💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Rita Ora apologizes over "Girls"

Jinzo

Featured Posts

PopMonstre

As a lesbian, I wasn't offended by the song per se, but it did really annoy me. I'm tired of my sexuality being fetishized and used to make money by men and by women who are not sapphic. I don't think Rita should have to explain herself and justify her own sexuality, but I do think this song is misguided and promotes harmful idea that sapphic women aren't truly sapphic, they just do what they do for men, or attention, or for fun, or because they're drunk. Same as I Kissed a Girl, except that song was made by a straight girl alone. I have had countless men continue to pursue me after I tell them I'm gay, after I tell them I have a girlfriend, after I tell them I'm engaged to said girlfriend. And they tell me they can change me, or I haven't tried it yet so how could I know, or my relationship isn't a valid one because I'm with another girl. It's scary to hear these things, it hurts a lot. Listening to this song (even though musically (not lyrically), it's a cute bop) made me think of those experiences. This is the case with many other sapphic women. Even though this is a mostly gay male space, I hope you guys can understand my, and many other sapphic women's point of view. It's not about SJW...it's about our identity being commodified while also being invalidated at the same time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
joemayzzin
11 minutes ago, PopMonstre said:

You sound like people who deny white privilege just because they have experienced hardships :saladga: People have differing experiences, it is how it is.

uhhhh i understand people have different experiences, that's life and i understand that but by me saying I'm a gay white male was directing no attention whatsoever to having "white privilege" (don't know why that is even being brought up) but i said that cause EVERYONE in the LGBTQ community goes through many different things in life regardless their gender, skin color or preferences because were labeled different. 

I'm not going to sit here and not deny that women and people of color go through far more horrible situations than i have in my life so i can't speak for them or know what they feel and i do think its totally unfair but for you say that i sound like one of those people who deny white privilege is totally arrogant on your part. 

PopMonstre
Just now, joemayzin said:

uhhhh i understand people have different experiences, that's life and i understand that but by me saying I'm a gay white male was directing no attention whatsoever to having "white privilege" (don't know why that is even being brought up) but i said that cause EVERYONE in the LGBTQ community goes through many different things in life regardless their gender, skin color or preferences because were labeled different. 

I'm not going to sit here and not deny that women and people of color go through far more horrible situations than i have in my life so i can't speak for them or know what they feel and i do think its totally unfair but for you say that i sound like one of those people who deny white privilege is totally arrogant on your part. 

I wasn't accusing you of BEING one of those people who deny white privilege. It was an analogy, a comparison. I assumed you would understand that. My apologies for not spelling it out in my first message I guess :saladga:

joemayzzin
Just now, PopMonstre said:

I wasn't accusing you of BEING one of those people who deny white privilege. It was an analogy, a comparison. I assumed you would understand that. My apologies for not spelling it out in my first message I guess :saladga:

not going to lie, it came off kinda aggressive reading it but i can be an adult myself and apologize for not understanding what you meant by that and will say you have valid points in the post above my last one. I do wish the industry wouldn't use the LGBT community for a fetishized profit and also understand how it is when woman won't say no to me because i tell them I'm gay and constantly try to hit on me and its a messed up world we live so sorry again that you have to experience it as well, glad we cleared that up though! 

PopMonstre
1 minute ago, joemayzin said:

not going to lie, it came off kinda aggressive reading it but i can be an adult myself and apologize for not understanding what you meant by that and will say you have valid points in the post above my last one. I do wish the industry wouldn't use the LGBT community for a fetishized profit and also understand how it is when woman won't say no to me because i tell them I'm gay and constantly try to hit on me and its a messed up world we live so sorry again that you have to experience it as well, glad we cleared that up though! 

Sorry I wasn't totally clear in my post! Glad we could come to an understanding, not every discussion on the internet has to end in a fight. :kara:Hopefully the straights of this world will leave us alone one day... :ladyhaha:

JesseBabe
12 hours ago, babyboo said:

Wait are u the one who's in a lot of satc clips comment section on YT?

Um... I don't think so. I never set up a YT channel to comment on videos. 

Archived