💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Justin Timberlake the first?

mzncb

Featured Posts

Damon

Gotta admit thanks to all the controversy he had with brit, and releasing cry me a river increased his popularity so much, then he went higher with rock your body

like i love you barely had any impact as the other two i named before, till a couple years ago i thought rock your body was his lead tbh

... and now i just sit in silence.

7 hours ago, jaXXXon said:

Like I Love You came out at a time when a #11 peak was still regarded as a hit. I can't at you calling that song a flop when it peaked at #11. Mess! 

That means Work Bitch was a hit too??????

6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

You make me laugh, Barbara have always been like that in her interviews. That is her shtick. Besides, if you weren't there and just making assumptions then it is not facts. Because,  based on first hand experience, his solo debut was all over the radio, and it was topping charts on MTV TRL, a TV show that mattered back in the day. He released his album when N*SYNC was still popular, just not long after their final album, CELEBRITY. He did got some press. And many good and positive reviews for the debut single. And that is something relevant, because at that time, people just got enough with boybands and anything to do with it was mocked severely. But they let JT thrive by giving him a chance, something that they don't give to his band mate, JC Chazes who also tried to build career on his own, nor to another popular member from rival boyband, BSB, Nick Carter, which both solo debut tanked severely.

More over, this song also pave the way for the producer, The Neptunes, to be known by the public. Especially one of them, Pharrell Williams.

You can try to diss JT all you like,  but please next time learn the actual history before the yapping.

DO NOT ****ING PLAY GAMES.

'August 30, 2002 – Our last poll asking if you prefer the solo debut single from *NSYNC’s Justin Timberlake or Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter had about 60% of you voting for Nick’s ‘Help Me’, enough to easily beat Timberlake’s new hit ‘Like I Love You’, which he performed at the MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday.'

http://popdirt.com/triumph-the-insult-comic-dog-on-britney-justin/7128/

'Nick Carter’s official site sent out a thank you message/west coast spoiler to fans who helped vote Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter and his debut solo video ‘Help Me’ to #1 on MTV’s Total Request Live, breaking *NSYNC star Justin Timberlake’s four day streak at the top spot with ‘Like I Love You’.'

http://popdirt.com/nick-carter-tops-mtvs-total-request-live/7833/

I'm a Slave 4 U already paved the way for Justin Timberlake's Pharrell-working relationship and introducing the Neptunes to the pop world.

AND the FAR MORE TALENTED JC Chasez was the lead singer of NSYNC until Britney Spears made justin timberlake famous by allowing him to date her and pushing him to the front of the group.  His debut single had no impact and needed his ex girlfriend to have a solo career.

BRITNEY SPEARS CREATED JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE'S SOLO CAREER. PERIOD.

8 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

I don't get it. She mentions "Like I Love You" at the 7:00 mark and shows the video too.

Yeah,  And all she can say is 'As we’ve said the only song to be released so far on the CD is “like I love you” which is in part about Justin’s desire l in love again.'

NO IMPACT.

Why is Barbara Walters spending so much time talking Britney if the boy made it on his own?

BRITNEY SPEARS CREATED THE SOLO CAREER OF JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE. PERIOD.

Saying Britney created his solo career is kind of like saying Kanye made Taylor famous. The controversy just took them to another level of celebrity.

brit4ever
58 minutes ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Saying Britney created his solo career is kind of like saying Kanye made Taylor famous. The controversy just took them to another level of celebrity.

Britney was already the biggest female artist on the world, NSYNC* were local and Justin was underperforming prior to Cry Me A River, Britney deffinetly gifted him a career. I'm not even gonna mention how he trew her under the bus in every single interview at the time + What Goes Around Comes Around was also about Britney. That literaly means that 1/3 of all his hits were thanks to Britney. 

And no, it's not like saying Kanye made Taylor Famous, Fearless was already multi-Platinum album and Love Story and You Belong With Me were some of the biggest hits of the year. 

