Tidal accused of manipulating Kanye West and Beyoncé's numbers

DelusionalGaga

Featured Posts

ordinarynam1310
46 minutes ago, highlikegaga said:

i've got those "hundred million false plays" to listen awaaaay

but baby i just need one real one to stay

EDIT:

"Tidal claimed that West’s album The Life of Pablo had been streamed 250 million times in its first 10 days, and that Beyoncé’s album Lemonade garnered 306 million streams in its first 15 days. At the time, Tidal reported 3 million subscribers, meaning that every subscriber would have been playing the albums nearly a dozen times a day"

giphy.gif

EDIT EDIT:

"Midia Research analyst Mark Mulligan also said Tidal’s active subscriber count, based on its revenue, could not be higher than 1 million."

giphy.gif

Also, Beyonce needs to release Lemonade on Apple Music ASAP

Are they actually claimed those numbers :ladyhaha:

Like for real? :ladyhaha:

How foolish do they think we are? The platform is no where near as huge as Spotify or Apple Music. 250M streams even for a 16 tracks album in the first day already sounds fake

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yuuri

Even with those fake numbers, they couldn't come close to outpeaking Dope.:sis:

brit4ever

Billboard should stop counting Tidal towards the Hot 100 and RIAA should not count it for it's certifications. I bet the news get spread and the scammers get what they deserve. :classy: 

Also AP:

ALGAYDO

It’s sad that they felt the need to release fake numbers just to seem bigger and “better” than other artists. Which is ironic cause their whole campaign revolves around “being fair to all artists” lmao 

culturalbaptism

I always had the feeling Lemonade numbers were manipulated. But since she's my fave I didn't say anything.

beyonceairbnb.w190.h190.2x.jpg

Judas is coming. Let the cultural baptism begin.

Mr S

This won't affect Beyonce. She obviously benefitted but it's really Jay-Z who is the culprit as he is the face of Tidal.

Billboard should just stop counting them in their methodologies.

sipthistea

Why am I not surprised?

I like Beyoncé, but her success is pretty much staged at this point. Everything with her is an act. 

Borislshere

Highkey can’t wait for the streaming era to be over. Idk why they’d even bother doing this for Bey when her pure sales are amazing :saladga:

freebit

This is wild. I wonder if they're going to try to sweep this under the rug. It's a huge scandal, and calls into question how all streaming services are regulated. The streaming era is really no different to the old school radio era when it comes to potential for corruption. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss etc. 

PunkTheFunk

Payola?? Inflating streams?? I could not believe it :laughga:

On a more serious note, isn't this straight up fraud?

"All told, some 1.3 million accounts were supposedly used to lift the play counts. The result was payouts to the tune of $4 million to Sony between April and May 2016, with Lemonade -- released April 23rd, 2016 -- royalties taking up $2.5 million of that."

https://www.engadget.com/2018/05/09/tidal-allegedly-inflated-kanye-beyonce-streaming-numbers/

River

It's really serious, it's a fraud, it's corruption, they actually got royalties from this.. leave the charts position aside.. they literally stole money..

This is why artists shouldn't own any streaming platform..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived