💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why wasn’t Born This Way explicit?

whore

Featured Posts

whore

Why wasn’t an explicit version of Born This Way released? It wouldn’t have been her first explicit album, when she says “sh*t” on “Paparazzi,” “Beautiful Dirty Rich,” and “Paper Gangsta,” “b*tch” on “Bad Romance” and “Dance In The Dark,” and “f*ck” on “Monster” 

So why is it that these same words are censored on “Government Hooker,” “Bad Kids,” and “The Queen,” but not “Scheiße?” 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creyk

She was a family friendly act back then, it would have hurt her reputation, and her sales.

CurlyBeauty

i think it was for btw was a message giving album so people to do not misunderstood

epione free

Supersonic
8 minutes ago, Possibly Maybe said:

Why wasn’t an explicit version of Born This Way released? It wouldn’t have been her first explicit album, when she says “sh*t” on “Paparazzi,” “Beautiful Dirty Rich,” and “Paper Gangsta,” “b*tch” on “Bad Romance” and “Dance In The Dark,” and “f*ck” on “Monster” 

So why is it that these same words are censored on “Government Hooker,” “Bad Kids,” and “The Queen,” but not “Scheiße?” 

There's like a set amount of swear words ARE allowed in songs without the album getting an "explicit lyrics" tag. I think Gaga said she tried to get away with as much as she could and then compromised on the rest, because she didn't wanna have 4 different versions of Born This Way floating around since it already came in two different versions by design.

Walmart for example only sells albums without the explicit lyrics tag.

ryanripley
11 minutes ago, Creyk said:

She was a family friendly act back then, it would have hurt her reputation, and her sales.

yes the disco stick was very family friendly 

OT: i was gunna make this thread lmaooo its always bothered me how Bad Kids was censored and the song is about being bad :rip:

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Italian

I don't remember where I know that from, but I think explicit Government Hooker doesn't exist, the beeps were intentional

ThisGuyTony

Wasn't there a rumor that she didn't want the "Explicit Lyrics" sticker ruining her album artworks? Or am I confusing her with someone else? :duck:

Damon
2 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

Wasn't there a rumor that she didn't want the "Explicit Lyrics" sticker ruining her album artworks? Or am I confusing her with someone else? :duck:

i hate thooose

... and now i just sit in silence.

TEETHTEETH

Censorship ruins art. 

But if you’re working against the system I would’ve done exactly what she chose to do. Get away with as much as you can and say what you want without “explicitly” saying it. 

Definietly prefer just to be blunt but some people can’t handle that I guess

IAmNotHere1997

Albums with Parental Advisory sticker are banned in certain countries, so that is affecting sales.

ryanripley
1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

couldn't she just have them on the jewel case so they can be removed?

Maleficent
10 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

couldn't she just have them on the jewel case so they can be removed?

But not on digital artwork. 

1 hour ago, ThisGuyTony said:

But i think this was about Madonna's Rebel Heart (she tried to fight it because the tag was pretty jarring on the White/Red Sweater album cover, but she lost) 

Born To Slay
1 hour ago, Creyk said:

She was less family friendly back then 

ryanripley
7 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

But not on digital artwork. 

you can just replace it with one without it lol

Tom Nook

I always thought Goverment Hooker had those censored bleeps as a nod to government censorship and the FCC but I don’t know why others got a radio friendly edit :poot: 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Archived