Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga a white gay (only) icon?

edgy

Featured Posts

LADYGAGASHOOCK
26 minutes ago, Sharyu said:

Leave shistar James alone.

That’s a meme so I wouldn’t say it was mean:triggered: Besides, he loves that meme:vegas:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chris Evans
13 minutes ago, edgy said:

Mmm, I think this is the reason why.

Also, I remember she got a lot of flack from the LGBTQI+ and the cis-het black community for this tweet:

fake woke twitter + the hive are the worst- she can't do ANYTHING right in their eyes regarding race issues because she's white. The hive put their stan goggles on before a legitimate issue that could benefit their community so they can rot. She should just continue with her work behind the scenes and ignore twitter.

On topic: who cares what race most of her fanbase is- she's an advocate for the good of everyone regardless of what they look like

3 minutes ago, heda97 said:

Nope. Your question assumes that she’s statistically only a white icon. Where is the proof? And if she is, why does it matter? POC don’t have to like her, she’s clealry not doing anything to repel them. Perhaps they just don’t enjoy her music. 

Your whole question is based on anecdotal experiences with POC and gaga. She has tons and tons of fans all over the world, and most people outside of North America and Europe are POC. So clearly shes not a white only icon. 

All lives matter and BLM has absolutely nothing to do with this. Not everything is a racial issue, there are clearly some major issues that definitely need to be fixed, however the fact that your personal POC friends don’t like gaga is not one of them. 

Sis, where in my question does it assume that she's statistically a white-only icon?

Yes, my question is based off of anecdotal experiences because questions can be that ... Based on my own experiences ... :oprah:

If this is an experience that only I deal with, fine. The question was about if anybody else have had similar experiences, not some definitive uniform answer.

Melech
1 hour ago, Phlop said:

Tbh most black gays like bey, rih, whit, Nicki, Arihtha, Cardi B, Rita Ora, and Mariah because they’re black gay icons/legends.

Gaga unforunately is white so black gays usually don’t like her or Brit, Katy, Xtina, Mandy Moore, Jessie j and other white girl legends

Rita is white :rip: 

Awrah999

I’m a QPOC and so is my best friend fellow Gaga stan. I’ve seen all races and every age at her concerts and buying her music so I really don’t think she is mostly for white gays or caters to that audience. 

doja scat

I’m a POC and love gaga. The ones that try iT are just some of the beyhive members and other poc gays that don’t know the work she has done 

I don't know about black gays, but asian gays seem to give her as much love as the white ones do 

plus Latin American gays as well 

Spoiler

the infamous "GAGA COME TO BRAZIL" :gaycat:

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

ryanripley

i think stars like rih and beyonce do have more POC fans because their music is now more rooted into POC culture plus they represent POC people

they probably just find it easier to relate to beyonce over gaga because she's the same race as them and i don't think it's a big deal tbh

representation is important

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

MaryJaneHolland
2 minutes ago, Silvestro Devacelli said:

what’s POC :awkney:

person of color

baptism

Anyone who has ever been to one of her shows knows that people of all ethnicities/colors/ages/genders/etc. love her. Close the thread. 

4 hours ago, edgy said:

Mmm, I think this is the reason why.

Also, I remember she got a lot of flack from the LGBTQI+ and the cis-het black community for this tweet:

I remember seeing the backlash toward this tweet. I think its necessary as an ally to do research so you get a good understanding of the issue. While it is important to listen to and to amplify the voices of those being marginalized, asking said people/groups to explain their struggles and oppressions ultimately places a burden on the very people you're trying to be an ally to - no matter how good the intention behind it is. 

Mirrion Rizzons

Lol no I’m not white and I stan Gaga 

I couldn’t give a rats ass about Beyoncé tbh 

As for the other gay icons like Brit, xtina, Madge, Rihanna, Marian  etc, they all have so many bops but I don’t stan them and to me it’s not about their colour. I even enjoy some of Beyoncé’s songs but I’m not a fan 

1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

person of color

Does the term appĺy exclusively to black people?

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

Archived