💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Is Gaga still popular with the GP in your country?

ARTPOP GAGA

Featured Posts

The Child
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

how am i being rude? :air: you just told me to learn to read :air: 

That wasn’t rude, I’m only responsible for what I say not for what you understand.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryanripley
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

That wasn’t rude, I’m only responsible for what I say not for what you understand.

it implies that i can't read which is insulting to my intelligence, of course it's rude :air: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

AlexanderMagno

Not at all. She hasn't been popular since Born This Way (and I'm talking about the first single).

The Child
Just now, ryanripley said:

it implies that i can't read which is insulting to my intelligence, of course it's rude :air: 

Everything is not meant to be taken literally. :selena:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

BBhomemaker
1 hour ago, ryanripley said:

PI peaked at number 1 and TC peaked at number 4 :huh: 

Nobody buy music in France it's so easy to have a #1 with a fanbase 

Also yes PI picked at #1 but also fell at 98 in the second week

BBhomemaker
27 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

that means the GP haven't forgotten about gaga since Applause :vegas: 

They do, last years months after the cure, my friend literally said to me that she thought she was over and that her superbowl was not good so that's why nobody talk about it, she didn't that the cure was by gaga

In france the GP don't care about any pop star but Rihanna (and I'm gentle)

ArtGagaPop
15 minutes ago, Widows Kiss said:

What do you think would have been a better lead single? I can only think of A-YO but Europe isn't into country at all.

MR or A-YO. I think both could gone top 10 in most markets if they were a lead single and represented the album much better then PI. I think A-yo could done ok in europe even with it's country influences, since its still a fun song and really catchy.

monketsharona

Not in France and the double cancellation of JWT won't help at all

monketsharona
2 minutes ago, ArtGagaPop said:

MR or A-YO. I think both could gone top 10 in most markets if they were a lead single and represented the album much better then PI. I think A-yo could done ok in europe even with it's country influences, since its still a fun song and really catchy.

Honestly I doubt, no country influenced songs are played in my country on mainstream radios. I get why Joanne flopped here, it is mainly targetting the USA

HiddenWeirdo

Hit or no hit.

Her name is known like the one of Madonna or Britney and THAT makes her popular forever :ohwell:

monketsharona
10 minutes ago, BBhomemaker said:

They do, last years months after the cure, my friend literally said to me that she thought she was over and that her superbowl was not good so that's why nobody talk about it, she didn't that the cure was by gaga

In france the GP don't care about any pop star but Rihanna (and I'm gentle)

The media are licking Beyoncé's ass too. And Katy Perry is still seen as a very cool artist.

France is also very friendly to Madonna when she releases something. I think I heard Ghost Town on NRJ more that I heard any recent Lady Gaga song 

TEANUS

Yes. MR and The Cure both had bigger potential than what they got in the US because the GP was into them, they both needed a more solid push from radio (mainly MR) and Gaga (mainly The Cure)

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Bloodyjack

I live in the UK she's not Exactly popular but as soon as you say her name everyone knows who your talking about. I think people mainly know her from the btw, TFM days

voidfigure
1 hour ago, Whale toungue said:

Million Reasons is huge here in Italy. PI did well the first two weeks but then just kind of... disappeared? I mean, my friends did not know Gaga had new music out, they were aware of million reasons but they just did not know who sang it. Joanne was basically non existent, except for the fans who actually bought the album.

I'm italian and some of my GP-oriented friends thought that Gaga stopped making albums in like 2011, but were happy to hear her again when Joanne came out. One of them (all straight guys!!) said that PI was one of her best songs since Applause and another one praised Angel Down. Another one loved her on Cheek to cheek.

Archived