Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
opinion

Gaga's biggest problem is her lack of trying

NotMyFlop

Featured Posts

sipthistea
8 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

I,ve said it before and I will say it a thousand times more. Gaga needs to realize "Lady Gaga" is not just her. Its a name, its a brand in which countless of other people work under. She cant just "not do stuff because she doesnt feel like it" when there are people working under you and trying to make a living out of it. If you dont do TV performances, dancers wont have a job. If you dont do talk shows, assistants, make-up artists, stylists, managers wont have jobs. I get that her life is overwhelming and that she should do what she wants, but sometimes its rather unprofessional and diva-like to just cancel and shut down jobs because you dont feel like doing it. there's people who work to bring those opportunities and they depend and need you to say yes, even when its not your favorite part of the job. and that is a reality to EVERY job (but thats why you get payed) 

Gaga needs a team that can simultaneously let her keep her artistic integrity but will not tolerate it when she throws a tantrum at something she doesnt want to do (except if she is physically incapable). Bobby needs to make her a schedule that she can tolerate and not allow her to shift gears and scrap projects just cause she feels like it often. They should just meet at a midpoint and avoid all type of yes-men workers (Which I get the impression that everyone in Gaga´s team is. Push-overs etc..)

She's an artist, not a company. 

If she feels like to not have dancers or not wear make up at all throughout an era or from now on it's a choice, not a duty. Her dancers and her make up artists work for other people as well so it's not like "She has to do it or else her people won't have a job and everyone will be broke". 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Haus team from TF-AP was legendary. You're right, it was an absolute machine that allowed her to sculpt a narrative the way she wanted and they navigated her rise to stardom like no other, except maybe Michael Jackson.

After she had the falling out with Troy, it was apparent that she didn't want to 'try' on that level anymore. It was pushing her to exhaustion and as we know it seriously affected her health. I think at this point Gaga is happy with her legacy and wants to do things on a more low-key level for a while. (not that planning ASIB, LG6 & Vegas at the same time is low-key, but promotion wise :ladyhaha:)

Im sure she could get the gears turning and promote on that level again, but I don't think we'll see anything that massive for a few years at least. It's not like she doesn't have time to step back for a little...Cher and Madonna have been cranking out albums and touring for how long now :ohwell:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

NotMyFlop
1 minute ago, Gretchen said:

The Haus team from TF-AP was legendary. You're right, it was an absolute machine that allowed her to sculpt a narrative the way she wanted and they navigated her rise to stardom like no other, except maybe Michael Jackson.

The Haus should be the model for artists to follow when it comes to promoting an artist. Impeccable, flawless delivery. :giveup: We will probably never see an artist rise like that in our lifetimes. It happened so fast. So big, so successful. 

andy232000
8 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

She's an artist, not a company. 

If she feels like to not have dancers or not wear make up at all throughout an era or from now on it's a choice, not a duty. Her dancers and her make up artists work for other people as well so it's not like "She has to do it or else her people won't have a job and everyone will be broke". 

I get that, but thats part of making music and being a public figure. If she 100% hates it, then maybe she should retire and just write to herself. 

Mind that I dont condemn anything in the alley of becoming a money making machine. just that she needs to find a middle point where she can compromise some stuff and then retain her artistic integrity 

Also, even if her dancers and people work for others she should consider the fans who want it as well. its because of them that she has the life that she has. Im just saying some compromise is not unhealthy for her success and image  

sipthistea

The ones who are not trying to let the previous eras back are her fans. Gaga already had the massive success and sales, the multiple tv performances. This is a moment for her to establish her artistry and her legacy through her music. It needs promotion, but it shouldn't be an extensive run as it used to be because she can't physically handle it. 

She's a smart woman and has been able to do the unthinkable, and keeps surprising people with her career moves. I don't think she's not trying enough as these decisions are already cementing her as a music legend. 

andy232000
11 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

I think this is a tad harsh, but I understand what you're saying. I think Born This Way (album) promotion and Fame Monster was rigorous. You couldn't go anywhere without her doing SOMETHING. 2009-2012 was an insane few years for her. I'm glad she was able to loosen up the schedule to take time and reflect, but there is a balance that can be found. I don't know what that is or could be, but I agree. She can have a schedule that's maintainable and leaves room for breaks for Fibro or personal reasons. 

