question

Is Gaga pretentious?

edgy

Featured Posts

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gagaism

Every artist has to be pretentious some time in carrer. I think she's pretentious about to show her own art, so I'm fine with it because she's so talented and I live for it

aaronyoji
On 3/31/2018 at 9:58 PM, Tokyo Rose said:

A lot of people might call her whole "fashionista persona" and all that pretentious, but what I felt was pretentious was the whole Joanne debacle. 

As a fan since 2009, to watch her contradict everything she used to say about what she does felt pretentious. Wearing a blank white t shirt and jean shorts is not an artistic statement :smh: If your tired of dressing up just say it girl :smh:

And also, when the Joanne era started, she would say things on twitter like "Hi monsters, and new fans.."  :smh:

yeah i can see where that'd be pretentious, this whole gritty americana persona she was trying to convey, making music you wouldn't hear past the midwest, even though she grew up on the upper east side of new york city its like..... there's a way to do folksy music without being costumey about it, and i think thats always a consistent problem with her work is it always slightly misses the mark, whether its just a little over the top and artificial, or if its just right under the level it needs to be taken to. no hate tho. 

Guest Adarsh

Who isnt? Everyone is pretentious. And that includes all of us. It comes out in one way or the other. 

Disco Chapel

What answer do you all want lmao Five Foot Two gave us everything about what Gaga is as a person and as an artist

Archived