Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Happened to ARTISTIC Male Stars?

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

A Hybrid
4 minutes ago, robboadam said:

Childish Gambino, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West, Chance the Rapper, Frank Ocean, Sampha, The Weeknd......

......all say ‘hi’.

This. Also I don't get why everyone on this site is obsessed with who dominates the industry. Just because they didn't make it chart topping big doesn't mean there aren't artistic men. Examples: Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys), Jack White, Royal Blood all have very interesting artistic visions

No family’s safe when I sashay

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SolidSnake
8 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

This. Also I don't get why everyone on this site is obsessed with who dominates the industry. Just because they didn't make it chart topping big doesn't mean there aren't artistic men. Examples: Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys), Jack White, Royal Blood all have very interesting artistic visions

Because most of the people on this website dont realize things exist outside of pop music and refuse to step outside of their comfort zone musically. 

LeJudas

Because talented people are pushed aside unless they're in a boyband or something equally generic

:bye:

...ıllıllı c h e r r y c h e r r y b o o m b o o m ıllıllı...

Fish
Just now, brizoda said:

Fischerspooner maybe

loool back from the dead

Damon

Olly Alexander, Troye Divan, The Weeknd and Brendon Urie are the shït

... and now i just sit in silence.

That J

I think what happened is for too long of a stretch we allowed laziness to be acceptable and now thats what most give us.  With social media and such around 24/7, the artist and public have forgotten one key ingredient to making a legend a true legend. 

Mystery. 

We know too much about our artists today, there's no mystery, there is a laziness that has swept the industry and until we expect more and stop supporting "just ok" type things, we will continue to get those things.  Why change if it pays the bills? 

The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than The Driver Of The Screw

That J
3 minutes ago, Antonoff said:

Olly Alexander, Troye Divan, The Weeknd and Brendon Urie are the shït

I love Olly!!!!  I enjoy rhe Weeknd too for the most part. 

That J
1 hour ago, SolidSnake said:

Calling BS on this one, today its easier than EVER to do that. When Bowie was popular homophobia was much more prevalent in society and if you know it, it defeats the purpose of this comment and no you didnt it was so much worse back in the day. Randolph Scott and Cary Grant couldnt even hang out together at their house without being called gay in the 50s.

Ya know, thats why I always have love for Culture Club. We are talking 1982, 83, 84 and their lead was a guy in full makeup, wigs, gay and good at it. It is quite interesting how they managed that back then.  

Anderson123

I used to think Adam Lambert had the potential to become one of those big artistic male performers and he's good but even though I LOVE his music, especially his debut album, I feel like he's inside this box where he only performs with Queen and hasn't really explored more out there. I don't know if it's his label holding him back or what but I'm sure he can do more. By the way I DO LOVE what he's doing with Queen but I also want to see more from him. 

bloody g

I feel like Kendrick Lamar had potential but he took the easy way with DAMN.

You truly have a point, but also what female artists are interesting nowadays? The more dull and dead you look the more chances to get a hit :ohwell:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Bio

Erhm... Kendrick, Kanye, Childish Gambino, Panic At The Disco, all have interesting concepts behind their videos, music and performances.

Archived