Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

Can Gaga reach 1# on BB Hot100 again ?

JohnWayne97

Featured Posts

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

She did what she had to do to make it not flop, which it didn't. By your logic, Just Dance was a flop too since she performed it 10x as much as Million Reasons

This entire post makes no sense... :oprah:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PlanetChromatica
3 hours ago, JohnWayne97 said:

Yes she did promote Joanne.. but she missed in so many points !!! 

Because she was getting treatment for her fibro in between promo, have you not seen 5ft 2?

Judas Oyster
On 18.3.2018 at 6:06 AM, JohnWayne97 said:

Oh my god no way !! 

But I think she should collab with Kendrick, SZA or maybe even Kanye.. 

Well, actually Kanye has been working with Gaga on his new album.

Edit: I misinformed, I though the source was Rap-Up website but actually it was from a 200k Instagram account. Still not sure what their source is again but it's a Kanye West dedicated account. See my post next page for the picture and link. Sorry!

JohnWayne97
Just now, Judas Oyster said:

On LG6 ?? how do u know it ??? :gum::excited2:

does ur mom works as an insider ?

Lextyr97
1 hour ago, TimisaMonster said:

This entire post makes no sense... :oprah:

Million Reasons, which is 2x plat, is being called a flop because Gaga promoted it a ton, so by that logic, it should have done better. Just Dance is diamond (10x plat), and was performed waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Million Reasons, and by the logic that was given of calling Million Reasons a flop based on the chart to performances ratio, Just Dance should be considered a flop too.

RadioIsOurs
3 hours ago, brit4ever said:

All the people bragging about promo and performances, when nowadays it's all streaming........ :awkney: It's not the 00s anymore it's late 10s and people under 20(the audience that determines what to reach #1 and The Top 10 the most) doesn't watch TV, award shows, doesn't buy music on iTunes and etc things from the past decade. Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music are what she should focus on in the future.

To have a #1 she needs to:

1. Make herself "cool" again. As I mentioned, it's up to the teens which songs are in the top 10 and Gaga is not one of the artists they consider cool. As a teen myself, I can assure you that no one would play Gaga on a party, unless it's Bad Romance or Poker Face and only for the nostalgia and most likely it won't happen. Gaga is seen as an "old" artist from the past decade.

2. She needs a collab with a big rapper, or Rihanna.

3. Needs a song that fits the trends, but is also distinctive enough to stand out.

4. Focus mainly on Spotify and other sreaming platforms. Performing at award shows is nice, but appart from stans and fans of the other performing artists no one realy cares about that anymore, it might help selling few thousand coppies of a song, but it has barely no impact whatsoever.

Overall, imo, Gaga is still able to have hits and probably will in the future, but another #1 is highly unlikely for her, although there's nothing impossible and she might surprise me.

She almost had The Cure in the bag for that. Some of my friends actually knew the song and were singing along to it when one of the played it. Radio was also playing it frequently. Unfortunately, it didn't have a music video to make it stand out, so it only reached Hailee Steinfeld levels of success... Even then, it probably needed a more iconic hook like Havana as well as a rap feature to make it close to no. 1. 

Judas Oyster
21 hours ago, JohnWayne97 said:

On LG6 ?? how do u know it ??? :gum::excited2:

does ur mom works as an insider ?

His :) Rap-Up (big legit hip-hop website) reported recently a list of artists he's been working with lately. He's been working on his upcoming album.

Kanye is one of my favorite artists of all time and I listen to him more than Gaga tbh so I'm really excited too :D  My only two hopes are: 1. please release it 2. praying it's not only a ballad ish song. I expect experimental.

Edit: I misinformed, I though the source was Rap-Up website but actually it was from a 200k Instagram account. Still not sure what their source is again but it's a Kanye West dedicated account. See my post next page for the picture and link. Sorry!

She definitely can. She needs to make herself cool and edgy again with her image and fashion. A pink cowboy hat is NOT cool.

She needs something cool and trendy musically but still unique. "The Cure" was trendy but there was nothing distinct about it. With more promotion and a video it probably reaches top 20 but it's still rather forgettable. The sound The Weeknd put out with Daft Punk would be nice, except it was done already.

It can be done, but they need to sit down and plan it out, and everyone on her team need to be on the same page.

Eggsy
1 hour ago, Judas Oyster said:

And she shouldn't....

ryanripley
1 hour ago, Judas Oyster said:

His :) Rap-Up (big legit hip-hop website) reported recently a list of artists he's been working with lately. He's been working on his upcoming album.

Kanye is one of my favorite artists of all time and I listen to him more than Gaga tbh so I'm really excited too :D  My only two hopes are: 1. please release it 2. praying it's not only a ballad ish song. I expect experimental.

do you have a link to this?

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

TimisaMonster
1 hour ago, TylerBR97 said:

Million Reasons, which is 2x plat, is being called a flop because Gaga promoted it a ton, so by that logic, it should have done better. Just Dance is diamond (10x plat), and was performed waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than Million Reasons, and by the logic that was given of calling Million Reasons a flop based on the chart to performances ratio, Just Dance should be considered a flop too.

I didn't say MR was a flop....her lack of promo for her LEAD SINGLE and a non album single was what I called a flop

Lextyr97
3 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said:

I didn't say MR was a flop....her lack of promo for her LEAD SINGLE and a non album single was what I called a flop

The way this is written:

"Gaga BARELY did promo for her LEAD SINGLE 

Yet promoted MR for an entire year as a second single and randomly released The Cure which wasn't even on the album...

That's a flop..."

...makes it seem like you're saying MR and The Cure were the flops. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize.

TimisaMonster
3 minutes ago, TylerBR97 said:

The way this is written:

"Gaga BARELY did promo for her LEAD SINGLE 

Yet promoted MR for an entire year as a second single and randomly released The Cure which wasn't even on the album...

That's a flop..."

...makes it seem like you're saying MR and The Cure were the flops. If that's not what you meant, then I apologize.

The imbalance of bare promo for her LEAD

To a year long promo campaign for MR and The Cure was very strange to me...

Not even a 3rd proper single...

No Joanne doesn't count lol

But yeah wasn't calling the sales or charting of the songs flops...the flop was Gaga's 20/80 promo for the singles 

PrinceOfTheStorm

Incoming Opinion. :trollga:

Nope. :cryga:

Why? :huh: I just haven’t seen Pop as big of force as say Hip-Hop/Rap and R&B. :sweat: Kids, Teens and Young Adults have majorly moved to the Hip Hop genre. :neyde:That’s why songs like “Gods Plan” and “ (:saladga:) Bad and Boujee.” become those songs that top. :deadbanana: There will be those stand outs for sure, but considering how The Cure went, no. :eww:And don’t say promotion is what drives it. Streaming does. :blink: We should all know this. Artist like Drake, Ed Sheeren and Camilla Cabello have popular songs and are streaming forces. :tea:

Although she’s insanely capable to make a song that can chart, that audience needs to be there. :wacko: Unfortunately like our good friend The Cure, it wasn’t. :rip:

I help out with school dances sometimes, and her name hasn’t came up in forever. :wtf: Students pick the songs. :poot: Only once when SB rolled up and Bad Romance was recommended. :flutter: Poor Gaga though. :air:

I really hope she can reach the top.  :pray:Although from memory (I’ll change if I’m wrong) she hasn’t topped in almost a decade.  :icega: I’m content with her sticking to her fanbase. :) It’s good enough for me. :kara:

signing out

Archived