn't only have one track. DiC is insane, I wish track 6 was replaced with another Pop Beck collab

Also the people saying they barely play the album lol....are you the ones with think Glory is a quality pop album.

Bradley
1 hour ago, tomsches said:

Not True. During the Promotion of applause, even gaga herself said in an interview that she was urged by her Team to release applause to Make sure it Sounds like the Rest that the Radio was playing at that Moment. The interviewer even mentioned that the clapping beat Sounds familiar and gaga replied that she knew and that she purposely Chose a popular beat for the song.

Ok I have no recollection of this interview at all but like I said, she mentioned it when she was being interviewed by Zane Lowe.

Still even if they are within the pop music sphere, I still find Applause significantly different from whatever that was on the radio.

latina twilight

You don't like the album, and it's okay, but she's not supposed to please you. Just let it go already.

"I don't like it" =/= "It's bad"

There's no mistake at all, that's the album she wanted to do and that's what we got.

"YOU USED TO BE SO KIND, I NEVER KNEW YOU HAD SUCH A DIRRTY MIND".

lordmaler
7 hours ago, ryanripley said:

lmao yeah, not with redone and not with her lack of streaming power

she's better when she works with new producers, having the same producer for 5 albums would get boring fast

joanne was great and mark was an amazing choice, getting rid of redone was the right choice

Umm... She was a streaming beast when she worked with RedOne... His production made her global pop star...but whatever makes you feel better  :madge:

ryanripley
10 minutes ago, lordmaler said:

Umm... She was a streaming beast when she worked with RedOne... His production made her global pop star...but whatever makes you feel better  :madge:

streaming wasn't a thing in 2008/9 but whatever makes you feel better :vegas: his production was the exact same with kat deluna yet only one became a superstar so it wasn't the producer that made her famous

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Mr S

I was expecting/hoping for something a bit better considering his other projects, but it's far from a mistake.

TeenIdle
8 hours ago, DiamondFart said:

Born This Way, as much as I love it, was totally on trend with the synthy dance pop songs all over radio at the time. Songs like On The Floor and E.T. were the big hits, and are just like BTW. 

Production-wise yes, it sounded like a regular pop song. The lyrical content is what made the song stand out from the rest.

LOVE JUNKIE
1 hour ago, NightOwner said:

You don't like the album, and it's okay, but she's not supposed to please you. Just let it go already.

"I don't like it" =/= "It's bad"

There's no mistake at all, that's the album she wanted to do and that's what we got.

Never said she has to please me or that the album was bad or even that I didn't like the album. Where are y'all getting this :saladga:

on a three day bender

Gonzi

Gaga herself said Joanne was about being free to do whatever she wanted to do at the moment and not what everyone was expecting from her. She always wanted to work with Mark and yeah the music they made might not be chart topping worthy but it IS beautiful music. Gaga is happy with the work they created. You should be happy that she's creating the art SHE wants to create.

LOVE JUNKIE
18 minutes ago, Gonzi said:

Gaga herself said Joanne was about being free to do whatever she wanted to do at the moment and not what everyone was expecting from her. She always wanted to work with Mark and yeah the music they made might not be chart topping worthy but it IS beautiful music. Gaga is happy with the work they created. You should be happy that she's creating the art SHE wants to create.

I am! It makes me super happy. I'm incredibly proud of her for fighting for what she wants to do and she's a huge inspiration to me because of it :firega:

on a three day bender

LePetitGAGABLover

Yes. EVERYONE was waiting for popGa to return back in 2016 and she lost that opportunity by releasing Joanne 

LePetitGAGABLover

Also I won't stand for the Redone shade. The fact that his songs still remain her biggest hits (both on YouTube and sales) is embarrassing. 

dit

Imo it was a great idea working with him theoretically because I love so many of his songs and work with other artists but for some reason the songs he made with Gaga sort of fell flat with my expecations of what they'd make. Still Joanne to me is a solid album and it's my 2nd favorite Gaga album over all but I just felt like it could of been so much better. 

Archived