💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

LOVE JUNKIE

Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?  

428 members have voted

1. 1. Was working with Mark Ronson a mistake?

• Yes
    • No

Featured Posts

LOVE JUNKIE

Also for the record I don't think BloodPop was the best fit for this album either. I just think what he contributed was more interesting and pushed the record in exciting directions rather than holding it back :awkney: And his contributions (aside from DIC) seem more focused and nuanced to me.

on a three day bender

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LOVE JUNKIE

Screen_Shot_2018_07_02_at_6_45_50_AM.png

omg it happened again i'm wet

on a three day bender

Battle 4 Ur Life
1 hour ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

@A Hybrid@WokePop@Why am I on GGD@Bradley sorry if I was a bit intense I've just had these pent-up feelings inside for almost two years with no outlet :sweat: I'm genuinely glad so many people like this album, it really does show a different side of Gaga and her talent and passion and love for what she does. I might not of liked the way it came together but I can still respect it. And who knows maybe LG6 will come together in a way we can all love and enjoy :giggle:

sis it’s super ok. I actually edited my reply to let u know I respect your opinion. I’m also sorry if I sound acid or came across as snotty, I’m not I promise. I don’t really care if you don’t like it nor do I think you have bad taste. it’s a joke. I always write like that and I swear it’s for the sake of humor (which most people in here don’t get that’s why I sometimes don’t reply at all to controversial threads because it’s easy to have s* thrown at me and them wp’s following right after). I think it’s totally ok if u feel like that because maybe u expect different aspects of her as a musician or as an artist altogether. and that’s great too. she already showcased so much versatility that it’s hard to know where she’s gonna go next. it’s kinda scary too but oh well, it’s Gaga afterall isn’t it? that’s what you get.

and I appreciate that you’re opinionated. and you express it well. and you also show that you are kind and concerned about other people. also a plus (a big one).

if they come for you for your opinion only just brush them off your shoulders is what I say.

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Max Vandeburg

The first person responsible for Joanne's sonority is Gaga, not Ronson. You can't blame him for the country influences on the album, or whatever. If you listen to his solo work you'll realize that it is quite different.

SHE was the person who decided the direction to go. He just did his job - masterfully, by the way. There is no "mistake" here. Please, stop making up excuses to hate Joanne and enjoy the music.

huttont

I don’t think it was mistake...he just brought stuff to the table that I didn’t really want to see. But I think it was necessary for Gaga to work with someone like him and I’m not unhappy with the result.

i just really hope we get some of the original LG5 songs

Arcanum

Mark Ronson was the man behind Back to Black so even if he arranged fart sounds in a song with a trumpet I would adore it because of his legacy.

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

Haroon

Not at all :laughga: She seems to like how it ended up and looks like she created a real friend by working with him and it seems like they worked well together :happy: I’m not a massive fan of the album but that doesn’t mean that she made a mistake with how it was made or who she worked with :shrug: Just because you aren’t into something it doesn’t mean that the person who made it did any faults

LOVE JUNKIE
5 minutes ago, Max Vandeburg said:

The first person responsible for Joanne's sonority is Gaga, not Ronson. You can't blame him for the country influences on the album, or whatever. If you listen to his solo work you'll realize that it is quite different.

SHE was the person who decided the direction to go. He just did his job - masterfully, by the way. There is no "mistake" here. Please, stop making up excuses to hate Joanne and enjoy the music.

Never said there was any correlation between Ronson and Country influences. I have no issue with the Country influences in the record if anything I wish there were more. Never said I hated the album. Literally said the album was well-made in my OP. Did you even read any of my posts in this thread :saladga:

on a three day bender

FfFfFfFF

It helped Gaga to explore a new range of sounds so I don't think it was a mistake.

LOVE JUNKIE
14 minutes ago, Haroon said:

Just because you aren’t into something it doesn’t mean that the person who made it did any faults

Absolutely agree. I just specifically believe Ronson wasn't the right choice as exec. producer for the album. I'm into a lot of Joanne, I just think it could have been better if she solo exec. produced it or brought in someone else to oversee the execution of it.

on a three day bender

ryanripley

working with redone for the 5th time in a row would have been a mistake

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

lordmaler

Yes. 

The lack of catchy melodies, no exploding choruses, just her belting over flat instrumentals. In some songs verses sound stronger than chorus. It's just mess that goes no where.

Also can't wait opinion of people who praise her for not jumping on trends. We got The Cure and now she is working with BloodPop and possibly SOPHIE.

6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

working with redone for the 5th time in a row would have been a mistake

You wish ORH. She would possibly return eurodance and make it popular like she did in 2008.

ryanripley
14 minutes ago, lordmaler said:

You wish ORH. She would possibly return eurodance and make it popular like she did in 2008.

lmao yeah, not with redone and not with her lack of streaming power

she's better when she works with new producers, having the same producer for 5 albums would get boring fast

joanne was great and mark was an amazing choice, getting rid of redone was the right choice

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

LGMonster95
1 hour ago, LOVE JUNKIE said:

I have seen some people have this attitude and I agree that is annoying. Shitting on an album solely because you don't like the style/genre is silly

Yes, many times I've seen this, for example Sinners Prayer is my least fav song on Joanne only because it's not my style (I don't dislike it) it's too country for me but the song has quality, it tells a story etc

Archived