Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
funny

Madonna shades The Carters

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

Ziggy
12 hours ago, SKANK said:

I never understood the appeal of Madonna or Beyonce. Sue me.

I don’t like Madonna at all so personally I’ve always been like you in that regard, BUT I once dated an older dude and he explained Madge was his fav because she’s the OG popstar for white gays. She was a progenitor of a certain gay identity because of her diva femininity. So I get it in that the appeal is her fearlessness and when you’re in a safe gay space you just want to dance and be free and fearless so you tap into that energy (the same way people do with Rihanna, Gaga, Britney, Beyoncé, etc.). Everyone has their fav and by and large the reason more than anything else is that they feel a connection of some kind.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
elijahfan
10 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I like Madonna and I respect her greatly but this is kind of embarrassing. This is something one of her stans would do. I hope LG never does anything like this.

Well, she has become pretty embarrassing.... I mean, I'm a massive Madonna fan, she was my Gaga before Gaga, and nowadays she's making my eyes roll on the daily.

JevyDuty

I think she wasn't trying to shade The Carter's themselves.. I think she was just trying to stir up the hive and create friction between the bases...

It somehow makes her more relevant today and probably tickles her pickle (muffin?).

SKANK
9 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I don’t like Madonna at all so personally I’ve always been like you in that regard, BUT I once dated an older dude and he explained Madge was his fav because she’s the OG popstar for white gays. She was a progenitor of a certain gay identity because of her diva femininity. So I get it in that the appeal is her fearlessness and when you’re in a safe gay space you just want to dance and be free and fearless so you tap into that energy (the same way people do with Rihanna, Gaga, Britney, Beyoncé, etc.). Everyone has their fav and by and large the reason more than anything else is that they feel a connection of some kind.

I'm not sure it's fair to say she is a progenitor of gay pop-diva worship. I think it's more accurate to say she monopolized the space between Judy and Gaga.

But your right, it's about the connect a person feels.

Archived