Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Ariana’s new era is a bit of a mess

Kimmo

Featured Posts

Kimmo

I was really happy when she released NTLTC because it actually felt like the pop song that we needed and I felt that the album was going to follow the same concept around you know futuristic, inception like themes, but then her aesthetics aren’t making any sense like her Instagram is just random out of place pictures with far away and Polaroid effects and the album cover is just so out of place as well with the only comparison that is upside down and to top it off her latest promo single, “the light is coming” doesn’t have the same vibe as the Lead single, and is just background noise with her repeating the tittle of the track from start to end  :saladga: 

Plus the video has no essence, she’s just out in the woods looking for the light? And what does “You wouldn’t let anybody speak and instead” mean?? :saladga: 

I just hope the rest of the album synchronizes a little bit more, I know is just two songs so far but I really hope they get the theme together ASAP 

Hottie Detector

Thomas P

Every era this year is a mess

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Damon

ntltc isn't that great for me, but i still like it tho, its video is a w e s o m e

the first time i heard tlic in wango tanho i though it was going to be a bop, but now it's out and it's... okay i guess, and the video ruined it even more

... and now i just sit in silence.

Gagadonna

i still can't understand why she'd make a song like tlic... such an awful track (i can't call it "song") 

Ryusei

It's a freaking reebok commercial. The only reason this was pre-released and got a music video is because Reebok dropped coins in ariana's wallet. I'm convinced otherwise we wouldnt have a second release yet because NTLTC is high in radio, streaming (WW at least) and download charts 

Musery

Kimmo
2 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

ntltc isn't that great for me, but i still like it tho, its video is a w e s o m e

the first time i heard tlic in wango tanho i though it was going to be a bop, but now it's out and it's... okay i guess, and the video ruined it even more

1 minute ago, Gagadonna said:

i still can't understand why she'd make a song like tlic... such an awful track (i can't call it "song") 

Oh my. That’s the only thing I’ve like so far :huntyga: song and video 

Hottie Detector

ThisGuyTony

And let's not even talk about her personal life and its possible effect on this era's music... :madge: 

ryanripley

since when are album concepts decided by the lead singles video?

tumblr_inline_o2vd5yGIrO1r9vdbu_500.gif

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Bradley

I like both The Light is Coming and No Tears Left to Cry tho, so I don't have many complaints. I just hope her tour delivers so that if I attend I will be blown away.

Bradley
34 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

Every era this year is a mess

But Man of the Woods exists.

tomdsgn
5 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I like both The Light is Coming and No Tears Left to Cry tho, so I don't have many complaints. I just hope her tour delivers so that if I attend I will be blown away.

Terrible choice of words. 

Kimmo
23 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

since when are album concepts decided by the lead singles video?

tumblr_inline_o2vd5yGIrO1r9vdbu_500.gif

Well they should. Is not like the first single isn’t part of the album :trollga:

Hottie Detector

ryanripley
8 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Well they should. Is not like the first single isn’t part of the album :trollga:

i mean, it's very rare for that to happen

you'll most likely find it amongst indie artists but even gaga herself doesn't follow the concept or themes for the lead single's video throughout the era

ariana's aesthetic has been consistent enough this era so far and TLIC video was pretty futuristic and gave me Avatar vibes :shrug: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Kimmo
23 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

i mean, it's very rare for that to happen

you'll most likely find it amongst indie artists but even gaga herself doesn't follow the concept or themes for the lead single's video throughout the era

ariana's aesthetic has been consistent enough this era so far and TLIC video was pretty futuristic and gave me Avatar vibes :shrug: 

Did you read what I said about NTLC?  Yeah I didn’t think so ... We said pretty much the same so...

Hottie Detector

TheSlash

"Ariana’s new era is a bit of a mess"

:selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  :selena:  

Ew, David!

Archived