Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Christina Aguilera - Liberation (Album Discussion Thread)

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

Arcanum

So far I am hooked by

Liberation

Deserve

Masochist

Twice

Like I do

Pipe

and I am obsessed with Accelerate though at first I was like WTF?!?!?!?!

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arcanum

Liberation (The Intro) brought me severe chills.

SYLLrS.gif

I felt like it was an O.S.T. of a parent looking desperately for his/her lost child in a swampy place in the dawn. :cryga:

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

JohnWayne92
1 hour ago, MaryJaneHolland said:

There are bops on all of her previous albums :vegas:

I know!!! I've waited so long for this album. I really thought she would have done something amazing...and...I dont really like any of these songs and half of the tracks are interludes.

nikola

This album is actually really good... i was expecting a really bad album ehen i was reading comments in this thread...

Only thing that i really hate is intreludes... there are way too many of them

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

NCgaga

THhe intro to the whole album sounds exactly like the soundtrack from “The Village”. 

BlingNotTheMusic

Why is everyone paying dust to bop of the century, “Right Moves”? :vegas:

(Legit have had it on repeat since Thursday at 9p)

cosmicluvrr

I think it's a great album. I never listened to Xtina much and this is the first album release of hers I've really paid attention to and I love it. I don't think it's intended to be an album of radio hits but rather something that artistically showcases her voice which I love tbh.

Anderson123

Well I was going to talk about my thoughts yesterday after just one listen but decided to wait and just listen to it a couple more times. This is a great album! I really liked it, it's not Christina's best but reminds me a little bit of Stripped in the sense that it feels personal and hip hop/urban experimental, something that a lot of people criticized her for when she released Dirrty and now look at it, it's her signature album.

Some of my favorite tracks are Maria, Pipe, Like I Do and Twice. At first I thought there were too many interludes and sure, some could've been cut (Dreamers lol, Searching For Maria could've been part of Maria, Liberation should've had some vocals at least but still, it's a great opener, At first I thought "I Don't Need It Anymore" would serve as an interlude that would explain the messy production of Accelerate but no, it just goes straight into the song and it's still this glitchy weird track).

I love that there's a little bit of everything in here. That Sick of Sittin' song featuring Janis Joplin vocals and that 70's sound, Fall In Line fits way better when you're listening to the whole album, Unless It's With You is a beautiful album closer. Deserve, Right Moves and Masochist are still growing on me but they sound good as well.

Overall I feel like it's a great comeback album and if it's true that she says that the next album is coming sooner than we expect, then it is a step in the right direction, I hope that P!nk collaboration gets to see the light one day, it'd be really great if she releases a new album next year, I don't want her to take more than 2 again.

What a boring noisy album, gosh.

Her voice sounds like a strained grunt through half of every song.

Maria and Unless It's With You are the only tracks worth playing sometimes...
oh and Deserve and Masochist are "ok". Fall In Line is so overscreamed, it's annoying.

Xtina is ballad queen or electropop queen... she's fooling herself thinking she makes anything close to good hip hop/R&B. 

juicyjuicy

Love/hate relationship with this album. Very polarizing for most people. My top 5 (all happen to be from latter half of album):

- Masochist

- Unless It's With You

- Accelerate

- Deserve

- Pipe

Miss Cherry

Hmm yeah shes done. this will tank. I can hear Paula Abdul calling her name on the wind...

Glamourpuss
On 17/06/2018 at 1:45 PM, Deagan said:

What a boring noisy album, gosh.

Her voice sounds like a strained grunt through half of every song.

Maria and Unless It's With You are the only tracks worth playing sometimes...
oh and Deserve and Masochist are "ok". Fall In Line is so overscreamed, it's annoying.

Xtina is ballad queen or electropop queen... she's fooling herself thinking she makes anything close to good hip hop/R&B. 

Doesn't she have a r&b influence on Stripped? She was pretty good at it on that record. 

Archived