💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What record was Gaga referring to when tweeting at Carly?

MonSwiftAnton

Featured Posts

Paper Gangsta

With a seventh week at the Hot 100's summit, Jepsen calls a piece of Hot 100 history her own, as "Maybe" tallies the longest reign for a song by a woman signed to Interscope Records. (Interscope chairman - and "American Idol" mentor the last two seasons - Jimmy Iovine launched the label in 1990.) The single passes Lady Gaga's "Born This Way," which ruled for six weeks last year. Among all Interscope acts, the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" leads with 14 weeks at No. 1 in 2009.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/480787/carly-rae-jepsens-call-me-maybe-spends-seventh-week-atop-hot-100

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jinzo
2 minutes ago, Torturo said:

With a seventh week at the Hot 100's summit, Jepsen calls a piece of Hot 100 history her own, as "Maybe" tallies the longest reign for a song by a woman signed to Interscope Records. (Interscope chairman - and "American Idol" mentor the last two seasons - Jimmy Iovine launched the label in 1990.) The single passes Lady Gaga's "Born This Way," which ruled for six weeks last year. Among all Interscope acts, the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" leads with 14 weeks at No. 1 in 2009.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/480787/carly-rae-jepsens-call-me-maybe-spends-seventh-week-atop-hot-100

tenor.gif?itemid=7921028

Taylorrgh
2 hours ago, Economy said:

Its record for most weeks at #1 of songs that debuted at #1 not most weeks at #1 overall

There's been songs at #1 way longer than that

To name a few:

I got a feeling: black eyed peas

Blurred Lines: Robin Thick

Despacito: ft Justin Bieber

There's many. Some have gone as long as 16 weeks

This is incorrect because Mariah's Fantasy Debuted at #1 and stayed there for 8 weeks.

Leeo

I swear to god... this is why people say that Little Monsters like to invent stuff. Look at the MESS .......... I died. I could swear it was something really real like "sales in a weed #1" or something but... ugh their mind.

Inferno
23 hours ago, DaftFameMonster said:

Pretty sure Mariah has held it for years

23 hours ago, MonsterAnton said:

But BTW wasn't even close of setting that record?

I thought it was referring to iTunes/digital specifically, she spent 6 weeks at #1 which back then was record breaking for like iTunes. She was soon surpassed by Carly and Taylor and a plethora of her contemporaries though.

The Z
22 hours ago, dit said:

That's also wrong cuz Umbrella by Rihanna was #1 for 7 weeks in 2007 and MANY other songs did more weeks in a single year like Beyonce's Baby Boy (9 weeks in 2003)also in the 10s many others have done more like Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling did 12 weeks #1 in one year as well and so did Boom Boom Pow which was #1 for 10 weeks in one year too. In fact even We Found Love & Rolling In The Deep did more weeks in 2011 than BTW. I'm confused by this "record" she is speaking of :deadbanana: 

To give u an idea here is a list of ALL hot 100 #1 songs in the US and the ammount of weeks they topped: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_number-one_singles

Maybe it's a radio record or something? 

They say Britney topped the chart two times in 2011, which is false isn't it? Or maybe they were referring to S&M? 

Leeo
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

They say Britney topped the chart two times in 2011, which is false isn't it? Or maybe they were referring to S&M? 

Yes, S&M is counts as a Britney #1

dit
1 minute ago, kevinsteve said:

Yes they are referring to S&M as she is credited as the official feature on that song due to the remix. It's a cheap way of topping a chart imo.

Mirages
23 hours ago, Economy said:

Its record for most weeks at #1 of songs that debuted at #1 not most weeks at #1 overall

There's been songs at #1 way longer than that

To name a few:

I got a feeling: black eyed peas

Blurred Lines: Robin Thick

Despacito: ft Justin Bieber

There's many. Some have gone as long as 16 weeks

Not you missing the OG 16 weeks number one One Sweet Day and song of the decade We Belong Together, but add that trash Despacito :grr:

I'm the bitch that's fragile

The Z
4 minutes ago, dit said:

Yes they are referring to S&M as she is credited as the official feature on that song due to the remix. It's a cheap way of topping a chart imo.

Gosh, YES it is. #nicki

It's not HER single. Telephone is GAGA's hit. Video Phone is BEYONCÉ's flop :ladyhaha:

Mariano
23 hours ago, MonsterAnton said:

But BTW wasn't even close of setting that record?

23 hours ago, Decidueye said:

She held that record back then with 6 weeks at #1 if I'm not mistaken 

:rip: 

Gaga held the record for Interscope (which isn't that bad, cuz it did have a lot of huge artists/still does), but yeah.

Pretty sure that was about Interscope Records and how Carly snatched Gaga's weave with Call me maybe for an artist signed to Interscope.

What a cute record 

Mariano

omg mess at nobody above me knowing the actual tea :rip:

It's most weeks at number 1 for an artist from Interscope Records :ladyhaha:

Archived