💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Music Critic talks about R. Kelly and ARTPOP

corvus albus

Featured Posts

Chamaquito

I should probably feel guilty for this. But, I still think DWUW is one of Gaga's best song ever. With R. Kelly in it:trollga:

I’m actually nice.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nemo
26 minutes ago, Devyn said:

I wasn’t even aware of the “you’re going to be pregnant” scene :saladga:

please let that be a rumor. 

Yeah, there's nothing to be aware of, it's pure TMZ invention (or misinterpretation). It's not supported by the clips they played, nor does it make any sense.

They have, uh, extremely dirty minds on TMZ, and I think they wanted (consciously or sub-) to make the video out to be something worse than it was. What bothers me is that so many people took them seriously.

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, LittleMonster20 said:

I don’t care about Gaga collaborating with R.Kelly.Gaga just thought his voice suited the track(which it did),thus collaborating on the song with him.It’s not that big of a deal.

Nnnn going by this logic, people should also be  okay with artists collaborating with Nazis and Racists as long as they’re talented :ladyhaha:

1 hour ago, sipthistea said:

3. Gaga wasn't in her best state of mind when she created ARTPOP. She was high all the time, and that's why the album is so messy. She didn't make good decisions. 

I don't know why I feel the need to say this but this makes me sad.  Like, I believe you, which makes me sad :noparty:

Yuuri
1 hour ago, LittleMonster20 said:

I don’t care about Gaga collaborating with R.Kelly.Gaga just thought his voice suited the track(which it did),thus collaborating on the song with him.It’s not that big of a deal.

I think his voice really fits the song, but too bad the baggage he carries with him. Only other male artists that would fit the song would be JB (lyrically, not vocally), and of course the "make radios play this version of the song with Xtina".

Epione

Why this **** is starting to haunt us just couple months before ASIB storm and her new music? :awkney: 

Awdeel

On my opinion : The lyrics of DWUW feat. Christina (My bones hurt...) are more beautiful to ear because Gaga wrote it than the lyrics of R. Kelly (early morning, longer nights).

Inferno
2 hours ago, Epione said:

Why this **** is starting to haunt us just couple months before ASIB storm and her new music? :awkney: 

Thats not coincidental imo. I personally theorize that the pop music industry is a messy ass place filled with corruption and dirty politics and whoever doesn't want Gaga to succeed throws wrenches like this in the cogs before a release to try and dissuade the public from reigniting the phenomenon that she was years ago. Theres no reason that this random instance of problematic truth would normally be brought out of the blue like this other than someone knows shes releasing and seeped this back into public consciousness on purpose to stir up some negative press. And I say this only because you look at how problematic other artists are yet it doesn't affect them and the information is quickly shoved aside, but somehow with Gaga its purposefully kept at the center of attention and used against her.

Ryusei

dont forget about DWUW solo version sistrens another alternative 

Musery

corvus albus
6 hours ago, Inferno said:

Thats not coincidental imo. I personally theorize that the pop music industry is a messy ass place filled with corruption and dirty politics and whoever doesn't want Gaga to succeed throws wrenches like this in the cogs before a release to try and dissuade the public from reigniting the phenomenon that she was years ago. Theres no reason that this random instance of problematic truth would normally be brought out of the blue like this other than someone knows shes releasing and seeped this back into public consciousness on purpose to stir up some negative press. And I say this only because you look at how problematic other artists are yet it doesn't affect them and the information is quickly shoved aside, but somehow with Gaga its purposefully kept at the center of attention and used against her.

This guy isn't trying to sabotage Gaga's next project. He's a real fan of her. It's just that he talked lately about a lot of people who are problematic like Kanye and R. Kelly. This thread started more out of: "While we're at the subject".

Bebe

I don't actually think Gaga was trying to draw an "analogy between invasive media coverage and literal rape" by enlisting R. Kelly.... I think the idea was to bring together two other artists that she feels have been victimised and misrepresented by the media (R.Kelly and Terry) and create a video that confronted and ultimately ridiculed the media representations of those three.

Gaga going in for hip surgery with R.Kelly the doctor and Terry filming it, starting off as if it's going to be some kind of soft ****o like a video by Terry might suggest, with R.Kelly seemingly being touchy with her as his reputation might suggest, Gaga not really in pain as rumors suggested. But then it reveals that R.Kelly is actually helping and supporting her, Gaga has been suffering and Terry is having fun with Gaga as she poses and smiles for his pictures.

That's what I got from the clips that did leak. Gaga moaning with R.Kelly but then it being revealed he is checking for pain, Gaga all smiles in the operating table but then also real clips of her throwing up and in her wheelchair, Gaga and R.Kelly doing physio/working out with each other, Terry actually in some of the shots smiling and taking photos while Gaga twirls for him.

