💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Who is the Most Overrated Artist in Music?

rumours

Featured Posts

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mythos

Everyone who hasn't written all they lyrics, played all the instruments, mixed everything, came up with the choreo and designed their own tour, created their own merch, did the design for the album etc, everything by themself, all the others are just fake and overrated.

BBhomemaker
20 minutes ago, Riley Benton said:

Listen to her speak. She can’t talk. She sounds special needs 

She always been shy and introvert she hate interviews, she's pretty quiet irl, that's doesn't make unintelligent or mentaly sick, a lot of people have struggles like that or are just naturally not extrovert and out speaking, saying that someone is unintelligent just cause she don't speak loud and have a big personality in front of stranger is just rude

we can't all be like loud as Cardi B or straight spoken as Ramsey

lolitamuse
4 hours ago, Smother Em Eh said:

Beyonce: Yes, she’s an amazing performer but so is Madonna, Britney, JLO, and Gaga. As for her artistry, she doesn’t even write any of her songs nor does she play any instruments. She really shouldn’t be responsible for her acclaim considering she just gets songs handed to her and sings them. Like Britney and Rihanna, she really is more of a Enterainer then an Artist.

Selena Gomez: She is the most overrated pop star ever tbh. Say what you want about Britney, but atleast Britney is a good performer, say what you want about Taylor or Miley but these two are quite talented and can put on a pretty good show. Selena has nothing going for her in the Music department, she really should just stick to full time acting. I’m not hating at all, but come on it’s true. There’s absolutely nothing that separates her from the others, she isn’t talented or even a decent performer either. She just makes generic trend hopping music and has a pretty face. 

Ed Sheeran: Average Voice, trend hopping sound. He also has been caught ripping off other Artists work, therefore he isn’t very original. 

I'm not trying to drag Taylor, honestly, but can you please show me a video in which she sounds good and put on a good show? Because I haven't ever seen one. She honestly can't sing, at all. 

Miley is mega talented, when she wants to be. 

Dukttape
23 hours ago, Bloody Grammys said:

The beatles they were overhyped by releasing the same song 50 times

Ok not really but lowkey they did

Are you strictly talking about the first few albums or

Mr S
12 hours ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I think it's important to make a distinction between "overrated" and "overhyped".

An overrated artist would be someone who is pretty mediocre, but is worshiped as though they're some sort of musical genius. In other words, the praise they receive is unwarranted. A perfect example of this would be Ed Sheeran -- average vocals, average to below average songwriting abilities, and yet the general public treats him like the Messiah :ohwell:

An overhyped artist can be brilliant, talented, amazing, etc., but they just receive way more attention than they should be getting. Beyonce falls into this category imo. While her artistry is debatable, her vocals and her performing abilities are second to none. But often times the praise she receives is just WAY out of proportion to what she delivers and sometimes it's just like, "we get it, she's great. Can we talk about something else? :triggered:" I enjoy Beyonce's music and her live performances (a lot, actually), but the minute I see everyone falling at her feet like she just cured cancer I can't help but cringe :madge: Anything that receives too much hype gets annoying after a while; it's only natural.

I don't disagree with the difference, but I would put Beyonce in the overrated group if Ed is gonna be there too. Both are actually talented. I'm pretty sure Ed gets dragged for his music. People buy it but critics don't actually call it great and he was even snubbed by the Grammys. I don't think Beyonce is "second to none' vocally. I can list plenty of singers better. Even today. (and no I wouldn't rank LG above her, so no this not a jealous LG stan) Yes her performing is incredible. Though so are others.

Mr S
47 minutes ago, Mythos said:

Everyone who hasn't written all they lyrics, played all the instruments, mixed everything, came up with the choreo and designed their own tour, created their own merch, did the design for the album etc, everything by themself, all the others are just fake and overrated.

If they pretend like they did, then yeah that would make them fake would it not? Rihanna doesn't write but she also doesn't pretend she does.

Mr S
15 hours ago, TylerBR97 said:

Also, the way everyone is defending Beyonce in this thread saying we are jealous is just a testament to the point others are trying to make. Beyonce has literally reached a point where anything and everything she does is right. If you criticise her, you're automatically considered ignorant, a racist, or jealous.

This is true too. Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Taylor, Drake can be dragged left an right. But for whatever reason, Beyonce is always a sensitive topic.

Imo Lorde is. I respect her talent in singing and songwriting, but I just can’t feel anything special from her and her music

There could be a 1000 doves in the sky...

DiscoStyx

Adele: I really like her songs but she doesn't even write them herself + she's a good singer but nowhere near exceptional like most people seem to think

Conclusion: she doesn't have that much talent and yet get praised each and everyday

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

somnambulist

I'm sorry but Lorde....

Great songwriting, pretty good voice, some good performances but her album was hailed as the second coming and has an insane metacritic score when I find it........forgettable at best. Does anybody still listen to it anymore? Will it age well? It was fun for a couple listens but I can't listen to it anymore. 

Also Drake, awful discography, I HATE that style of rap though, so....

Archived