Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Justin Bieber is this DECADE's most influencial popstar

Suspiria

Featured Posts

Dominic

In the past 5 or so years yes. Whether you like him or not it's fact. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Ok so I'm not saying he's the most creative, or the most talented or anything like that.

BUT - his influence on the pop landscape is undeniable.

Back in 2014, the 2012ish EDM phase was still just dying off. Then in 2015 Justin drops "Where Are Ü Now", followed by Purpose, filled with soft, tropical house bops produced by Bloodpop. And suddenly, that very much becomes the defining pop sound for the next few years - even our own dear Gaga hopped on that trend just last year.

In 2017, Justin then appeared on a certain, rather generic, Latin song that would go on to become one of the biggest hits in years. And what happens next? Everyone from Little Mix to Beyoncé is hopping on these Reggaetón/Latin Pop songs, thirsty for a hit. Even Kylie Minogue is doing Latin remixes of her songs! Latin rap/trap also becomes hugely popular in the US, with the likes of Bad Bunny and J Balvin becoming regular features in clubs and on the radio. The impact of Justin hopping on Despacito (let's be real, that would never have been the hit it was without him) was absolutely insane.

So whether you like him or not, you have to admit he's a powerful boy. Personally I'm kind of loving this softer electro-tropical/Latin-Reggaeton inspired sound that's still popular so I'm kind of grateful to him for it lol.

Let's hope whatever he does next is just as good :vegas:

EDIT: Ok by "Generation" I meant this new young generation of pop stars, this mid-late 2010s era of pop music. Maybe the new title makes it clearer lol? I don't know.

Wait, do you have any statistics or chart numbers to back up this claim or did you pull it out of your ass?

Catnikko
4 hours ago, Suspiria said:

Then in 2015 Justin drops "Where Are Ü Now", f

You're already wrong right there because that had literally nothing to do with him, Diplo and skrillex are more influential :toofunny: They could have got anyone to sing it and it would've been huge, they saved his career kinda tbf 

Actual patient

HausOfNicole

Justin Bieber is a product that sells, but he has in no way influenced pop music. Due to his popularity he has massive exposure so his work is more known. He doesn't establish trends or set standards. Justin's team is just smart enough to pair him with what is trendy on a grassroots level. Since his audience will buy into anything, he maintains relevance and popularity.

Dunk96

SecondhandTinyArctichare-size_restricted

Prince%20Happy.gif

Michael Jackson and Prince did not die for this little sh*t to be named anything. Justin Bieber has moderate talent singing and he fell back on the Chris Brown/Usher/Justin Timberlake blueprint with dancing (they both got dancing from MJ and Prince btw) but to have this level of delusion is quite astounding.  Justin Bieber's lyrics and music will never compare to the songwriting talents of both MJ and Prince,let alone even someone like Usher or even Justin Timberlake (the fact I'm admitting JT is better than JB alone should be reason enough to believe my word,since y'all already know how I feel about him too). His influence means nothing when he's spent the latter half of his career being a total a**hole to his fans and acting like a thuggish prick in the spotlight. He's clearly forgotten where he's come from and the fame and notoriety has gone to his head. So please cut the bullsh*t because Justin Bieber will fade into obscurity at some point or another and his influence will mean absolutely nothing in the next five to ten years.

TheSlash

giphy.gif

I expected "this decade's most annoying musician", tbh :vegas:  :huntyga: 

Ew, David!

Suspiria

Ok so everyone is laughing and saying it's ridiculous, but no one is mentioning who they think has been more influential than him these past few years lol?

(Not including rap/trap artists as that's quite different from pop).

Suspiria
6 hours ago, HausOfNicole said:

Justin Bieber is a product that sells, but he has in no way influenced pop music. Due to his popularity he has massive exposure so his work is more known. He doesn't establish trends or set standards. Justin's team is just smart enough to pair him with what is trendy on a grassroots level. Since his audience will buy into anything, he maintains relevance and popularity.

And this is exactly my point. I've stated I don't think he's the best or most talented artist, simply that his continued success (which is thanks to his name) means that other pop artists are inspired make music that sounds similar to his.

Sebastiaan De Graaf

I would even call Taylor more influential (from popstars) but Gaga remains the most tbh. She reinvented pop music and afterwards when Gaga disappeared, it all went down:trollga: I have to admit everything with Bieber on his name was a hit in 2015-2018

This list of this decade I'd suggest:

- Gaga (no explanation needed:oops:)

- Taylor (even though she isn't a trendsetter but she makes her own version of it like she did with the magical 1989, she has a lot of influence for sure)

- Beyoncé (she can do whatever she wants)

- Rihanna (is about to get that Bey attitude, you can't mess with Rihanna)

Archived