💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

How would you group Gaga's singles by successfulness?

KatieJudasGaga4

Featured Posts

IAmNotHere1997

Judas was more succesful than MR outside USA. I remember Judas was still inside the airplay charts from my country in like September 2011, while MR.......:icega:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ArtGagaPop

Group 1, smashes: Bad romance, Just dance, Poker face. I feel like these are her signature hits and she will forever peform them at tours etc and they will always have radio play. :firega:

Group 2, big hits: The edge of glory, Alejandro, Born this way, Telephone, and Paparazzi. These were all extremly big songs and i still hear most of them on radio daily. But the gp will prob always think of the songs above before these. 

Group 3, hits: Applause, Million reasons, You and i and Lovegame. All these were also big hits somewhere but they were all somewhat local to the US and lacked the world wide succes the songs above have. Million reasons will probably always be rembered thanks to making it to the superbowl setlist. :tony:

Group 4, moderate Hits: DWUW, The cure, Judas and Marry the night. All great songs and they all had somewhat decent charting but they lacked the succes of the songs above for diffrent reasons like DWUW and the cure not getting a music video, Marry the night being the 5th single of an already overpromoted era and Judas religous lyrics and video. 

Group 5, the flops: G.U.Y and PI. It's obvious why these songs are here. :triggered:

ArtGagaPop
On 2018-04-17 at 3:40 AM, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

THANK YOU! Also, Judas did debut at #10 in the US, it was highest hot shot debut and reach #1 in Digital Sales and was the biggest song with the most sales that week, so it did decent in the US.

On 2018-04-17 at 8:19 AM, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Not really, with the explanations I put, it was a big hit outside the US, and did decent in the US. It peaked higher than The Edge of Glory in some countries.

The thing with Judas is that it had high debuts almost everywhere over the world in the top 10 but then quickly went down in the charts in most countries. Compared to the singles before the song it was a major underpeformance and that fact that Million reasons, a song released in 2016 when the digital sales are almost dead outsold the song just shows how poorly judas did, especially in the US. Just because it had high peaks doens't mean it did amazing, for example the song debuted #6 in my country and outpeaked TEOG but it went outside top 20 the week after that and i have never heard the song on the radio while i hear TEOG to this day on radio daily. The only thing Judas had succes in was it's music video but other then that it was a big underpeformance at the time. 

Wixson
3 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I was talking about that Judas is her closest single in the US to reach one million and it sold 3 million worldwide. My little mistake...Also, so what if it was certified with its streams? That means a quite of few people listen to the song? Is anything wrong with a song getting certifed because of the help of streams? That doesn't sound like a flop to me. Bad Romance, Just Dance, and Poker Face are certified Diamond (Just Dance is so close) with a little help of sales...difference? 

Why do you still sound like you're trying to pick a fight? :sweat: I never said anything negative regarding the whole situation - I said: "streams saved it" aka without them, it wouldn't even be platinum and this way it's 2x platinum, which I'm grateful for because I love the song.

TEANUS

Signature Songs - #1 WW, Tour Staples

1. Poker Face

2. Bad Romance

3. Just Dance

4. Born This Way

Classics - Top Positions Worldwide, Easily Recognizable

5. Telephone

6. Applause

7. Alejandro

8. The Edge of Glory

9. Paparazzi