Yes, maybe the way I phrased it came out harsh or too business-y. What I meant is that gaga and her team need to find a way to keep some authenticity where she is happy but also commit to a plan and work schedule that actually works, instead of just not having one, or not following. Its like a Diet, you have to follow the rules, otherwize it wont have a full effect 

NotMyFlop
1 minute ago, andy232000 said:

Yes, maybe the way I phrased it came out harsh or too business-y. What I meant is that gaga and her team need to find a way to keep some authenticity where she is happy but also commit to a plan and work schedule that actually works, instead of just not having one, or not following. Its like a Diet, you have to follow the rules, otherwize it wont have a full effect 

I think that's something everyone can agree too. :lana:

Glamourpuss

I'd just like to add that many people criticise her choice to release Perfect Illusion as the first single. But I always remember when it was released she shared a video of herself in her car, playing it loud and singing along. She was so in love with that track. She really thought we would all love it too. I love it but I know many others don't. But this song is a perfect example to show why she chose to release it over an other that would have had instant success. Because she loved it so much. 

andy232000
1 minute ago, NotMyFlop said:

I think that's something everyone can agree too. :lana:

God knows how many TV performances or promo opportunities Interscope and Bobby brought to the table only to be shut down last minute by Gaga and her ever-changing mind

6 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

The Haus should be the model for artists to follow when it comes to promoting an artist. Impeccable, flawless delivery. :giveup: We will probably never see an artist rise like that in our lifetimes. It happened so fast. So big, so successful. 

I agree!! So many great minds working together :diane:I'm pretty sure she partly based the Haus concept on Andy Warhol's Factory

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

sipthistea
2 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

I get that, but thats part of making music and being a public figure. If she 100% hates it, then maybe she should retire and just write to herself. 

Mind that I dont condemn anything in the alley of becoming a money making machine. just that she needs to find a middle point where she can compromise some stuff and then retain her artistic integrity 

Well, I'm sorry but that goes against the values of an artist. Many people don't have the amount of success Gaga has, yet they keep making music for their fans and seem to enjoy the ride. It's selfish to say that she should retire if she doesn't keep up with the same promotion routine. At the end of the day she's a singer songwriter. She can still release albums, but there's no need to make a big campaign to promote them every single time.

We appreciate her for the work she does, not for the "brand" or the amount of money in her bank. It's not Kim Kardashian we're talking about. 

NotMyFlop
Just now, Gretchen said:

I agree!! So many great minds working together :diane:I'm pretty sure she partly based the Haus concept on Andy Warhol's Factory

Yes! She was Candy, or at least a persona. The Haus + Beyoncé's team of 100% secrecy would literally shake the whole world. No one would ever prepare for that type of promotion... but that's a different topic thread. 

andy232000
3 minutes ago, sipthistea said:

Well, I'm sorry but that goes against the values of an artist. Many people don't have the amount of success Gaga has, yet they keep making music for their fans and seem to enjoy the ride. It's selfish to say that she should retire if she doesn't keep up with the same promotion routine. At the end of the day she's a singer songwriter. She can still release albums, but there's no need to make a big campaign to promote them every single time.

We appreciate her for the work she does, not for the "brand" or the amount of money in her bank. It's not Kim Kardashian we're talking about. 

I meant retire from the public/celebrity persona and essentially do what you just described. Like, going indie, self-fund her projects or something

nattuggla
13 minutes ago, Benji said:

Her label wanted A-YO to be the lead on Joanne, which I think would have gone down better than Perfect Illusion but they both compromised on PI.

Wait?! What? I thought it was vice versa?I always got the feeling Gaga didn't care that much about PI and her label chose PI as a lead because it was the closest to her earlier work.... 

Benji
2 minutes ago, NotMyFlop said:

Yes! She was Candy, or at least a persona. The Haus + Beyoncé's team of 100% secrecy would literally shake the whole world. No one would ever prepare for that type of promotion... but that's a different topic thread. 

I'm still so impressed with how Bey's team managed to rebrand her as a legend inbetween eras, especially since 4 under performed.  I have no idea how they done it successfully but I really must commend them on it.

Archived