Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
celeb

Kim K. slammed for promoting appetite suppressants

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

The reality TV star, who boasts 111 million followers on the social media platform, deleted a sponsored advertisement for appetite suppressant lollipops on Wednesday after facing criticism from those who called her "irresponsible" and "vile," but a few hours later, the post was live again.

A publicist for the "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" star did not immediately respond to ABC News' request for comment, and Kardashian West herself has yet to speak out about the controversy.

Kardashian West, 37, has been a spokeswoman for Flat Tummy Co. for months and has gushed online at least twice about the company's meal replacement program. However, when she posted an advertisement for Flat Tummy Co.'s appetite suppressant lollipops, calling them "literally unreal" and offering a discount, critics bashed her for promoting the product.

"You terrible and toxic influence on young girls," "The Good Place" actress Jameela Jamil tweeted about the post. "MAYBE don’t take appetite suppressors and eat enough to fuel your BRAIN and work hard and be successful. And to play with your kids. And to have fun with your friends. And to have something to say about your life at the end, other than 'I had a flat stomach.'"

She later went on to celebrate the ad's removal.

Source: https://www.yahoo.com/gma/kim-kardashian-west-slammed-promoting-appetite-suppressants-211303418--abc-news-celebrities.html

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sipthistea

Kim Kardashian embodies everything that's wrong with our society :bon:

Get you reputation tickets now

GypsyBabe

People like her need to understand the role of their voices in the world. She is promoting this lollipop that makes you “not hungry” to young girls who look up to her. It is unhealthy and irresponsible. 

⚯͛

PMKKARDASHiAN

God bless Kim because my fat ass eats enough for a small country so I'll take 10 suckers please 

:tony:

Curunir
4 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

People like her need to understand the role of their voices in the world. She is promoting this lollipop that makes you “not hungry” to young girls who look up to her. It is unhealthy and irresponsible. 

tbh if you're a parent and you let your kid look up to kim kardashian, then that's on you, not her

shame

good thing you get to choose who you look up to. if u think it's rational to do what a celebrity tells you to do, then there's probably something you should work out for yourself :ohwell:

angels forever, forever angels

GypsyBabe
9 minutes ago, Curunir said:

tbh if you're a parent and you let your kid look up to kim kardashian, then that's on you, not her

This is very true. But it's still irresponsible of her. She has every right to promote what she want's, however I think that she could take a second to realize the repercussions of her actions instead of just taking the money. :duck:

⚯͛

Knife

I bet you we won't catch her daughter with one of those things in her mouth. 

This woman would promote anything for a dollar. :usrs:

Catnikko

Idgi

what's wrong with her promoting that? Isn't that helpful to someone who wants to lose weight? Is it Kim's fault parents let their teen kids follow anything she promotes even if it might not be directed at them? i just don't get it :duck:

Dance in the shadow of the meow

Gonzi

Gahh I feel like everyone is overreacting. She didn't specifically say "omg buy this lollipop so you don't have to eat AT ALL throughout the day". It seems more like something to distract you in between meals from unnecessary cravings... a purpose covered by a lot of products that have been in the market and advertised for YEARS without any backlash included. :laughga:

Earthling
1 minute ago, Unbeweavable said:

Idgi

what's wrong with her promoting that? Isn't that helpful to someone who wants to lose weight? Is it Kim's fault parents let their teen kids follow anything she promotes even if it might not be directed at them? i just don't get it :duck:

because it instills the idea to girls that they should starve themselves in order to be skinny and accepted :selena:

*she switched baristas. ☕️

LUO YI

It would help me a lot bc I eat more than what I need :huntyga: I’ve tried many ways to make the stress go away but I’m feeling empty. 

The night sky tells all

Archived