• Bad Romance
    • Telephone
    • Alejandro

Featured Posts

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still, to this day, wish Dance In The Dark was a single

Agreed. Honestly, I'll never understand why GaGa and Interscope didn't milk TFM for all its worth. It had so many potential singles. I've always felt that "DITD" and "So Happy I could Die" should have been released after Alejandro. They should have kept the era going. It was so damn successful. She was unstoppable at this time.

Personally, I would have waited to release "Bad Romance" in January of 2010, and then release the album a month or two later, with a promo single in between. I would have then released "Telephone" that May, since BR would have still been a hit. After this, I would have released either "Alejandro" or "So Happy I Could Die" in September. Either one would have done well during this time, I believe. Fast forward to January, I would have released the fan favorite, "DITD." I truly think this song would have been a big hit; It's so powerful and beautiful. After "DIDT" I would have finished off the era with "Speechless" or "Alejandro" perhaps, depending on the previous releases, of course. I think that by waiting to start TFM era in January the public would have had some time to breathe, as TF era was very successful and powerful in its own right. Spacing out the singles like this would have also forced GaGa to push back BTW, which would have been very beneficial, since the public would have had some breathing room, once again. It's a shame it didn't work out like this.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Gaga Medicine

I wish Monster was the fourth single...It would have been really successful and could have won the best dance/eletronic record grammy award cause critics were praising it like the best instrumental off the album.

Agreed. Honestly, I'll never understand why GaGa and Interscope didn't milk TFM for all its worth. It had so many potential singles. I've always felt that "DITD" and "So Happy I could Die" should have been released after Alejandro. They should have kept the era going. It was so damn successful. She was unstoppable at this time.

Personally, I would have waited to release "Bad Romance" in January of 2010, and then release the album a month or two later, with a promo single in between. I would have then released "Telephone" that May, since BR would have still been a hit. After this, I would have released either "Alejandro" or "So Happy I Could Die" in September. Either one would have done well during this time, I believe. Fast forward to January, I would have released the fan favorite, "DITD." I truly think this song would have been a big hit; It's so powerful and beautiful. After "DIDT" I would have finished off the era with "Speechless" or "Alejandro" perhaps, depending on the previous releases, of course. I think that by waiting to start TFM era in January the public would have had some time to breathe, as TF era was very successful and powerful in its own right. Spacing out the singles like this would have also forced GaGa to push back BTW, which would have been very beneficial, since the public would have had some breathing room, once again. It's a shame it didn't work out like this.

Tbh, I think Gaga didn't released DITD as a single because she realized how well received DITD was by the critcs, because of the Madonna/Bruce Springsteen references, and she wanted to make a better version of the song and the result was...Born This Way the song...Really, the two songs are very similar, specially the bridge and both have references to Madonna and Bruce Springsteen, but BTW is faster.Saddly, the Madonna/Bruce Springsteen references weren't well received like with DITD and we all know the story.That's my theory.She couldn't release both songs cause they were too similar...But, wait, I just remembered Bad Romance/Judas...So forget about it...

I agree that they should have used TFM more...

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish you were Gaga's conscience, because she could have milked the TFM more and had more hits. Oh well.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

I really wish you were Gaga's conscience, because she could have milked the TFM more and had more hits. Oh well.

Lol thanks. I wish this too, sometimes.

this is her most consistent album. there really aren't any bad lyrics here. it is her most poetic album, a lot of deep, metaphorical lyrics. 

• 3 weeks later...
Cameron Dallas

When you listen to the whole album nonstop you can really feel her emotion and that this album really is her. It's hard to explain, but it goes to show that an artist really can put themselves into their work

• 2 weeks later...
Wet Fire

It's really hard to find an album in which all the songs are good. TFM is just that. So is ARTPOP.

You'd know that a song is simply good when the covers sound one too. My love for this album, particularly over Bad Romance, has just been reinvigorated thanks to bumping up with this cover from 30 Seconds to Mars: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QWpTK1Q5n0

The Fame Monster Era was so amazing! Lots of nice memories. I became a Little Monster with this album.

Her voice,the lyrics,the melodies,the album artwork,the production-it's Gaga at her best :legend: I loved the dark theme.

I think she did the best performances in this Era. The whole image,the concept...all her ideas were iconic. The Grammy Performance is my favourite! :worship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_m0ab3952E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-2jznyL5eE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRxofVOgtRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfAaM57N0SA

Only a few of the greatest!

• 1 month later...
  • Admin unpinned this topic
  • Mills locked this topic

Archived