Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Beyonce, Jay Z - Everything Is Love

monsterdino

Featured Posts

Thomas P

Can someone send a link. It’s still not working 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LastNight

I love Beyoncé but I think the album is disappointing. It's kind of boring; there are some nice moments but overall nothing really stands out to me. It sounds exactly like I was expecting it to (spoken word samples, loose song structures, songs that are longer than they need to be, random lyrics designed to be viral catchphrases) but none of it is as good as I would anticipate, which is disappointing because Beyoncé has been so innovative and exciting in recent years.

To me it just sounds like a bad version of Lemonade. Jay is not good here; although I respect how successful he has been, I personally have never been that into his music or style and this album hasn't changed that.

I love the concept of having their most recent individual albums, along with this joint effort, being a trilogy of sorts and I really admire their marketing skills, visual artistry and their commitment to their vision. They really know how to cause excitement, they know what it means to be a superstar and they know how to keep that magic and mystery alive, which is refreshing in this era of over-sharing. The music itself is a total non-event to me but I really respect what they do. Hopefully it won't be too long until the next solo B album, and fingers crossed she'll switch it up again: Beyoncé and Lemonade are near-flawless so I'm excited to see where she'll go next.

Luzaleja

Finally listened to it. I actually enjoyed it a lot. Y'all had me thinking it was terrible.

I really like the instrumentals on most of the songs. I like Jay Z but Beyonce really sounds amazing always :giveup: I prefer Lemonade, and I'm more excited for her next solo album, but this is not a bad project at all to me.

My faves are SUMMER, HEARD ABOUT US and LOVEHAPPY :tony:

papergangster

Gave it a try and listened to it once, but I won’t be listening to it again. 

Wolf Boy

Some of you seem to be under the impression this is a solo Bey album with the way you’re comparing it.

Ziggy

Idk what anyone was expecting from this tbh...it sounds like 3/4 of y’all thought it would be a beyonce solo with some jay-z here and there, and another thought it would be chock-full of bangers. But if anything put out by either of them the last two years would allude to, this was not aiming for a #1. They even talk about that in the lyrics :laughga: This is very much an album about the two of them as a couple and family. If you only like one half of that couple then it’s not remotely surprising that you don’t like the album or are underwhelmed by it.

My opinion:

-Bey’s flow is better than ever; I loved that she mostly rapped.

-Jay was on it as well but knew that in terms of presence he’s better off supporting rather than being the main star.

- The production was not very innovative, but it was sure fantastically-done.

-The lyrics require a lot of unpacking. Some are saying the bragging is annoying. Well, it’s a statement about their success as a couple of musicians, artists, lovers, and most importantly black Americans. So this pie crust has layers. Plus, if anyone has the bonafide right to be flashy and brag, it is the billionaire power couple.

-Give the songs a bit more time; light a joint and lay back (or go wild to APESH—); it’s worth it if you lay into the vibes of the sounds.

-it’s a great album; not revolutionary, but this is exactly the sort of thing I would have wanted after Lemonade and 4:44. We didn’t need another game changer, we saw the strife. It’s rewarding seeing them together and thriving.

-My favorites are Love in the Summertime, APESH—, BlackEffect, Nice, and LoveHappy.

Thomas P
1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Idk what anyone was expecting from this tbh...it sounds like 3/4 of y’all thought it would be a beyonce solo with some jay-z here and there, and another thought it would be chock-full of bangers. But if anything put out by either of them the last two years would allude to, this was not aiming for a #1. They even talk about that in the lyrics :laughga: This is very much an album about the two of them as a couple and family. If you only like one half of that couple then it’s not remotely surprising that you don’t like the album or are underwhelmed by it.

My opinion:

-Bey’s flow is better than ever; I loved that she mostly rapped.

-Jay was on it as well but knew that in terms of presence he’s better off supporting rather than being the main star.

- The production was not very innovative, but it was sure fantastically-done.

-The lyrics require a lot of unpacking. Some are saying the bragging is annoying. Well, it’s a statement about their success as a couple of musicians, artists, lovers, and most importantly black Americans. So this pie crust has layers. Plus, if anyone has the bonafide right to be flashy and brag, it is the billionaire power couple.

-Give the songs a bit more time; light a joint and lay back (or go wild to APESH—); it’s worth it if you lay into the vibes of the sounds.

-it’s a great album; not revolutionary, but this is exactly the sort of thing I would have wanted after Lemonade and 4:44. We didn’t need another game changer, we saw the strife. It’s rewarding seeing them together and thriving.

-My favorites are Love in the Summertime, APESH—, BlackEffect, Nice, and LoveHappy.

You literally summed everything up perfectly. I particularly agree with the fact that a lot of people thought it would be Beyoncé ft Jay Z, but not that it would be a Collab album. 

Lemonade is still my favourite album ever, but I can appreciate this and 4:44 for what they are doing, and this has some amazing songs. 

I’m a simple guy to please, if you like Melodrama, we chill.

Ziggy
4 minutes ago, Thomas P said:

You literally summed everything up perfectly. I particularly agree with the fact that a lot of people thought it would be Beyoncé ft Jay Z, but not that it would be a Collab album. 

Lemonade is still my favourite album ever, but I can appreciate this and 4:44 for what they are doing, and this has some amazing songs. 

I agree; I like Lemonade more, and also LOVE 4:44 because HOV really pushed himself out of his comfort zone (magna carta holy grail) for that album and it shows. I like this as a conclusion. It isn’t bombastic; it isn’t angry anymore. It’s tender, mellower and sweeter. It doesn’t bang because it doesn’t need to. I appreciate that they didn’t force it into radio and instead let it be what it would be.

LordEnigma

Meh - ill have to wait and see what are the fan favorites before diving in again. It just completely bored me.

monsterdino

the album is pretty MEH, APESHIT is the only good song tbh

Oyster

This is a really good album imo

Gagadaily isn't the most reliable site to judge the quality of this album bc most people here aen't huge fans of rap and hip hop. it's just not the style most people on this site prefer

But the production and rhythm of this album, for a HIP-HOP album, is stellar and the overall flow is spot on. I applaud the carters 

Luna Lovegood
16 hours ago, Oyster said:

This is a really good album imo

Gagadaily isn't the most reliable site to judge the quality of this album bc most people here aen't huge fans of rap and hip hop. it's just not the style most people on this site prefer

But the production and rhythm of this album, for a HIP-HOP album, is stellar and the overall flow is spot on. I applaud the carters 

Lol who in the right mind would use GGD as a source of music reviews :ladyhaha:

luna’s advocate

Aussie

Ok, i'll admit i wasn't that keen on the album on my first listen but now i have it on repeat when i drive to work and back everyday. While not the most original, i find it effortless and the only track i skip at times is Boss. And i don't even mind the constant 'wealth' show off on their tracks, i think its supposed to give the message to black youth in particular that it is possible to reach for the sky.

The only thing that bothers me is the use of the 'N' word throughout, especially by Beyonce. I feel that for artists who appeal and promote to a wider audience, it feels wrong and hypocritical to keep using that word since it does offend so many people. Like, i am not black but i love R&B and HipHop, Beyonce was never targeting just black listeners, it makes me feel bad when i have the music playing in my car and stop at the traffic lights and there is an African-decent person next to me when the 'N' words sounds.

Archived