❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

Which was the biggest snub of Gaga's career?

Red Velvet

LM unification  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest snub of her career?

• Best New Artist (Grammy 2010)
    • No nominations for Born this Way era videos (exception of BTW and Judas) (VMAs 2012)
    • Born this Way loss to 21 (Grammys 2012)
    • The Fame Monster to the Suburbs (Grammys 2011)
    • Loss to the first gay man (Oscars 2016)
    • Ginger rat robbery (Grammys 2018)
    • No nominations for ARTPOP videos (VMAs 2014)
    • Applause snubbed from getting that #1
    • Bad Romance vs Tik Tok

Featured Posts

Red Velvet

Firstly, we have 10 years being with our dearest mother monster, a beautiful goddess ndeed who had the highest momentums, the highest honors but sometimes what can make you a legend is not just being on the top all the time, but seeing the choice of going to the lowest to rise up. So what is her biggest snub?

You decide!

I'm like some kind of supernova

ryanripley

the oscars, that was just...... painful

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

vinster13

ARTPOP noms at vmas because she always gives them hot ass performances and they always change her ideas or over shadow her

KyliesChild

her not winning the oscar. she was the highlight of the show and ending the night with an oscar in her hand (or diane's but whatever) would've been powerful. i think it would've given her more opportunities in films and she'd get even more recognition from a completely different demographic 

Anderson123

Born This Way losing Album of the Year to 21. I do understand why this happened and I love Adele but I really wanted to see it win that. 

Joanne losing to Divide but also understandable.

I think the BIGGEST one has got to be Til It Happens To You losing to Sam Smith. I know I was probably being delusional when I wanted BTW to win over Adele but TIHTY really SHOULD have won that, especially after all the mess this past year with sexual assault scandals.

shame

Although Oscars 2016 was tragic, the fact that BTW received ZERO Grammy wins was really devastating considering how fearless its message was and how diverse and eclectic its sound was. It's pretty rare to find a pop album with bold, multifaceted themes like BTW. 21 delivered some cute love songs but SIX Grammys....? it wasn't that groundbreaking.

I think that's when I lost respect for the Academy. The day Grammys started awarding popularity over quality.

angels forever, forever angels

CyanLights

Til it Happens To You or Born This Way tbh. 

TIHTY seemed like a sure winner and (imo) deserved it over Sam Smith, esp. after the performances that night. 

BTW I just wanted to win cause i like that album 20x better than 21 and felt like it was more diverse  :shrug: 

KyliesChild
Just now, Alan123 said:

Born This Way losing Album of the Year to 21. I do understand why this happened and I love Adele but I really wanted to see it win that. 

Joanne losing to Divide but also understandable.

I think the BIGGEST one has got to be Til It Happens To You losing to Sam Smith. I know I was probably being delusional when I wanted BTW to win over Adele but TIHTY really SHOULD have won that, especially after all the mess this past year with sexual assault scandals.

considering the fact that people in hollywood probably knew about what harvey weinstein did to many women behind the scenes, i guess a couple voters thought it would've been awkward to award a song about sexual assault that is affiliated with him :ph34r:

Retron

Oh, it's the Oscar, 100%.

I've seen every main line Bond film and "Writing's On The Wall" is a garbage tier Bond theme.

"Til It Happens to You" was socially significant and a chilling, moving ballad.

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, TheShameMonster said:

Although Oscars 2016 was tragic, the fact that BTW received ZERO  wins was really devastating considering how fearless its message was and how diverse and eclectic its sound was. 21 was a gorgeous love album but SIX Grammys... really?

Just now, CyanLights said:

Til it Happens To You or Born This Way tbh. 

TIHTY seemed like a sure winner and (imo) deserved it over Sam Smith, esp. after the performances that night. 

BTW I just wanted to win cause i like that album 20x better than 21 and felt like it was more diverse  :shrug: 

21 is probably the album of the decade objectively so I don't really consider losing to Adele a "snub". She was critically acclaimed and universally loved by people as well. 21 is literally the best selling album in recent memory so I think it rightfully deserved the amount of Grammys it received. 

TimisaMonster

On that list, definitely when Gaga lost to Sam Smith when the song TIHTY was such a strong an powerful message and it got a standing ovation as opposed to Sam Smith and his whiny James bond song...

It was a "seriously?" moment and I think even the GP and the audience was surprised 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived