Alvaro Moreno Ullrich
7 hours ago, DelusionalGaga said:

Too bad, because it already happened :selena:

And it was awful

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ARTPOP2

We can still have ARTPOP's little sister for LG6 and the amazing heavenly unearthly sexy underrated colorful joyful artistic messy grandiose over the top boppy *** slaying ol'sister ARTPOP that was released in november 2013 as LG3 

Andrea B
7 hours ago, corvus albus said:

Gaga is a good lyricist not a great one. Don't always expect her A-game. Besides:

Mumbling incomprehensable spanish (Born this way)

disguising that she rhymed pocket with pocket in alejandro (In her pocket = En su bolsillo)

I'm mexican and I can understand Americano and she doesn't sound bad. 

Defmix100

it's my favourite album but I agree that basically none of the songs fit the concept at all

TimisaMonster

ARTPOP Is Gaga's 3rd full album...fact

Management was a MAJORissue back then and that's a fact

Gaga did her best and also submitted the album like 15 times until the label to finally agreed to the final tracklist...must have been frustrating 

Also, she didn't even get the singles she wanted released...Aura, Venus, etc 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

corvus albus
1 hour ago, Andree said:

I'm mexican and I can understand Americano and she doesn't sound bad. 

This was not a shot against the album but the song itself (i should have specified there)

ChromaticaPunk

It's a mess but a euphoric mess that is probably my top listened Gaga album. 

Inferno

ARTPOP was mis-marketed imo. Had she sold it as what it was, a RuPaul evoking campy-cheap flaming gay pop album then it would've been held to its appropriate standard. It was conceptually knotted and kind of a mess tracklisting wise, but overall not the tragedy it was painted to be as far as the actual top 40 potential of the music is concerned. Theres no reason songs like G.U.Y. or Sexxx Dreams shouldn't have hit in an era where Dark Horse and Timber were topping the charts. She was plagued with poor public perception, bad management, and honestly I didn't agree with a lot of her creative direction for the era beyond the initial looks for the promotional campaign. In summary, the album itself was too silly and dumb to live up to the conceptual ideals she was hawking and thus it was panned. In an era where she would've finally been allowed to go high concept, high fashion, and focused. She went the opposite direction. And it was a miss.

Maleficent

ARTPOP just wasn't produced well I think--it somehow managed to be both ahead of its time and sound outdated... This is why I'm nervous about her working with DJWS again... (though he redeemed himself with The Cure)

Maleficent
8 minutes ago, Inferno said:

In summary, the album itself was too silly and dumb to live up to the conceptual ideals she was hawking and thus it was panned.

100% agree... She sounded way too conceited and cringe-y (reverse Warholian experience, intersection of Art and Pop...)

Inferno
7 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

ARTPOP just wasn't produced well I think--it somehow managed to be both ahead of its time and sound outdated... This is why I'm nervous about her working with DJWS again... (though he redeemed himself with The Cure)

Well The Cure was moreso the other producers than DJWS. And honestly im also nervous about her working with him due to his production quality. I don't think hes good enough to take her where she needs to go. Imo. But they're too tight for her to like care about that I guess. Which is unfortunate.

I disagree. I think ARTPOP should’ve came out in 2012 but that would have result in Gaga shortening BTWB and probably not having the hip injury. :sweat:

SpookyKid
2 hours ago, corvus albus said:

This was not a shot against the album but the song itself (i should have specified there)

Where does she sing in Spanish in BTW (song)? :oprah: 

Life has a hopeful undertone |-/

JudasIsAHolyFoo
13 hours ago, ordinarynam1310 said:

i said full album, TFM is an EP

TFM is not an EP. an EP is 4-6 tracks that is contained within a 30 minute time period. The Fame Monster does not meet this criteria and therefore is an LP and Gaga herself even states TFM is an album not an EP

Monster Ball 2010, Monster Ball 2011, Born This Way Ball 2013, artRAVE 2014, Joanne World Tour 2017 (Both Nights in Toronto)

Archived