💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

RuPaul's Drag Race

Travis

Featured Posts

cometoogg

Just for fun, what is everyone's predicted elimination order?

My order is:

Top 3:

- Courtney Act (Winner)

- BenDeLaCreme

- Bianca Del Rio

4th-6th:

- Darienne Lake

- Adore Delano

- Joslyn Fox

7th-9th:

- Laganja Estranja

- Trinity K Bonet

- Milk

10th and 11th:

- Gia Gunn

- April Carrion

And Miss Darienne Lake will get Miss Congeniality :party:

My order is:

Top 3:

-Courtney

-Adore

-Ben

4th-6th:

-Bianca

-Joslyn

-Laganja

7th - 9th:

-Darienne

-Trinity

-Milk

Edited by chilli

Based on the number of looks from previews and stuff we already know who's going home basically every week from now until the final 4

Based on the number of looks from previews and stuff we already know who's going home basically every week from now until the final 4

Spoiler?

PRAISE THE LORD THAT BITCH IS FINALLY GONE, BYE FELICIA

I just watched Untucked and I'm so tired of Trinity's excuses, Ru is just encouraging that behavior by keeping her

KrisFromMars

Why is RU babying Trinity. I hope she doesn't pull another Tyra Sanchez because she should not have won that season.

heavyMetalGAGA

I think Rupaul mostly has an issue with boydrag in the context of the show itself. It probably makes it hard for the panel to judge a queen compared to her peers when they step that far out of sync with what the other contestants are doing. That said, they clocked Milk for it, but they didn't really clock him for it. After all, his Julia Child was as dismal as Gia's Kim K., and yet they let him squeak through.

I just wish Milk could actually articulate the motivation behind his aesthetic. I love messy/busted/spooky/freak drag, but I still want there to be a vision/motivating idea behind it. And to me, Milk's looks are just messy, not "messy" like, say, Alaska's busted/gutter/trash aesthetic. All she's been able to say is "I want to be different," and, sorry Milk, that's not a very impressive accomplishment.

I think Milk should have just done an earlier Rupaul--go with the gender**** look, or go with her pre-supermodel hooker look. That would have avoided painting a target on her back while also staying true to what seems to be her modus operandi.

What do rich gay men care about transphobia or misogyny? What gets me is that the media is only focusing on the term "shemale." The use of the term is devastating, but it isn't even the crux of the issue. 1 in 12 trans women run the risk of being *murdered* during their lifetime. If they're a trans woman of color, it's 1 in 8. That's straight up MURDER, not accounting for the massive amount of violence and hatred that goes against the trans community. AND RuPaul can't make a ****ing apology? RuPaul you profit off of gender performance when people are being killed for being who they ARE, and you can't even say you ****ed up and you're sorry.

No one wants to take issue with the fact that this challenge in question (that aired two weeks ago) required the queens to look at zoomed in photos of women's body parts (thereby objectifying them!) and determine their gender based on the appearance of those body parts. This episode tried to make the claim that there is a discipherable difference between a "biological woman" and a "psychological woman."

When RuPaul says, "we're all born naked and the rest is drag," I don't think he understands that the way he performs gender is MONUMENTALLY different from the way a transperson performs gender (if you wonder why I say "perform," see 'gender performativity'). I'm sorry, honey, but at the end of the day YOU get paid to dress in drag and get worshipped like the grand mahoff. NOBODY pays a transwoman to be herself. At the end of the day, you get to take off your make up and go have fun being a cis gay male. Meanwhile, somewhere else in this country a trans person's life is in danger because people like you perpetuate the hatred against the trans community.

You are NOT objectified in the way a (trans)woman is objectified. You do not have to deal with the social consequences of being a (trans)woman. I'm tired of the gay community not giving a **** about women and trans people. Once you got marriage, did you suddenly feel the need to join your straight cis brethren in fighting against everyone else?

Flippy

Trinity, Laganja & Darienne need to go home tbh :coffee:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22