That's not much of a defence though, I don't think Gaga should have associated with either of those two. The fact she did is an enormous and unfortunate stain on her reputation and legacy. I think both R.Kelly and Terry Richardson are some of the most horrible predators in the industry and it's inexcusable and embarrassing that Gaga gave them a platform.

I think, unfortunately, Gaga thought she was doing the right thing and genuinely believed the media tarnished R.Kelly's reputation and that the allegations were proven false. I think she genuinely believed that Terry was innocent and that at worst, because his work was provocative, unbeknownst to Terry his models hadn't properly read what they were signing up for and their agents hadn't explained what the plan of the shoot was. I'm sure, since she is a powerful woman and was in a powerful position, Terry and R.Kelly treated her with respect. Unfortunately I don't believe they treated other women with much respect at all.

Frankenztein

Although I believe she means well, Gaga has proven to be astonishingly naive and blind about the people she has chosen to have around her multiple times.

She insisted on a certain celebrity blogger who-shall-not-be-named being a great friend for years before that blew up in her face. Just like she insisted on continuing her work with Richardson. She has a habit of believing that abusive people are just misunderstood and she can help them.

That's why she said in interviews that she felt connected to R. Kelly, because the media has attacked him, like "Poor R. Kelly the media hurt this alleged sexual abusers feelings". It's one of her worst personality traits imo. Considering her personal experiences in the industry you'd think she's be smarter on this issue, but I guess that's why she's distanced herself, and didn't play his part of the track at the artRAVE. 

AddMeOnMYSPACE

Hmm I wonder if we’re gonna crucify Bruno Mars too. :saladga:

but honestly I have a feeling this is gonna effect gaga’s Shine during the awards season. Thank god she never released that music video! Idk what she was even thinking. If she wants to get on everyone’s good side, I think she should re-record dwuw as a solo (or the remix). And swap them out on the official album. 

Edonis
17 minutes ago, AddMeOnMYSPACE said:

Hmm I wonder if we’re gonna crucify Bruno Mars too. :saladga:

but honestly I have a feeling this is gonna effect gaga’s Shine during the awards season. Thank god she never released that music video! Idk what she was even thinking. If she wants to get on everyone’s good side, I think she should re-record dwuw as a solo (or the remix). And swap them out on the official album. 

I honestly think this kind of stuff is going to be brought up again during ASIB and if/when she or the film is nominated for something. I sincerely hope she tackles the issue head-on if asked, and answers from an honest place. I can imagine some social media backlash regardless, but I think she can pull through. 

Earthling
1 hour ago, Fable said:

I don't actually think Gaga was trying to draw an "analogy between invasive media coverage and literal rape" by enlisting R. Kelly.... I think the idea was to bring together two other artists that she feels have been victimised and misrepresented by the media (R.Kelly and Terry) and create a video that confronted and ultimately ridiculed the media representations of those three.

Gaga going in for hip surgery with R.Kelly the doctor and Terry filming it, starting off as if it's going to be some kind of soft ****o like a video by Terry might suggest, with R.Kelly seemingly being touchy with her as his reputation might suggest, Gaga not really in pain as rumors suggested. But then it reveals that R.Kelly is actually helping and supporting her, Gaga has been suffering and Terry is having fun with Gaga as she poses and smiles for his pictures.

That's what I got from the clips that did leak. Gaga moaning with R.Kelly but then it being revealed he is checking for pain, Gaga all smiles in the operating table but then also real clips of her throwing up and in her wheelchair, Gaga and R.Kelly doing physio/working out with each other, Terry actually in some of the shots smiling and taking photos while Gaga twirls for him.

That's not much of a defence though, I don't think Gaga should have associated with either of those two. The fact she did is an enormous and unfortunate stain on her reputation and legacy. I think both R.Kelly and Terry Richardson are some of the most horrible predators in the industry and it's inexcusable and embarrassing that Gaga gave them a platform.

I think, unfortunately, Gaga thought she was doing the right thing and genuinely believed the media tarnished R.Kelly's reputation and that the allegations were proven false. I think she genuinely believed that Terry was innocent and that at worst, because his work was provocative, unbeknownst to Terry his models hadn't properly read what they were signing up for and their agents hadn't explained what the plan of the shoot was. I'm sure, since she is a powerful woman and was in a powerful position, Terry and R.Kelly treated her with respect. Unfortunately I don't believe they treated other women with much respect at all.

That's such a great interpretation of the original mv concept. We'll probably never know what the complete video would have been but I think your idea really fits nicely. Too bad as you said, that Kelly and Richardson aren't the misunderstood innocents that Gaga wanted to believe. 

*she switched baristas. ☕

Archived