DJ White Shadow
ūüé§ Use code GAGAVEGAS at SeatGeek.com to get $20 off tickets ūüé§
news

A Star Is Born Trailer

Featured Posts

giskardsb
17 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

I feel like this is boiling down to another 3rd wave feminism movie about presenting the lead female as a perpetual victim of society. What happened to the Lady Gaga who wanted to do new and interesting things? I guess the saying Hollywood changes people is just too true. 

And this is what you call reading way too much into something with a background agenda LOL. 

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1

Tokyo Rose
2 minutes ago, giskardsb said:

And this is what you call reading way too much into something with a background agenda LOL. 

If I'm reading too much into it, it must be so bland of a concept that my own imagination is instinctively trying to fill in the gaps with SOMETHING..

This is feeling like something Amy Schumer would be in. Disappointingly boring coming from someone like Gaga.

• LMAO 1
  • Sad 2

doppelganger

I’ve seen the trailer 5 times. Gaga’s come a long way from Boiler Room and the Madonna SNL skit :trollga: You know what, I think Gaga is aware that she isn’t the most gifted actor. But I feel the labour of love and the astounding effort put into making this film work. The song is amazing and reminiscent of 90s power ballads, Bradley feels authentic as a performer and Gaga’s theatrical tendencies is pulled back significantly compared to her previous roles. 

This is what I love and respect about our girl. She’s not the most amazing actor, dancer or even songwriter. But she works hard, at times perceived as trying too hard. But she wouldn’t get Superbowl and ASIB without her extreme work ethic. 

Edited by doppelganger
  • Like 1

Whispering
8 minutes ago, Tokyo Rose said:

If I'm reading too much into it, it must be so bland of a concept that my own imagination is instinctively trying to fill in the gaps with SOMETHING..

This is feeling like something Amy Schumer would be in. Disappointingly boring coming from someone like Gaga.

Don't go see it.  

There, you won't be disappointed. 

• Like 5

Tokyo Rose
5 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Don't go see it.  

There, you won't be disappointed. 

Well don't worry, I probably won't even remember this exists tomorrow :giggle:

Adarsh Soni

Woah! There's way too much negativity in here. :emma: The comments section on youtube is far more positive than this. 

• Like 11
  • Sad 1

Jaime01
1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

Overall i think the trailer looks¬†great, although to me the ‚ÄúI just wanted to look at you‚ÄĚ scene is a bit cheesy. That‚Äôs not Gaga‚Äôs fault though.¬†

I disagree, I think it's romantic ode to Judy and Barbara. It's a scene that has become a tradition in the narrative it seems.

• Like 4

Lona Delery

Im very excited, the movie looks well-made and The Shallow sounds like a huge bop. Im afraid for Gaga's acting tho, that facial expression is not the tea and I hope thats only a bad exception

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride
  • Like 1

Gagadonna
28 minutes ago, Lona Delery said:

Im very excited, the movie looks well-made and The Shallow sounds like a huge bop. Im afraid for Gaga's acting tho, that facial expression is not the tea and I hope thats only a bad exception

Wait until you see the movie to make yourself an opinion :) I get what you mean, but I'll wait to see the entire thing before making my mind. 

Gagadonna
1 hour ago, Adarsh Soni said:

Woah! There's way too much negativity in here. :emma: The comments section on youtube is far more positive than this. 

Cause monsters can't appreciate anything she does. 

Did she know back then her fans would turn into actual monsters when she started calling them monsters? :huntyga:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 4

Why am I on GGD
3 hours ago, MonsterofFame said:

Looks like Gaga isn‚Äôt using ‚ÄúStefani Germanotta‚ÄĚ as her name in the credits. Was that just a rumor or did Gaga ever actually say that?

Also I wonder if this film inspired the country sound of Joanne, since it was worked on at a very close time to this movie and an odd change from the original sound of LG5.

Adarsh Soni
6 minutes ago, Gagadonna said:

Cause monsters can't appreciate anything she does. 

Did she know back then her fans would turn into actual monsters when she started calling them monsters? :huntyga:

I know right, and these people are commenting like they are film critics and acting coaches. I need a drink after reading these comments :toofunny:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

LastNight

It looks fantastic! The cinematography is amazing, there are some gorgeous shots in there and it's only the trailer. I'm surprised at how good Bradley sounds as a singer, I wasn't expecting that.

Gaga looks amazing. I'm so, so proud of her. Her acting looks great and she sounds incredible. I always struggle the first time I watch her in a new role because I'm so aware it's Gaga. I know so much about her, I'm anticipating seeing her and I'm very conscious that I'm watching her acting, which can spoil things. Same thing happened here, however on the next couple of watches all that melted away and I could tell that she's done a great job with this. Gaga really comes alive when she sings, so this is really the perfect role for her.

The movie looks great, she must be so happy. I can't wait to see it!

Edited by LastNight
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Aussie

Wow such a great trailer! It really does look good and the editing towards the end was top notch. Can't wait for the soundtrack!

• Like 1

Dayum

I thought it was good! Better than expected well I had none to begin with. :giggle: