Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga confirms 2012 single release + other news

Americano

Featured Posts

Ricardo

isn't it weird since she is not attending the vma, I don't like this no promoting idea

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mister G

Gaga was overexposed in 2011 which caused a lot of people to lose faith in her. People were getting tired of the theatrics. The singles were rushed and the release of Judas--despite showing her not being afraid to push the envelope--left a sour taste in many peoples' mouths. I feel like an album released in 2013 is good because it shows that she not doing what her contemporaries do which is release an album a year or year and a half apart. It'll give people a chance to kind of take a break from her and then get back into her with new material she plans on releasing.

To me it seems as though she's using the same approach she used for The Fame Monster--very secretive, underground vibe and leaves people guessing what she's going to do next. The reason why I say that is because that album came out randomly (by randomly I mean that it kind of just came out of left field and blew everyone away) and then she went on tour to promote TFM. Why monopolize your stance in the music industry with another year of overexposure?? With The Fame Monster, we got her in bits & pieces--installments rather. With Born This Way, we got something from her every 3 months and sometimes that can be tiring to people especially if it comes off as rushed (i.e. The Edge of Glory music video, and singles released 3 months apart).

It's best if she just releases her perfume, finishes the Born This Way Ball Tour, and then focus on the next era. She's being smart about these things. To me, Born This Way as an era was a test not just to her fanbase but also the general public to see where she stood with the crowd. She gained some new fans while losing some old ones and faced heavy criticism for many things the last year. She showcased her vocal talent and it shows in each of the 17 tracks on the album; but realistically out of the 17 songs only about 6-8 are even close to being radio friendly. Granted, her theatrics, antics, whatever you wanna call them are what make her Gaga and that's what sets her apart. 2013, and hopefully the Spring, would be a smart move; by then she would have no competition as far as contemporaries releasing music and could snatch all the gold for herself.

lairofhk

Where did I say "She should rush out 3 songs"?

Single

Video

WAIT

Single

Video

WAIT

Single

Video

WAIT

Then the album. She'd have 3 #1 singles before she even released the album.

According to sources, she would release the lead single late this year, and then the album before spring. So if you're going to have 3 singles released in a 3-4 month period, that kinda seems like a lot to me.

aaronyoji

She said in theaters about the Terry Richardson movie I'm pretty sure, but no concert movie

maybe she was referring to her machete premier. i dont think a fashion photographer with a camera following her aorund would qualify for a theatre release, plus she swears a lot smokes weed and gets naked, not exactly what sponsors want to promote lol. "this aint ur grandma's musician documentary....oh

sorry madge...."

stricklandbanks

According to sources, she would release the lead single late this year, and then the album before spring. So if you're going to have 3 singles released in a 3-4 month period, that kinda seems like a lot to me.

I'm talking hypothetically. Why are you being difficult?

Americano

isn't it weird since she is not attending the vma, I don't like this no promoting idea

She probably wont have a single out until after the VMAs

lairofhk

I'm talking hypothetically. Why are you being difficult?

Umm...'being difficult' in your world is called 'disagreement' or 'difference of opinions' in most other people's worlds...I'm sorry I don't have the exact same opinion as you do. I just think releasing 3 singles before an album release is not a smart idea, especially after all the backlash she received last year with Born This Way. That's all I'm saying.

stricklandbanks

Umm...'being difficult' in your world is called 'disagreement' or 'difference of opinions' in most other people's worlds...I'm sorry I don't have the exact same opinion as you do. I just think releasing 3 singles before an album release is not a smart idea, especially after all the backlash she received last year with Born This Way. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not disagreeing at all. I implied that Gaga should release 3 singles before an album, and you start arguing against my hypothetical idea with irrelevant things by implying time constraints I didn't even mention.

I'm trying not to be rude here, but you're making it hard. Read my posts again. I didn't say anything about a supposed release date or any dates at all.

lairofhk

I'm not disagreeing at all. I implied that Gaga should release 3 singles before an album, and you start arguing against my hypothetical idea with irrelevant things by implying time constraints I didn't even mention.

I'm trying not to be rude here, but you're making it hard. Read my posts again. I didn't say anything about a supposed release date or any dates at all.

-_________-

Ok, YOU didn't say anything about a supposed release date, but um, Gaga did. I'm not just pulling that out of nowhere. So, given what we already know (lead single comes out late 2012, album comes out early 2013), your 'hypothetical' idea would mean that 3 singles releasing before the album releases would make them feel very rushed. And I'm just saying, you asking me if I'm 'insane' for saying what I initially said isn't really the best way to respond to someone. There, I'm done.

Arturo

Yeah. 2 singles will be enough to hold us off :)

Single 1: October

Single 2: December

Album: January

stricklandbanks

-_________-

Ok, YOU didn't say anything about a supposed release date, but um, Gaga did. I'm not just pulling that out of nowhere. So, given what we already know (lead single comes out late 2012, album comes out early 2013), your 'hypothetical' idea would mean that 3 singles releasing before the album releases would make them feel very rushed. And I'm just saying, you asking me if I'm 'insane' for saying what I initially said isn't really the best way to respond to someone. There, I'm done.

You're just making yourself look like an idiot. I'm saying what Gaga should do. I'm not saying it's what could happen. In my world the album wouldn't come out early 2013. If it was up to me this is how it would work. I'm not suggesting she should do it now. For ****s sake get over yourself.

lairofhk

You're just making yourself look like an idiot. I'm saying what Gaga should do. I'm not saying it's what could happen. In my world the album wouldn't come out early 2013. If it was up to me this is how it would work. I'm not suggesting she should do it now. For ****s sake get over yourself.

Angry now, are we? If you paid any attention to what happened last year with BTW, you wouldn't have that 'hypothetical' little schedule of yours. It's a bad idea, period. I'm really sorry I don't agree with you.

Archived