Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Beyonce and Jay Z/cultural appropriation

Blond

Featured Posts

StarstruckIllusion

This was cultural appreciation, like the girl wearing the Chinese dress. Anyone mad at Beyoncé for the video needs to realize this lmao. And who would appreciate all that art? It’s so beautiful. There were other scenes in it too btw. What a great video. 

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miel
4 hours ago, Miss Cherry said:

I'm black and if white people or people of any other race wanna rock a big ginger afro or some dude wants to wear cornrows, knock yourself out. Time is being wasted on trivial **** like this when black men are being shot and incarcerated for decades for minor crimes. THAT'S what people should be concerned about; not cos Brad likes Kanye and wants to wear his hair a certain way:madge:

You're absolutely right, but nobody (at least logically) is saying that you can't pay attention to both?

I think cultural appropriation is a smaller, more micro-aggressive facet of a larger systemic, intersectional, and worldwide issue of contemporary colonialism and racism.

3 points in and ready for more

JLoveLamar
5 hours ago, Miss Cherry said:

Probably the last decent video she did.:madge:

Why? Cause she's the only White woman in the video? The racism here just will not end.

hankhatesyouall

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors has just reached the level of absolute insanity. There is always a knee jerk reaction from progressives when a certain white rappers tries to use elements of hip-hop culture or, God forbids, a white woman shoots a video in Africa without black people on the cast. At the same time it's completely OK for the Carters to film their "dancing" in a French Museum and show the greatest European paintings without featuring a single white person in their video. It seems like it doesn't work both ways. 

I do not want to buy this "oppressed" bullshit. How are the Carters oppressed? Jay is a drug dealer and Beyonce is a filthy rich pop singer who suddenly became woke. They should have filmed this in Houston or Africa, stay away from the European heritage. The same people who adore their new video say that white people have no culture:dry:.

That J
8 hours ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

what do you think about the "Nothing Really Matters" music video?

Basically the same. Personally it's one of my favorites.  She had a certain infatuation with the culture for a very long time. The second segment of The Drowned World Tour is more to observe! 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

Miss Cherry
3 hours ago, JLoveLamar said:

Why? Cause she's the only White woman in the video? The racism here just will not end.

Why? Are you a white supremacist? DO you not like it when people of colour and other races are featured? DO you think it should have been all whites? It's a great video and you are a disgusting racist,.

ryanripley
2 hours ago, hankhatesyouall said:

The hypocrisy of social justice warriors has just reached the level of absolute insanity. There is always a knee jerk reaction from progressives when a certain white rappers tries to use elements of hip-hop culture or, God forbids, a white woman shoots a video in Africa without black people on the cast. At the same time it's completely OK for the Carters to film their "dancing" in a French Museum and show the greatest European paintings without featuring a single white person in their video. It seems like it doesn't work both ways. 

I do not want to buy this "oppressed" bullshit. How are the Carters oppressed? Jay is a drug dealer and Beyonce is a filthy rich pop singer who suddenly became woke. They should have filmed this in Houston or Africa, stay away from the European heritage. The same people who adore their new video say that white people have no culture:dry:.

there are white people in the video...

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Blond
22 hours ago, SolidSnake said:

"F**k sjws" she says in a forum about the queen SJW lady gaga who has said "free speech is overated" and has a foundation based on building safe spaces.

She is NOT as extreme as SJWs,that is the main difference

My pu$$y tastes like pepsi cola

SolidSnake
1 hour ago, Blond said:

She is NOT as extreme as SJWs,that is the main difference

She absolutely is. Perhaps more so.

Jester

Thank god nobody outside US cares about stupidities like cultural appropriation

People here literally wouldn't know what you're talking about

21 hours ago, Miel said:

You're absolutely right, but nobody (at least logically) is saying that you can't pay attention to both?

I think cultural appropriation is a smaller, more micro-aggressive facet of a larger systemic, intersectional, and worldwide issue of contemporary colonialism and racism.

Can you explain the bolded part?

Borislshere
10 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

even tho I'd love to drag Beyoncé (yeah, fight me) because everything she does cannot be criticized without being attacked because "you are a racist11!!1! You don't like black music!11!!! Everybody hates her11!!!!1" so now draggin' the poor (lmfao) sis on here even when she doesn't deserve it has became one of my favorite hobbies, just to see the pressedT replies - not that I believe too much in what I usually write, but anyways

You wrote all that when you could’ve just said “ I don’t like Beyoncé” 

NCgaga

There is no such thing as cultural appropriation. Any adult human being can express themselves in any artistic manner that they want. Not one Human on this earth owns any style or concept, and has no right to look at another human being and say "No" - you can't do that. Beyonce can dress in Italian/Greek Culture  and wear blonde wigs because she wants to. Britney spears can rock an afro if she wants. This whole Idea that A group of humans "Owns" an artistic or expressive concept is false and fabricated by people who are overly offended and sensitive to every thing. 

Infinity Wave
4 hours ago, Borislshere said:

You wrote all that when you could’ve just said “ I don’t like Beyoncé” 

1. I actually like her, I don't like the BeyHive and all her pressedT fans as I pretty much stated 

2. The fact you felt the urge to quote me proves my point :flutter:

Colourful

Archived