💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

This just made the situation worse

Infinity Wave

Featured Posts

Infinity Wave

So, I've been hit by a big nostalgia lately and I've been going thru a lot of videos of the ARTPOP era.

I particularly remembered this one:

Little recape for those who've never seen this or just forgot or choosed to forget: this was the ARTPOP release party, the night between the 10th and 11th of November, 2013. She began the set with Aura and than continued with ARTPOP. 

The "bad" thing was, she began the set in the back of this really wide room, so she had to walk through the crowd to get to the stage. This didn't seem a bad idea while she walked in the back, like, there were only "casual" fans back there.

But then she eventually got nearer the stage, and that's when the problem began. I'll let the video explain this part, everything begins near the bridge of the song.

I'll just say that this always give me a LOT of anxiety when I watch it, like, really. How could people think that it was a good idea to try to approach her in the middle of that enourmous crowd?? There is a moment in which she seems literally lost in the crowd - I get she is only 5 foot 2, but she is wearing a reeeeeaally strange outfit. She even had some security guys near her but they (clearly) couldn't help but let the crowd overwhelm her. Asiel and another dancer had to get off the stage to help her thru. 

As long as I never agree with those "we do not deserve her love" or "we re always so rude" etc, I have to admit that this was VERY stupid, childish and WRONG of the crowd. I mean, only real LM were down there. Do they really had to try to touch her??

I really think that this just changed something. It maybe nothing for some of you, but I mean, Gaga always says she suffers from PTSD, so little bit of anxiety, panic attacks and so on... and she had just recovered from the injury, so that must have hurt her so much.

I really think that, after that, she began to be more detached from us, and for a reason. When people say that she dosn't let fan hug her anymore (like in the JWT backstages) I finally get it, I really think that this just made the -already damaged by her team, the press, and everything else- situation worse, this time in regards of us, her fans.

Sorry if too long but I really tried to understand what she must have felt in those moments.

Colourful

ryanripley

shout out to the iconic moment when she drops that guy's drink on the floor

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

Sepsami

It's easy to say now that the fans were childish but let's remember she's a lifelong idol for people, anyone could've been overwhelmed by her literally standing next to them and kind of lose control :neyde:

When I saw her live during JWT I was in the AP area so I was just a few meters away from her and even that shook me to my core :cryga: and I'm not an impulsive little teen anymore,.. sadly :awkney: 

Can't really blame the fans, it was kind of a bad decision by Gaga/managment :shrug: 

Sepsami
1 minute ago, ryanripley said:

NO BOOZ ON THE KOONZ:poot: 

Infinity Wave
5 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

Couldn't decide which of the two topics open a thread about honestly :icega:

Colourful

Katie14

I thought the point of that performance was for her to get overwhelmed by the crowd. She even tried to make this happen more intensely by purposely falling at one point. The song ARTPOP is about her wondering if art and pop can happen simultaneously. She is the art and the crowd is the pop. 

Zaskar
37 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

I really think that, after that, she began to be more detached from us, and for a reason.

And yet artRAVE was her most intimate tour :oprah:

Andreu
43 minutes ago, Infinity Wave said:

So, I've been hit by a big nostalgia lately and I've been going thru a lot of videos of the ARTPOP era.

I particularly remembered this one:

Little recape for those who've never seen this or just forgot or choosed to forget: this was the ARTPOP release party, the night between the 10th and 11th of September, 2013. She began the set with Aura and than continued with ARTPOP. 

The "bad" thing was, she began the set in the back of this really wide room, so she had to walk through the crowd to get to the stage. This didn't seem a bad idea while she walked in the back, like, there were only "casual" fans back there.

But then she eventually got nearer the stage, and that's when the problem began. I'll let the video explain this part, everything begins near the bridge of the song.

I'll just say that this always give me a LOT of anxiety when I watch it, like, really. How could people think that it was a good idea to try to approach her in the middle of that enourmous crowd?? There is a moment in which she seems literally lost in the crowd - I get she is only 5 foot 2, but she is wearing a reeeeeaally strange outfit. She even had some security guys near her but they (clearly) couldn't help but let the crowd overwhelm her. Asiel and another dancer had to get off the stage to help her thru. 

As long as I never agree with those "we do not deserve her love" or "we re always so rude" etc, I have to admit that this was VERY stupid, childish and WRONG of the crowd. I mean, only real LM were down there. Do they really had to try to touch her??

I really think that this just changed something. It maybe nothing for some of you, but I mean, Gaga always says she suffers from PTSD, so little bit of anxiety, panic attacks and so on... and she had just recovered from the injury, so that must have hurt her so much.

I really think that, after that, she began to be more detached from us, and for a reason. When people say that she dosn't let fan hug her anymore (like in the JWT backstages) I finally get it, I really think that this just made the -already damaged by her team, the press, and everything else- situation worse, this time in regards of us, her fans.

Sorry if too long but I really tried to understand what she must have felt in those moments.

November:trollga:

Spoiler

:kara:

PoshLife

I remember staying up WAY late at night to watch this, and then it started late (as usual) and then the stream was like broken for the first five minutes or something :toofunny: 

Schizophonic

i just cant take her serious with that super cheap wig. it looks sooo weird.

FadMadonsterStan

I remember watching this live! The memories, I love the performance :wub:

Don't go for second best, baby Put your love to the test

She literally jumped in the crowd during Manicure at the ARTPOP Ball so I doubt this changed anything in the way she interactED with us

Illuminati

Risque queen

lXGke3K.gif

The problem was not that they were trying to crush her but that they had nowhere to step back. But that's not the only part that made the whole event a trainwreck. Does anyone remember the fact that the art pieces were vandalized by her fans?

Ariana Grindr

Honestly this whole event was just strange overall. I love ARTPOP but this was sorta a mess:cryga:

Archived