đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Bradley and Gaga will get nominated at the Oscars?

Bradley

Title  

315 members have voted

1. 1. A Star Is Born's chances

• Both Gaga and Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Bradley will get nominated
    • Only Gaga will get nominated
    • Both of them are not getting any acting nominations

Featured Posts

just another gay

actually I can't judge before seeing it. but I don't like getting my hopes high anyway

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Adarsh
2 hours ago, Bradley said:

IndieWire is the only prediction we have (show me some links if there are predictions outside IndieWire) and they predicted Best Picture, Best Director and Best Actress for A Star is Born. Surprisingly they didn't predict Best Actor for it. I think imdb placed A Star Is Born at #38 as well but they're irrelevant since they put Annihilation at #2 which is a stupid decision.

Check awards watch, they have ASIB in best picture, Both Bradley and Gaga in beat actor and actress. 

Guest Adarsh
1 hour ago, Bradley said:

I was saying the Academy likes to award one movie with several nominations - for example, Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress all to one single movie, as opposed to awarding Best Picture to movie A, and Best Actor to movie B (separating the awards). I brought up La La Land as an example because it was awarded multiple nominations in the general and technical categories (Actor, Actress, Director, Picture, Screenplay, Score, Song, etc.). It's not about the genre or both of them being musicals. It's about the fact that they are nominated multiple times.

And A Star Is Born is already predicted to get nominated for Best Original Song, Best Director, Best Picture and as we have seen, Best Actor seems to be in the bag as well. I was trying to point out the advantage the movie has, and UNLESS Gaga's acting is exceptionally bad, she should get nominated because all the circumstances are already placed in her favour.

@Adarsh Soni Does this sound like a good point? I dk it's just my observation.

Yes i totally agree with your point that there always is that one movie which sweeps the house but thats not always the case, for example last year Shape of water won best picture/director, but best actress was Frances and best actor was Gary, so that can always be challenged. Ultimately the point is even if she does not get a best actress nom, she will get an original song nom. Remember a song from Fifty shades was nominated? And that was a critically panned movie. 

Bradley
47 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Yes i totally agree with your point that there always is that one movie which sweeps the house but thats not always the case, for example last year Shape of water won best picture/director, but best actress was Frances and best actor was Gary, so that can always be challenged. Ultimately the point is even if she does not get a best actress nom, she will get an original song nom. Remember a song from Fifty shades was nominated? And that was a critically panned movie. 

I was talking about the nominations only. I think it already is a victory for Gaga and us if we got nominations at the Oscars. She will forever be referred to an 'Academy-award nominee' (she already is but this time for acting) so that's not too bad either.

I might be greedy here but I don't think a Best Original Song nomination would satisfy me enough. She already had one for Til It Happens to You, what's groundbreaking is an acting nomination.

ilgkp
8 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Y’all are queens of changing my words I have to say! In the first quote I am speaking about THE MOVIE in the second one about GAGA.... I really don’t get y’all... It’s my opinion, as a fan I will see the movie and am more then exited. It could win oscars too, never said something else. Just don’t think Gaga’s acting is Oscar worthy COMPARED to the other rumored actresses? There is nothing controversial ... So explain me why I should be drunk? :toofunny:

I didn’t get you right now...(Not to be mean, I really didn’t understand) Can you explain again pls..

if you have not seen the movie, you have not seen her acting, so why do you judge her?

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

Guest Adarsh

I was talking about the nominations only. I think it already is a victory for Gaga and us if we got nominations at the Oscars. She will forever be referred to an 'Academy-award nominee' (she already is but this time for acting) so that's not too bad either.

I might be greedy here but I don't think a Best Original Song nomination would satisfy me enough. She already had one for Til It Happens to You, what's groundbreaking is an acting nomination.

Haha we all want her to be nominated don't we? See, if the movie does well and the critics like it, then there is a chance she might get nominated for best actress (even if her acting is average) it will bring the Oscars a lot of attention, as people will be shocked to see "Lady Gaga" as a best actress nominee. Its a trick they pull out from time to time to attract viewers. 

Bradley
13 minutes ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Haha we all want her to be nominated don't we? See, if the movie does well and the critics like it, then there is a chance she might get nominated for best actress (even if her acting is average) it will bring the Oscars a lot of attention, as people will be shocked to see "Lady Gaga" as a best actress nominee. Its a trick they pull out from time to time to attract viewers. 

I can't wait for awards season already. :emma:

Guest Adarsh

I can't wait for awards season already. :emma:

Me too, every year i get so obsessive towards the nominees and winners, this year I feel even more anxious, because its our girl out there :diane:

SwissMonster
3 hours ago, ilgkp said:

if you have not seen the movie, you have not seen her acting, so why do you judge her?

That’s what I said in an older post, that we have to wait to see the movie. But I can understand that you didn’t see every post I made. And by the way... did I say her acting was bad? I think I said her acting is very good actually ...and I am definitly the last person to judge Gaga so please don’t say such things...

Also, I am judging by the trailer and the trailers of the other movies to compare, nothing more. That’s why I said that this is my opinion in this state! It can  change when I see the movie :toofunny: Y’all really should stop taking each word to serious!

Last but not least, everyone here is judging by the trailer, so you should tell everyone who says that she will get noms and wins at the oscars the same as you told me. They didn’t saw the movie either ...

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

666 others

Where is the "I don't give a f*ck about Oscars, I just want to enjoy the movie which I hope will turn out to be awesome" option? :huh:

:holyshit:

Disco Chapel
3 hours ago, 666 others said:

Where is the "I don't give a f*ck about Oscars, I just want to enjoy the movie which I hope will turn out to be awesome" option? :huh:

I would love to but stll distracting. Maybe when the movie is out. We won’t give a single fk bout no awards

Archived