Justin was right, what goes around realy comes around, he is now notorious for two of the worst Super Bowl Half Time Shows in history. :ladyhaha: 

RAMROD
4 hours ago, mzncb said:

DO NOT ****ING PLAY GAMES.

'August 30, 2002 – Our last poll asking if you prefer the solo debut single from *NSYNC’s Justin Timberlake or Backstreet Boys’ Nick Carter had about 60% of you voting for Nick’s ‘Help Me’, enough to easily beat Timberlake’s new hit ‘Like I Love You’, which he performed at the MTV Video Music Awards on Thursday.'

http://popdirt.com/triumph-the-insult-comic-dog-on-britney-justin/7128/

'Nick Carter’s official site sent out a thank you message/west coast spoiler to fans who helped vote Backstreet Boys star Nick Carter and his debut solo video ‘Help Me’ to #1 on MTV’s Total Request Live, breaking *NSYNC star Justin Timberlake’s four day streak at the top spot with ‘Like I Love You’.'

http://popdirt.com/nick-carter-tops-mtvs-total-request-live/7833/

I'm a Slave 4 U already paved the way for Justin Timberlake's Pharrell-working relationship and introducing the Neptunes to the pop world.

AND the FAR MORE TALENTED JC Chasez was the lead singer of NSYNC until Britney Spears made justin timberlake famous by allowing him to date her and pushing him to the front of the group.  His debut single had no impact and needed his ex girlfriend to have a solo career.

BRITNEY SPEARS CREATED JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE'S SOLO CAREER. PERIOD.

You can call it as you like, your mind have been made long before these discussion even started. Just know you are not right on this one, nor about JT is using Britney for fame, period.

First off,  Like I Love you reached #4 on US Top 40, while Nick's Help Me only reached #36, it is a fact which debut solo more successful here. And as your quotes shows, JT jave been on the top for 4 days before Nick does. And then, N*SYNC got two leads, not just JC. And both of them got the same tenor vocal just different colour, just as Billboard article quoted; "*N SYNC songs were often constructed so that Timberlake could deliver the blue-eyed tenderness ("This I Promise You," "Tearin' Up My Heart") while Chasez could attack the higher notes and longer melismas ("It's Gonna Be Me," "I Drive Myself Crazy")."

Also, both JT and Britney have make name on their own accord before they are officially dating. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ young, dumb, and full of numb (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

20 hours ago, RAMROD said:

You can call it as you like, your mind have been made long before these discussion even started. Just know you are not right on this one, nor about JT is using Britney for fame, period.

First off,  Like I Love you reached #4 on US Top 40, while Nick's Help Me only reached #36, it is a fact which debut solo more successful here. And as your quotes shows, JT jave been on the top for 4 days before Nick does. And then, N*SYNC got two leads, not just JC. And both of them got the same tenor vocal just different colour, just as Billboard article quoted; "*N SYNC songs were often constructed so that Timberlake could deliver the blue-eyed tenderness ("This I Promise You," "Tearin' Up My Heart") while Chasez could attack the higher notes and longer melismas ("It's Gonna Be Me," "I Drive Myself Crazy")."

Also, both JT and Britney have make name on their own accord before they are officially dating. 

Yeah, Like I Love You reached #4 on a lesser Billboard chart.  It never reached the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.  EVER.

You mentioned TRL and all that and Nick Carter's debut also made it to number one.

Justin Timberlake's debut had ZERO impact. Barbara Walters is one of the most important journalists in world history and almost ignores it. 

Why?

23 hours ago, GrigioGirl1 said:

Not even close because Taylor Swift was already a multiple multi-platinum selling artist before that ever happened.

Justin Timberlake was just a former boy band boy with a fledgling solo career and a debut single that had zero impact.

Cry Me a River is a great music video, but facts are facts: Britney Spears created Justin Timberlake's solo career.

Archived