• Fusel

Top Posters In This Topic

Arturo

okay so she failed to keep the lid on it till september

this album is going to flop

she is gonna overhype this **** and it will be born this way all over again

damn it i love gagz but can she keep her mouth shut for once

this better not be true and she needs to wait till sept

If by flop you mean do as well as Born This Way, then I'm all for that kind of success again.

You can't say it's going to flop due to overhype :rofl:

The whole damn world doesn't know. It's not like she announced it at an awards show :roll:

With BTW she announced the title in September 2010 but meant to announce it on January 1st 2011

This time she revealed the title in August 2012 but meant to announce it in September 2012

The gap is much smaller lol

Stop saying something will flop without even hearing the music

Americano

okay so she failed to keep the lid on it till september

this album is going to flop

she is gonna overhype this **** and it will be born this way all over again

damn it i love gagz but can she keep her mouth shut for once

this better not be true and she needs to wait till sept

It IS true because she's confirmed it in like 5 different ways now.

I don't get this stanbase with how much "proof" they need.

ryhanna

Personally, I hope this record doesn't sound like The Fame, The Fame Monster OR Born This Way.

jeremiah saint

If by flop you mean do as well as Born This Way, then I'm all for that kind of success again.

The whole damn world doesn't know. It's not like she announced it at an awards show :roll:

With BTW she announced the title in September 2010 but meant to announce it on January 1st 2011

This time she revealed the title in August 2012 but meant to announce it in September 2012

well by flop i mean by gaga's standards

the numbers for born this way constitute it as a success but she didn't have as much cultural impact as she did with the first two albums

and born this way's success was mostly due to the momentum coming in from the fame monster - she doesnt have that momentum at all coming into this new era

the only way this album and all the singles will do well is if the general public like it and if it gets a lot of radio airplay and if the music is good

the radio impressions for each single on born this way were waaaaay lower than the radio impressions for the singles from rihanna, katy, and her other competitors

and born this way was destroyed by its overhype with gaga calling it the album of the decade

people saw her as this arrogant and self absorbed person and it turned some off and obviously it was NOT the album of the decade it wasnt even the album of the year

all i want is for her to lay low and not create a lot of hype and for the music to be good

and of course people everywhere see it ARTPOP and that pic she posted on Little monsters.com has been all over the gaga related news section

Edited by jeremiah saint

Bloody Mary

A great title for (what I hope will be) a landmark album in Gaga's career. ARTPOP is a concise yet holistic and meaningful reflection upon Gaga's goals as an artist.

Arturo

well by flop i mean by gaga's standards

the numbers for born this way constitute it as a success but she didn't have as much cultural impact as she did with the first two albums

and born this way's success was mostly due to the momentum coming in from the fame monster - she doesnt have that momentum at all coming into this new era

the only way this album and all the singles will do well is if the general public like it and if it gets a lot of radio airplay and if the music is good

the radio impressions for each single on born this way were waaaaay lower than the radio impressions for the singles from rihanna, katy, and her other competitors

and born this way was destroyed by its overhype with gaga calling it the album of the decade

people saw her as this arrogant and self absorbed person and it turned some off and obviously it was NOT the album of the decade it wasnt even the album of the year

all i want is for her to lay low and not create a lot of hype and for the music to be good

and of course people everywhere see it ARTPOP and that pic she posted on Little monsters.com has been all over the gaga related news section

Born This Way was successful because of her momentum from TFM. You're right.

But then why were The Edge of Glory (100 Million A.I) and Y&I successful in the U.S

The public ate those songs up

I doubt anyone knew that she was calling it the album of the decade except for us and stans of other pop artists

Edited by Arturo52311

I think what he meant, was that when there's so much hype surrounding the album, the expectation is higher... BTW's hype worked against it to some degree, largely because when the album and singles dropped, a lot of people felt "let down" so to speak, and not even because they were bad... just no where near as good as expected...

ARTPOP can and will in no way generate the same hype BTW did prior to release... which I'm so relived about...Becuase now people will listen without a pre determined expectation... good thing my book :party:

Let's just pray the first single is both commercial/radio friendly as well as being innovative and something edgy...

AbeTheBabe

Born This Way was successful because of her momentum from TFM. You're right.

But then why were The Edge of Glory (100 Million A.I) and Y&I successful in the U.S

The public ate those songs up

I doubt anyone knew that she was calling it the album of the decade except for us and stans of other pop artists

They didn't really eat those songs up. They had mild success, The Edge of Glory moreso.

Americano

They didn't really eat those songs up. They had mild success, The Edge of Glory moreso.

BTW/TEOG/Y&I all went Top 10 and over 2x platinum, hardly "mild."

AbeTheBabe

I mean they did well on paper, but compare them to everything else that was released around the same time they were kind of non-existent.

The only one that sustained radio play where I live was TEOG. The others dissipated almost immediately after they were released.

Edited by AbeTheBabe

jeremiah saint

I think what he meant, was that when there's so much hype surrounding the album, the expectation is higher... BTW's hype worked against it to some degree, largely because when the album and singles dropped, a lot of people felt "let down" so to speak, and not even because they were bad... just no where near as good as expected...

ARTPOP can and will in no way generate the same hype BTW did prior to release... which I'm so relived about...Becuase now people will listen without a pre determined expectation... good thing my book :party:

Let's just pray the first single is both commercial/radio friendly as well as being innovative and something edgy...

exactly what i mean

hyping the album up created a standard for born this way that was just impossible to reach

overseas no one played you and i at all because it was a country cross over song

and again edge of glory reached number 3 because of itunes sales but it still didn't get as much radio airplay as her competitors songs

and if u compare her singles from born this way to katy perry or rihanna's single radio airplay impresssions they are not close at all

we can hate katy and rih all we want but the truth of the matter is that the general public supports those two because they are commercial as can get and they get waaay more radio airplay than gagz

It makes sense. She wanted the fame, fought off the 'monsters' of fame, and obtained a kingdom of fans who support her! :shrug:

So ARTPOP does. It also makes sense.

Pop music is turning low brow nowadays, and Gaga wants to resurrect it by creating pop music which is art and culture at the same time.