đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
rumor

Thoughts?

Frivolero

Featured Posts

SwissMonster
9 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Wish people would stop thinking there's even a slight possibility of Gaga releasing a brand new album AND a soundtrack album just a few months apart. 

It's not realistic.

Why are y’all acting that a soundtrack is THAT big :sweat: And it’s not her soundtrack!

1. There are other artists the Gaga on it

2. Its more about the movie then the soundtrack. Who apart us and maybe some lost GP-people will buy a Soundtrack. 

I mean look. Mama Mia was truly a huge movie with a huge soundtrack for a movie. But in the end the soundtrack was 0 promoted like I litteraly heard NOTHING about it until I saw it as a CD in store.

I begin asking myself who is more delulu people thinking LG6 will come or people thinking ASIB will be huge.

SwissMonster®️ - Creating controversy since 1999

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Benji
8 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

Why are y’all acting that a soundtrack is THAT big :sweat: And it’s not her soundtrack!

2. Its more about the movie then the soundtrack. Who apart us and maybe some lost GP-people will buy a Soundtrack. 

I mean look. Mama Mia was truly a huge movie with a huge soundtrack for a movie. But in the end the soundtrack was 0 promoted like I litteraly heard NOTHING about it until I saw it as a CD in store.

I begin asking myself who is more delulu people thinking LG6 will come or people thinking ASIB will be huge.

All the Fifty Shades soundtracks spawned hits, The Gatsby soundtrack, even the Hunger Games soundtracks spawned hits... it’s not a far reach to say they’ll promote a soundtrack these days, especially if Gaga is making pop songs for it :emma: Heal Me sounds like it could be a bop, it could be a promotional single.

SwissMonster
8 minutes ago, Benji said:

All the Fifty Shades soundtracks spawned hits, The Gatsby soundtrack, even the Hunger Games soundtracks spawned hits... it’s not a far reach to say they’ll promote a soundtrack these days, especially if Gaga is making pop songs for it :emma: Heal Me sounds like it could be a bop, it could be a promotional single.

I was referring to Gaga and her schedule! Yes maybe the soundtrack will sell well. But why should this impact Gaga?! 

You are taking the fifty shades album as an example. You do know that all/most of this songs feature on the artists solo albums too? :trollga: So in theory you just gave one more reason that LG6 could come :lolga:

Benji
2 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

I was referring to Gaga and her schedule! Yes maybe the soundtrack will sell well. But why should this impact Gaga?! 

You are taking the fifty shades album as an example. You do know that all/most of this songs feature on the artists solo albums too? :trollga: So in theory you just gave one more reason that LG6 could come :lolga:

I wasn’t referring to her schedule but I don’t see why she couldn’t promote a single from a soundtrack and then transition into starting an album era... whatever gets us more Gaga music I’m happy with :ladyhaha:

If anything, I think promoting a single and then starting an album era makes sense since she will probably be fairly quiet once she goes to Vegas.  Might as well go ham and promote like crazy since there will be a lot of media downtime after.

SwissMonster
3 minutes ago, Benji said:

I wasn’t referring to her schedule but I don’t see why she couldn’t promote a single from a soundtrack and then transition into starting an album era... whatever gets us more Gaga music I’m happy with :ladyhaha:

If anything, I think promoting a single and then starting an album era makes sense since she will probably be fairly quiet once she goes to Vegas.  Might as well go ham and promote like crazy since there will be a lot of media downtime after.

Well on that point I totally agree with you. It’s even what I said earlier in this thread that a album era would be intelligent!

FentyGa
3 hours ago, ryanripley said:

how is C2C questionable when it saved her life and career? :poot:

we wouldn't even have a 6th album to debate rumours on if C2C never happened :poot:

Of course, it was good for her career and life, I just meant sonically:poot:

I mean I personally am not a fan:selena:

Cheek To Cheek the song is a bop tho

giphy.gif

jaXXXon
4 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

ASIB is a MUSICAL and most of the songs are Gaga's since she's got the lead role. OF COURSE the album will be filled with her songs. 

