💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What record was Gaga referring to when tweeting at Carly?

MonSwiftAnton

Featured Posts

Economy
1 minute ago, MonsterAnton said:

Call me Maybe didn't debut at #1 though

On that case I don't know what she's referring to cuz Gaga hadn't broken any other hot 100 #1 records that I know of :huh:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jinzo
Just now, Wixson said:

Rolling in the Deep and We Found Love each spent more weeks at #1 + Call Me Maybe hit the top spot in 2012. 

I meant a record for the most weeks at #1 in a single year :deadbanana: and if it's not that then I'm lost

dit
4 minutes ago, Decidueye said:

I meant a record for the most weeks at #1 in a single year :deadbanana: and if it's not that then I'm lost

That's also wrong cuz Umbrella by Rihanna was #1 for 7 weeks in 2007 and MANY other songs did more weeks in a single year like Beyonce's Baby Boy (9 weeks in 2003)also in the 10s many others have done more like Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling did 12 weeks #1 in one year as well and so did Boom Boom Pow which was #1 for 10 weeks in one year too. In fact even We Found Love & Rolling In The Deep did more weeks in 2011 than BTW. I'm confused by this "record" she is speaking of :deadbanana: 

To give u an idea here is a list of ALL hot 100 #1 songs in the US and the ammount of weeks they topped: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_number-one_singles

Maybe it's a radio record or something? 

Jinzo
8 minutes ago, dit said:

That's also wrong cuz Umbrella by Rihanna was #1 for 7 weeks in 2007 and MANY other songs did more weeks in a single year like Beyonce's Baby Boy (9 weeks in 2003)also in the 10s many others have done more like Black Eyed Peas I Gotta Feeling did 12 weeks #1 in one year as well and so did Boom Boom Pow which was #1 for 10 weeks in one year too. In fact even We Found Love & Rolling In The Deep did more weeks in 2011 than BTW. I'm confused by this "record" she is speaking of :deadbanana: 

To give u an idea here is a list of ALL hot 100 #1 songs in the US and the ammount of weeks they topped: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_number-one_singles

Maybe it's a radio record or something? 

I'm so confused.. This bitch is a pathological liar :deadbanana:

So yeah she must be referring to a radio record, so basically she was pressed over the pettiest thing ever. 

dit
1 minute ago, ilgkp said:

I think it was a sarcastic joke

Well of course she was joking but there was some sort of record she was referring to. We just don't know what it is lol. I'm thinking it is radio related.

dit
12 minutes ago, Decidueye said:

I'm so confused.. This bitch is a pathological liar :deadbanana:

So yeah she must be referring to a radio record, so basically she was pressed over the pettiest thing ever. 

@MonsterAnton

omg I think I remember the record yall!!! I think it was like "highest sales in a single week for a song by a female artist". I think Born This Way held that record for it's debut week until Call Me Maybe snatched that sometime in one of it's weeks on top. 

Dadaga
52 minutes ago, Economy said:

Its record for most weeks at #1 of songs that debuted at #1 not most weeks at #1 overall

There's been songs at #1 way longer than that

To name a few:

I got a feeling: black eyed peas

Blurred Lines: Robin Thick

Despacito: ft Justin Bieber

There's many. Some have gone as long as 16 weeks

54 minutes ago, Decidueye said:

True, what was she talking about then :rip:

56 minutes ago, DaftFameMonster said:

Pretty sure Mariah has held it for years

Nope, she is talking about Interscope. Both of them are under Interscope and up until Carly Gaga was the Interscope artist with most weeks #1

dit
1 minute ago, Dadaga said:

Nope, she is talking about Interscope. Both of them are under Interscope and up until Carly Gaga was the Interscope artist with most weeks #1

Interscope female artist with most weeks I'm assuming cuz Eminem just had a 7 week #1 with Love The Way You Lie the year before.

Paper Gangsta

just female artist

Jinzo
1 minute ago, Torturo said:

It was Interscope artists record

Oh okay so it was a petty record indeed. 

Archived