Everything is flopping this 2018

kaelergrey

Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
4 hours ago, Miss Cherry said:

I put it down to the impact of streaming. It's absurd to me that every song on a  new album can chart if it gets enough streams. That's why we are seeing the bizarre case where drake can have 14 songs in the hot 100 and then billboard says he is up there with Michael Jackson and Madonna which is just untrue. They have changed the rules so much in the last ten years that the charts have lost all meaning for me.

But I mean isn’t it more representative of what people are actually listening to and not what corporations/radio are shoving down our throats?

Miss Cherry
2 hours ago, Alexander Levi said:

But I mean isn’t it more representative of what people are actually listening to and not what corporations/radio are shoving down our throats?

Well It's the ratio of how important it is. Plus, it's the fact that they allow album tracks to chart. I mean back in the day when people bought lp's and cd's, you listened to the whole album right? Yet none of those songs unless they were an official single , were eligible to chart on the hot 100. that's why it's completely disingenuous to say that Drake is up there with Michael Jackson in terms of hits or entries because you aren't comparing apples to oranges.

smokingthemall
7 hours ago, Miss Cherry said:

I put it down to the impact of streaming. It's absurd to me that every song on a  new album can chart if it gets enough streams. That's why we are seeing the bizarre case where drake can have 14 songs in the hot 100 and then billboard says he is up there with Michael Jackson and Madonna which is just untrue. They have changed the rules so much in the last ten years that the charts have lost all meaning for me.

46 minutes ago, Miss Cherry said:

Well It's the ratio of how important it is. Plus, it's the fact that they allow album tracks to chart. I mean back in the day when people bought lp's and cd's, you listened to the whole album right? Yet none of those songs unless they were an official single , were eligible to chart on the hot 100. that's why it's completely disingenuous to say that Drake is up there with Michael Jackson in terms of hits or entries because you aren't comparing apples to oranges.

THIS x1,000,000

chase your big, beautiful dreams

Andreu
18 hours ago, Blond said:

Wait for Madonna :vegas:

to show us a whole new dimension of floppage?

Hadrian
19 hours ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

It makes me sad how you monsters who are 20+ had bops during your teen years but I'm 16 and have to deal with this hip hop epidemic :saladga:

edit: wow this comment was a HIT

unlike 2018 music :selena:

I feel so bad for the kids who are stuck with these hip-hop songs that all go "DA da da, DA da da, DA da da, DAH!" :cryga:

LordEnigma
6 hours ago, Miss Cherry said:

That is true and I didn’t think of it that way! 

Times change though and I think streaming is a wonderful thing.

FameHookah
On 20/6/2018 at 9:12 AM, Alexander Levi said:

Trust, that’s EXACTLY what they used to do when I was younger. People used to make fun of me for wanting to listen to the current pop music - it wasn’t the “glory days” as you are all making it out to be :laughga:

What? here in Mexico back in 2009-13 all i heard at parties was kesha/gaga/rihanna/katy/nikki  i LOVED those times 

rn it feels like 2005-7 all over again, with reggaeton and hip hop all over the place.

WTF is MDNA

Miss Cherry
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 5:48 PM, Andreu said:

to show us a whole new dimension of floppage?

No Xtina has already done that. Say what you will about Madonna, but I fully expect her new album to debut at 1 or 2. She may not get a hit single for obvious reasons, but the album (unless it's leaked) will have a high peak. The problem with Madge is, she get's in her own way. She's so busy being on a crusade to show that age doesn't matter, that gender doesn't matter (I agree btw), that she either cannot accept or realise that the public at large will not put up with someone o 60 tryna get down with the kids. This is one battle even Madonna will never ever win.

RAMROD
Just now, Miss Cherry said:

No Xtina has already done that. Say what you will about Madonna, but I fully expect her new album to debut at 1 or 2. She may not get a hit single for obvious reasons, but the album (unless it's leaked) will have a high peak. The problem with Madge is, she get's in her own way. She's so busy being on a crusade to show that age doesn't matter, that gender doesn't matter (I agree btw), that she either cannot except or realise that the public at large will not put up with someone o 60 tryna get down with the kids. This is one battle even Madonna will never ever win.

It's not that Madonna get her own way, it is just that like many other musicians that got large and loyal fanbase, it is already a given to have your album sell above 100K copies.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

MaryJaneHolland
On 6/20/2018 at 10:51 PM, Killa said:

A saviour always appears when all seems lost:vegas:

God knows his stuff. :vegas:

Is the savior's name 'LG6'?

Cuz if it's not, he can stay wherever he is

DUkeD9RW4AAfWrV.jpg

Sebastiaan De Graaf

Streaming era sucks. Taylor, Beyoncé, Katy and Gaga all lack hit singles. They were on top a few years ago and now they're struggling because of streaming. So Cardi, Drake, Post Malone, Shawn Mendes and Imagine Dragons rule the charts:cryga:

Killa
8 hours ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

Is the savior's name 'LG6'?

Cuz if it's not, he can stay wherever he is

DUkeD9RW4AAfWrV.jpg

Young one god writers in mystireous ways

Sherloid Bai
On 6/20/2018 at 3:01 PM, Mirrion Rizzons said:

Music is so dry right now that even at high school parties nowadays we play the current hits but then end up playing throwback bops more just bc they're 150% better and catchier

THIS. Every party i've been to has had 75% throwbacks on the playlist, mine included

Archived