other

Madonna being a mess on Instagram

Gohan

Featured Posts

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FGGrayson

Not yall doing too much, its her daughter and she's helping, whats wrong with that lsnvdalsnvla

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

LaMaisonGaga
8 hours ago, Melech said:

The dress is a choice tho

It's Dolce, so no surprise.

lamaisongaga.com

elijahfan

Well, she's just as messy as any other middle-aged person using technology :oops:

Boyboi12

That is troublesome to the naked eye! But that’s her daughter, so what’s wrong with her helping her mother. 

10 hours ago, PMKKARDASHiAN said:

A daughter helping her mother in the kitchen, what's the issue again? 

Women in the kitchen.

None of which point to anything racial or problematic 

what's problematic isn't the caption the clothes or the girl; it's your thought process 

:vegas:

OMG DESTROOYYEED

Economy
10 hours ago, LittleLocoCoco said:

I see no problem.

A daughter helping her mother in the kitchen, what's the issue again? 

10 hours ago, Borislshere said:

Bye.

I expected an actual mess. :triggered:

Yeah like ppl wanna see issues in everything these SJWs really annoying me sometimes

Its normal for a mom to call one of her kids a helper and she happened to adopt black children

Why do ppl gotta see it like that????? :rip:

Miel
11 hours ago, Florian said:

Helper is a job title used in the cooking world on a daily basis. There is litterally nothing to be offended about.

People are getting offended for the sake of it and it's starting to annoy me. I'm glad this twitter woke-ism hasn't reached France.

"The Help" has a very heavy history in how it was used in the United States. Don't undermine that- the whole world still has incredible problems with racism.

But, like I said, that is probably why people mistook it as a racist statement, even though we all know full and well that Madonna didn't intend that as such.

3 points in and ready for more

Miel
11 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

The icing on the ignorance cake is that her daughter is dressed eerily similar to a slave/house maid from the 19th century

c0e862ae90e681c0ab53e69c160cfcbe.jpg

Just a mess all around :madge:

11 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Black domestic workers in white households isn't something that happened 300 years ago that we all need to forget about...this was going on in the 1950s/60s. That's our parents' lifetimes. It's not something that can easily be erased from cultural memory.

10 hours ago, SimplyTheBest said:

Oh man, they won't understand why it can be insensitive, you are wasting your time (I think that colorblindness bullsh*t is a big part of it)

even though I don't think she's racist, she's just ignorant and I swear I cringe

Thank you both.

Yes, Madonna's post isn't racist.

HOWEVER, it is very much worth it for everybody to understand at least why some people took it as racist. It's a very good history lesson that everybody, ESPECIALLY BUT NOT JUST AMERICANS (!!!), should know about.

nodandsmile
7 minutes ago, Miel said:

Thank you both.

Yes, Madonna's post isn't racist.

HOWEVER, it is very much worth it for everybody to understand at least why some people took it as racist. It's a very good history lesson that everybody, ESPECIALLY BUT NOT JUST AMERICANS (!!!), should know about.

The problem is ... you can't tell me when to feel offended and when not to because you are not walking in my shoes, don't know what I go through every single day of my life and how it feels. And as long as some people don't know that, this problem will never be solved. Avoiding the subject won't make it disappear.

Miel
1 minute ago, SimplyTheBest said:

The problem is ... you can't tell me when to feel offended and when not to because you are not walking in my shoes, don't know what I go through every single day of my life and how it feels. And as long as some people don't know that, this problem will never be solved. Avoiding the subject won't make it disappear.

Absolutely. I think there's a lack of understanding that you can both acknowledge that Madonna's post wasn't racist, and understand why and how it could have been perceived as racist. Simply dismissing it as "SJW's overreacting" is irresponsible, dangerous, and ultimately a part of the larger common paradigm of slipping things under the rug.

And I'm also glad you brought up you can't tell me when to feel offended and when not to because you are not walking in my shoes, don't know what I go through every single day of my life and how it feels, because it is so important for all peoples, those who experience more social oppression and those who don't, to understand critically and empathetically the experiences of disenfranchised communities.

nodandsmile
5 minutes ago, Miel said:

Absolutely. I think there's a lack of understanding that you can both acknowledge that Madonna's post wasn't racist, and understand why and how it could have been perceived as racist. Simply dismissing it as "SJW's overreacting" is irresponsible, dangerous, and ultimately a part of the larger common paradigm of slipping things under the rug.

And I'm also glad you brought up you can't tell me when to feel offended and when not to because you are not walking in my shoes, don't know what I go through every single day of my life and how it feels, because it is so important for all peoples, those who experience more social oppression and those who don't, to understand critically and empathetically the experiences of disenfranchised communities.

Some people run when you start talking about race (because sometimes it makes them feel uncomfortable but that's not a reason). It is important that we have conversations about it and be totally honest and stop judging because again you don't know. And that first sentence comes from my heart because I do know how it feels to be made feel less than (it was while studying in a European country) and I wouldn't wish that for anyone, even my enemy. That's why some of the things that I've read here and on the other thread today really broke my heart. But I'll never lose hope because we will stand tall and we will continue to talk about this.

shoful

What is wrong with you people. Its a child and her mother. Every kid who helps their mother in the kitchen is referred to as my little helper. 

If Madonna is labeled as racist than I must be on the same level as satan or the KKK because this woman has ****ing built a hospital in Africa and donated thousands of dollars and time to helping the people of Africa. I have done absolutely nothing. Yeah she’s so racist....

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Whispering

I can see where people could be offended on first look.

Having said that, I believe it's simply an innocent picture of a mother and a daughter. 

Archived