Your Song  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is The Best

• Gaga
    • Ellie
    • Elton

Featured Posts

chiuga

Elton’s Version was a heartfelt and sincere cute little love song that’s a classic.

Gaga’s vocal injected new life into a song that someone wrote 40 years ago and made it her own. The way she sang it made me feel like she’s been through a lot in life and sounds sooo convincing and genuine.

i feel nothing listening to Ellie’s version. It’s a song in Ellie’s voice, that’s it lol

Pianosavant

Bernie Taupin was 17 when he wrote the lyrics to Your Song and Elton was 20 when he put the music to it. It took Elton only 20 minutes to write Your Song. He’s truly a benemoth of a songwriter. Elton’s was very innocent because they were so young when they composed it, but Gaga brought life experience into the song, and also she really sang and belted her version, Elton’s is much more demure. Ellie’s puts too much of a pop turn on it for me. She changed the musical structure of a song whose musical structure is sublime. 

FLP13

I like all versions of this song but let’s not fool ourselves, the Moulin Rouge version was by far the best. 

BeIIadonna

Why are you asking a Gaga site if Gaga's, Ellies or Eltons is better :selena: 

Archived