Logic: It's an album filled with her songs. You think they won't promote it? 

jaXXXon
6 hours ago, DreamingMonster said:

This is a movie. Not a music project! That means that there will be some interviews and that's it. I can't remember that la la land and the greatest showman had something like singles...

Don't compare ASIB soundtrack where an actual pop star has the lead role to La La Land or The Greatest Showman. Compare ASIB to The Bodyguard or Purple Rain - movies about pop stars. And all those had singles and were considered a full-blown era. 

SwissMonster
3 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

ASIB is a MUSICAL and most of the songs are Gaga's since she's got the lead role. OF COURSE the album will be filled with her songs. 

Logic: It's an album filled with her songs. You think they won't promote it? 

They will promote it a bit in the US, you will see. I bet she will not do a huge promotion.

As I said, they didn’t promote Mama Mia Soundtrack at all and it’s a Musical too, from a very well known group. Maybe there will be one hit wich she will promote at one or two talkshows in the US but i bet what you want that in Europe 95% will not even know that there is a movie with her :sweat:

DonnieDarko
7 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

What other artists are going to be on the soundtrack apart from Cooper on (as rumoured) on three songs? The latest on this was that Gaga is singing all but one songs on the soundtrack. Not saying that it’s anything confirmed but we have no idea how it’s gonna play out and I would not downplay the role of the soundtrack just yet as it is a movie about a singer who is  going from zero to mainstream and music, songs will play the most important part of this whole thing unlike with other soundtracks released with movies recently.

DonnieDarko
9 minutes ago, SwissMonster said:

They will promote it a bit in the US, you will see. I bet she will not do a huge promotion.

As I said, they didn’t promote Mama Mia Soundtrack at all and it’s a Musical too, from a very well known group. Maybe there will be one hit wich she will promote at one or two talkshows in the US but i bet what you want that in Europe 95% will not even know that there is a movie with her :sweat:

Gaga is playing a pop singer in the movie. It’s not like Mamma Mia or any other recent movie/soundtrack situation. The last one was Bodyguard and we all know how important, big and promoted the soundtrack was. It also spawned a huge hit single. Let’s just wait and see before we make any asumptions.

SwissMonster
5 minutes ago, DonnieDarko said:

Gaga is playing a pop singer in the movie. It’s not like Mamma Mia or any other recent movie/soundtrack situation. The last one was Bodyguard and we all know how important, big and promoted the soundtrack was. It also spawned a huge hit single. Let’s just wait and see before we make any asumptions.

One thing you all forget is that it’s a remake. It’s the 3rd(or 4th) time they do a new version of this movie. I personally never heard something from those movies before this came with Gaga. 

jaXXXon
3 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

Mamma Mia was an album performed by an all-star cast, all of which weren't pop stars. Why should Meryl promote and release a single? 

ASIB will be performed by a commercial pop superstar, so it'll be treated completely differently. 

freebit

DJWS being nixed as main producer would explain a lot and be understandable, but I don't think she'd do that tbh. She seems pretty ride or die in regards to him.

4 hours ago, SwissMonster said:

One thing you all forget is that it’s a remake. It’s the 3rd(or 4th) time they do a new version of this movie. I personally never heard something from those movies before this came with Gaga. 

I think the last people who might vividly remember the last ASIB are in their 60s now. According to wiki, the 70s version spawned a single, Evergreen, which spent three weeks at #1 on Billboard Hot 100. They'll definitely release a single, or at the very least try to promote a song from there like 'Til it Happens to you to push for awards season.

A new album amidst a movie, a movie soundtrack, and a residency is just....a lot. I could see her releasing a single for a collab where she's not the main artist, but that's it.

SwissMonster
3 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Mamma Mia was an album performed by an all-star cast, all of which weren't pop stars. Why should Meryl promote and release a single? 

ASIB will be performed by a commercial pop superstar, so it'll be treated completely differently. 

Okay, lets just say you are right. I still bet she will not do any promotion for the soundtrack outside of the US

Archived